Windows 10: reagentc command - output not what I was expecting

Discus and support reagentc command - output not what I was expecting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I run reagentc /info, I get reagentc /info REAGENTC.EXE: A target Windows installation must be specified. If I specify a target then I get this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ztruker, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Ztruker Win User

reagentc command - output not what I was expecting

When I run reagentc /info, I get

reagentc /info
    REAGENTC.EXE: A target Windows installation must be specified.

If I specify a target then I get this:

reagentc /info /target c:\windows
    Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and system reset configuration
    Information:

Windows RE status: Disabled
    Windows RE location:
    Boot Configuration Data (BCD) identifier: 3b77bd07-e7cb-11e9-b6d5-cc1a1ad1e57d
    Recovery image location:
    Recovery image index: 0
    Custom image location:
    Custom image index: 0

REAGENTC.EXE: Operation Successful.

First, I shouldn't have to specify a target. 2nd, why is it disabled, it never was before, though I suspect I may have caused this by playing around trying to get Macrium Reflect as a bootable selection when I reboot. Been using BCDedit, UEFUedit, BootIce and Macrium so I may have caused this. If so, what is wrong and how do I fix it.

:)

Ztruker, Feb 15, 2020

2. LITTLE CONFUSIONS ABOUT REAGENTC COMMANDS

Hi RAJU.MSC,

REAgentC.exe is a tool that you can use to configure a Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) boot image and a push-button reset recovery image, and to administer recovery options and customizations.

For an in-depth assistance regarding your REAgentC command-line concern, we suggest that you post your query on the
    TechNet
    forum
    . This forum is a community that is mainly composed of IT professionals who can cater to the complexity of your concern. I am positive that you will be getting all the information that you need from our experts. Good luck.

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Gemzon Mar, Feb 15, 2020
  3. RAJU.MSC Win User
    LITTLE CONFUSIONS ABOUT REAGENTC COMMANDS

I saw the Microsoft website

REAgentC command-line options

i have doubts, about two commands, anyone can clear my doubts

Reagentc /setosimage /path R:\RecoveryImage /index 1 /target W:\Windows

Reagentc /setreimage /path T:\Recovery\WindowsRE /target W:\Windows

in first command , install.wim is in placed in R:\RecoveryImage\

in second command , winre.wim is in placed in
    T:\Recovery\WindowsRE\

i configured mylaptop with same commands , but i dont see reinstall option in recovery environment

Note builtin windows reset option is different and builtin reinstall option is also different,

and i am asking like a factory restore option, i want to enable the reinstallation option should be displayed in boot menu or in recovery environment

RAJU.MSC, Feb 15, 2020
  4. cseabrook Win User

ReagentC "operation failed: 32"

Hello.

What, exactly, does "operation failed: 32" mean when it comes from ReagentC?

Is their a published list of all of the ReagentC failure numbers, and what they mean or what triggers them?

cseabrook, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. reagentc command - output not what I was expecting - Similar Threads - reagentc command output

2. Reagentc / enable command is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reagentc / enable command is not working: There are no other recovery option than startup settings .So to fix it I tried typing reagentc / info which displayed RE status is disabled. I then enabled it . But to check whether it is enabled I typed reagentc / info again but still...
  3. Cmd.exe expected outputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cmd.exe expected outputs: When i start cmd.exe, i get the following Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.630] c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Active code page: 1252 C:\Users\user> See the above "Active code page: 1252" which is coming everywhere, including if i want to run...
  4. What is reagentc and its use?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is reagentc and its use?: What is reagentc and its use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-reagentc-and-its-use/1d7f88b4-03db-418b-88d0-3e7afb44ae62
  5. ReAgentC will not ENable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ReAgentC will not ENable: ISSUE: In Windows 10 Pro v1909 reagentc.exe cannot ENable from an elevated command prompt -- "The Windows RE image was not found." QUESTIONS: Does it even need to, per 18918 "Can't enable Windows Recovery Environment"? (or) Should I just follow the steps in 90923 "Enable...
  6. REagentC works badly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    REagentC works badly: I want to set up recovery image location for Windows to custom partion but REagentC went mad. 1. Query info C:\windows\system32>reagentc /info Windows Recovery Environment Windows RE and system reset configuration Information: Windows RE status: Disabled...
  7. Reagentc failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Reagentc failed: Shawn or other friend; in using MBR2GPT this am on a fresh install for which I used Win usb media - all of which went well, the conversion went well, but the edit to Reagentc failed. I thought, per the suggestion in the MBR2GPT.exe helps, to disable /enable but it all fails....
  8. What issues to expect?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What issues to expect?: I have Win10 Pro (in a VM) that hasn't been updated since last July and hasn't connected to the mothership since then either. If I decide to give it access to the Internet and run an update, what issues should I expect to have? Regards, 77034
  9. New Receiver & Speakers: What can I expect?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Receiver & Speakers: What can I expect?: I'll soon be getting a new receiver and speakers. They aren't computer speakers, but more meant for your standard audio equipment. The receiver has 4 HDMI Inputs and one HDMI Output. My current setup, my monitor has built-in speakers. I don't really use them, though. Not...
  10. Microsoft Build 2016: What to expect

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Build 2016: What to expect: Here's my watch list for Microsoft's Build 2016 developer conference, based on the session list, tips and hints. Now that Microsoft has published its session list for Build 2016, it's apparent that cloud and IoT are going to be the big themes this year. Microsoft's...