Windows 10: ReadyNAS - Network Server BACKUP -What Important Info To Backup ????

Discus and support ReadyNAS - Network Server BACKUP -What Important Info To Backup ???? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ** My Question is at the bottom ** . I have a Netgear 214 ReadyNAS Network server that I keep EVERYTHING ON. Basically.. my Windows Desktop only has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joe_wht, Sep 1, 2019.

1. joe_wht Win User

ReadyNAS - Network Server BACKUP -What Important Info To Backup ????

** My Question is at the bottom **

I have a Netgear 214 ReadyNAS Network server that I keep EVERYTHING ON.

Basically.. my Windows Desktop only has whatever SETTINGS, User profile stuff, Windows System stuff, I'm guessing some type of DATA File Directions so when I click something in Windows Explorer it will know how to reach my NAS to pull the document files or photo files to display on my monitor..

--- I'm not sure if I explained that right --

SO.. -ALL- of my "files", doc, photos, pdf's is automatically saved on my NAS and the NAS will make it's own RAID 10= "Double or triple" backups

---- But-- 2 times the past 5 years Netgear had a firmware screwup that SCREWED UP the NAS's ~Safety Backup~

and I had to reload off of old USB drives that I. THANKFULLY USE once a year.

SO.. I'm sure there's other Settings, Profile data, directory path data on my desktop that may need to be backup.

--- I'm wanting to create a backup on my ReadyNAS.. that will pull -whatever data- from my desktop windows computer.

Maybe even the Windows Install fall + settings, profiles... that will make Re-Loading Windows Easier if it crashes !!

:)

joe_wht, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Sep 1, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Netgear Launches New ReadyNAS Servers

NETGEAR, Inc., a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, today announced a new portfolio of networked-attached-storage (NAS) products which run on the newly developed ReadyNAS OS 6. These revolutionary devices are built on a custom platform designed as "storage made easy" for both the home and small to medium-sized businesses (SMB). NETGEAR also unveiled a suite of new downloadable applications for these products on the genie+ marketplace.

With a sleek new interface and a rich set of embedded or easily downloadable applications, this NAS storage portfolio pairs the latest in performance and scalability with cutting-edge technologies such as unlimited snapshots and cloud-managed replication, which dramatically reduces any possibility of data loss. Once again, NETGEAR is taking features and capabilities previously available only from expensive, large-enterprise vendors and lowering the cost while dramatically simplifying deployment and manageability to provide users with affordable, powerful, and reliable NAS storage.

ReadyNAS - Network Server BACKUP -What Important Info To Backup ???? 56a_thm.jpg

Photographs, video clips, songs, websites, email, client files, and application data on physical or virtual servers — the type of information that enriches our lives and is essential to business can seem endless. With ReadyNAS, customers finally have an advanced, easy-to-use solution for centralizing, securing, and controlling access to digital assets. What's more, cloud-based discovery and file management through NETGEAR's ReadyCLOUD simplifies the set-up experience and enables full ongoing management of data from any web-connected device.

"As a photographer, my images are the foundation of my various photography businesses," explains Colby Brown, professional photographer and photo educator. "ReadyNAS is a full-featured file server providing access to all my data while on the road, an easy ability to backup data while outside of the office, and the ability to collaborate with other colleagues when I am in the field. With the new ReadyNAS operating system, I don't need an entire IT department to get up and running, and the clean new interface takes all the challenges out of running effective backups of my valuable data."

The latest additions to the award-wining ReadyNAS product family (www.netgear.com/readynas) are available in three new series of desktop models and a 1U rackmount, each designed for the unique needs of home users and small to medium-sized businesses.
    • The entry level ReadyNAS 100 Series (RN102xx, RN104xx) is designed for home use, and comes in two-bay and four-bay models that are offered as either diskless or populated with drives.
    • The ReadyNAS 300 Series (RN312xx, RN314xx, RN316xx) is optimized for small business networks and remote or branch office needs, and offers two-bay, four-bay, and six-bay versions that are either diskless or populated with drives.
    • The four-bay ReadyNAS 2120 is a 1U form factor for easy rack deployment in small data center environments and comes either diskless or populated with drives.
    • The six-bay ReadyNAS 500 Series (RN516xx) offers the highest performance and is designed for small to medium sized business networks supporting up to 250 concurrent users, and also comes diskless or populated with drives.
    "We designed the new ReadyNAS OS from the ground up with ease-of-use in mind, so users can confidently centralize and back up all their data," said Matt Pahnke, senior product marketing manager for NETGEAR Storage. "Customers could not be more excited about our revolutionary ReadyCLOUD technology for cloud-based set-up, provisioning, and management. The cloud-based set-up and comprehensive, but simple-to-use interface is unlike anything else in the NAS market."

Each ReadyNAS features advanced on-box data protection in the form of unlimited snapshot capability, cloud-managed replication, and XRAID automatic volume expansion. In addition, each unit showcases native encryption, enabling prosumer and business users to securely share, store, and protect sensitive data across their network. Every NAS device in the new ReadyNAS Series supports SATA (up to 4TB) and SSD drives. ReadyNAS 300 and 500 models include an eSATA expansion port for scaling capacity as the storage needs of a business grows (up to 84TB).

Pahnke added, "We want to give our customers productivity-enhancing, innovative, and entertaining ways to do more with their NAS than they ever thought possible. With this in mind, ReadyNAS devices feature a rich set of embedded apps in addition to the growing library of add-ons found in the genie+ marketplace (genie.netgear.com/)."

Launched last year, genie+ marketplace is a platform for third party developers to deliver exciting, new applications which can be installed on ReadyNAS boxes with a single click. The suite of new applications includes productivity tools, media sharing applications, and a variety of other useful apps. Along with the currently available apps, NETGEAR has over 600 developers registered to create additional apps supporting the products announced today. Among the 40+ applications available are the Polkast media sharing application that allows owners to enjoy all of the content stored on their device from their mobile devices, the QNext FB social cloud application that enables users to share any of their content with any Facebook friend without having to upload the content, and the Symform Cloud Backup application that enables free online cloud backup.

ReadyNAS continues to be compatible with all leading backup software providers, and is one of the first SMB NAS devices to feature real-time anti-virus protection, providing peace of mind knowing that sensitive data is automatically protected and secure from virtually any threat.

The new product line also features seamless cloud-like file synchronization with ReadyDROP and Dropbox integration. In addition, ReadyNAS Remote from NETGEAR enables you to easily access files from anywhere in the world on any web-connected device. NETGEAR is the first company to offer prosumers and small businesses the ability to back up Mac data from any location in the world, without paying a monthly fee for cloud storage.

Pricing and Availability
    Select models of the NETGEAR ReadyNAS 100 and 300 series are now available worldwide through reseller channels and a variety of e-commerce sites. The full line of new ReadyNAS models will be available in the second quarter of 2013 through authorized NETGEAR PowerSHIFT channel partners (Powershift Login) and other reseller channels and e-commerce sites.

Suggested US retail pricing for the ReadyNAS series is as follows:
    • ReadyNAS 100 Series, starting at $199.
    • ReadyNAS 300 Series, starting at $449.
    • ReadyNAS 2120, starting at $1,229.
    • ReadyNAS 500 Series, starting at $1,299.

btarunr, Sep 1, 2019
  4. ReadyNAS - Network Server BACKUP -What Important Info To Backup ????

Remove Backups Server essentials 2012R2

I would like to remove some old backups for devices listed in the windows server essentials 2012 R2 dashboard to free up hard drive space. Also would like to delete old backups from client computers no longer on the network.

What are the steps needed to accomplish this? I do not see an obvious way to do this in the devices tab of the dashboard.

Thank you

JeffSF_777, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

ReadyNAS - Network Server BACKUP -What Important Info To Backup ????

1. ReadyNAS - Network Server BACKUP -What Important Info To Backup ???? - Similar Threads - ReadyNAS Network Server

2. backup thru network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backup thru network: I am trying to create a system image and backup to a network drive. But I get the error 0x80070544 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-thru-network/5ee55349-cc29-4495-85ce-52d32c11ccd7
  3. server AD backup 2012 to server AD backup 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    server AD backup 2012 to server AD backup 2019: Dear all , I had server 2012 installed with active directly but unfortunately the HDD got corrupted but i have AD backup in folder named as NTDS. Now i have installed server 2019 on a new HDD .IS there any way i can restore my OLD AD backup folder "NTDS " to my new AD...
  4. Macrium Backups, An Important Lesson for Those Who Don't Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Backups, An Important Lesson for Those Who Don't Backup: Earlier today I wanted to add a PDF to my iPad. When I tried to drag and drop it into the Books section using iTunes, it wouldn't copy. Further, I noticed that I was unable to sync or backup any devices, nor could I see any of my previous device backups. Oh dear, not good....
  5. Macrium Backups, An Important Lesson for Those Who Don't Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Backups, An Important Lesson for Those Who Don't Backup: Earlier today I wanted to add a PDF to my iPad. When I tried to drag and drop it into the Books section using iTunes, it wouldn't copy. Further, I noticed that I was unable to sync or backup any devices, nor could I see any of my previous device backups. Oh dear, not good....
  6. windows server Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows server Backup: I have issue with windows server backup i can not set the differential backup system there is no option is not flashing as well as please guide with to get that.this is windows server2012 while it goes to full backup with only day backup means yesterday backup only its...
  7. WSUS Backup Server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WSUS Backup Server: Hi Guys, One of my customer wants Secondary Server for WSUS Server Similar to Secondary ( Backup ) Active Directory in case of Failure. Consider a scenario : There are two WSUS Server on same network One is active and other is Redundant(Cold Spare or Backup). Widows...
  8. backup to a network drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to a network drive: How to setup automatic backups to a network drive? From my laptop running Win 10 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-to-a-network-drive/1d5dbd64-d939-4b84-bb3b-b80505d0406f
  9. Server Backup....with a twist

Server Backup....with a twist: I am looking for a product I can install on my Server 2016 box at home that will backup two laptops and a tower....but store the backups on a NAS. Preferably free. I've been looking at Veeam and Vembu options, but it seems that they just get installed (fully) on each...
  10. robocopy backup of important files

robocopy backup of important files: hi, I have a standard Windows 10 build and I'm using y to backup my data to an external drive. The goal is just to capture all my data so if the PC fails/gets stolen etc. I can restore my data on to another PC. I'm doing a backup of c:\users\ as this seems to capture...