Windows 10: Reagentc failed

Discus and support Reagentc failed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Shawn or other friend; in using MBR2GPT this am on a fresh install for which I used Win usb media - all of which went well, the conversion went well,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cognus, Oct 30, 2019.

1. cognus Win User

Reagentc failed

Shawn or other friend; in using MBR2GPT this am on a fresh install for which I used Win usb media - all of which went well, the conversion went well, but the edit to Reagentc failed. I thought, per the suggestion in the MBR2GPT.exe helps, to disable /enable but it all fails. Suggestion?

paste:
    Code:
    :)

cognus, Oct 30, 2019
  2. cseabrook Win User

ReagentC "operation failed: 32"

Hello.

What, exactly, does "operation failed: 32" mean when it comes from ReagentC?

Is their a published list of all of the ReagentC failure numbers, and what they mean or what triggers them?

cseabrook, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Oct 30, 2019
  4. cseabrook Win User

Reagentc failed

Thank you, Eugene deV.

MeipoXu, over on the TechNet forums has answered the question.

ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION

32 (0x20)

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I assumed I would be running the RE from the disk, not from the drive, if I loaded it from the disk. If the disk loaded the RE from the drive, then I was attempting to lift a rock I was standing on.

cseabrook, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Reagentc failed

1. Reagentc failed - Similar Threads - Reagentc failed

2. Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11. I went down the checklist and enabled Secure boot as well as TPM 2.0 in my computers BIOS and tried updating it gave me the 0x80070643 error code. Realized this is related to reagentc and followed a tutorial online to enable it. It doesn't...
  3. Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11. I went down the checklist and enabled Secure boot as well as TPM 2.0 in my computers BIOS and tried updating it gave me the 0x80070643 error code. Realized this is related to reagentc and followed a tutorial online to enable it. It doesn't...
  4. Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Does SSD migration impact reagentc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does SSD migration impact reagentc?: Hello, My issue I have managed to resolve already but wanted some more information on where I may have gone wrong for future reference. I recently purchased a used gaming laptop which I then installed my previously purchased windows 11 pro on to. Soon there after I migrated...
  6. Does SSD migration impact reagentc?

Does SSD migration impact reagentc?: Hello, My issue I have managed to resolve already but wanted some more information on where I may have gone wrong for future reference. I recently purchased a used gaming laptop which I then installed my previously purchased windows 11 pro on to. Soon there after I migrated...
  7. Help with ReagentC and other issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with ReagentC and other issues: I'll try to keep this as condensed as I can. I ran my updates for windows 10 and ran into an error code 0x80070643. I then found an official Microsoft community forum fix...
  8. Help with ReagentC and other issues

Help with ReagentC and other issues: I'll try to keep this as condensed as I can. I ran my updates for windows 10 and ran into an error code 0x80070643. I then found an official Microsoft community forum fix...
  9. Help with ReagentC and other issues

10. How do you test the Windows RE partition, set with the reagentc /setreimage /path command?

How do you test the Windows RE partition, set with the reagentc /setreimage /path command?: I just copied all data from a prior 1TB HDD to a new 512GB SSD. Since the Windows RE partition was at the "end" of the 1 TB drive, I copied that partition separately, and reduced the size of C: from 800+GB to 300+ GB to fit the new drive.When I was done, I installed the 512GB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed to update ReAgent.xml

2. mbr2gpt: failed to update reagent.xml please try to manually disable and enable winre.

3. KB4528332

4. failed to update reagent,
  5. failed to update reagent.xml please try to manually disable and enable winre,
  6. mbr2gpt failed to update reagent.xml,
  7. failed to update reagent.xml mbr2gpt,
  8. mbr2gpt: failed to update reagent.xml,
  9. windows 10 reagentc,
  10. inaccessible boot device after mbr2gpt failed to update reagent.xml,
  11. reagent.xml,
  12. Failed to update ReAgent xml please try to manually disable and enable WinRE,
  13. reagent failed mbr2gpt,
  14. faile to update reagent.xml,
  15. MBR2GPT.EXE Failed to update ReAgent.xml