Windows 10: Reagentc failed

Discus and support Reagentc failed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Shawn or other friend; in using MBR2GPT this am on a fresh install for which I used Win usb media - all of which went well, the conversion went well,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cognus, Oct 30, 2019.

1. cognus Win User

Reagentc failed

Shawn or other friend; in using MBR2GPT this am on a fresh install for which I used Win usb media - all of which went well, the conversion went well, but the edit to Reagentc failed. I thought, per the suggestion in the MBR2GPT.exe helps, to disable /enable but it all fails. Suggestion?

paste:
    Code:
    :)

cognus, Oct 30, 2019
  2. cseabrook Win User

ReagentC "operation failed: 32"

Hello.

What, exactly, does "operation failed: 32" mean when it comes from ReagentC?

Is their a published list of all of the ReagentC failure numbers, and what they mean or what triggers them?

cseabrook, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Oct 30, 2019
  4. cseabrook Win User

Reagentc failed

Thank you, Eugene deV.

MeipoXu, over on the TechNet forums has answered the question.

ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION

32 (0x20)

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I assumed I would be running the RE from the disk, not from the drive, if I loaded it from the disk. If the disk loaded the RE from the drive, then I was attempting to lift a rock I was standing on.

cseabrook, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Reagentc failed

1. Reagentc failed - Similar Threads - Reagentc failed

2. Windows 10update restore fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10update restore fail: I have had numerous problems updating win 10 on my HP laptop. Yesterday it tried once again, failed after about 20%, and attempted to restore, which has always worked successfully. I walked away for half an hour, returned, and the pc was off. I turned it back on. The hp logo...
  3. Windows 10 Netflix app fails to download programs - error message, Netflix say it's device...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Netflix app fails to download programs - error message, Netflix say it's device...: As title says, I am trying to download a show to watch offline using Netflix app which I installed this morning. I can watch it when online but downloads fail every time. Error message with code DL1-W80072EE4. Netflix can't help they say. Apparently it's to do with device...
  4. Windows 10 1803 -> 1903 Update Fails Because of Realtek Bluetooth

Windows 10 1803 -> 1903 Update Fails Because of Realtek Bluetooth: Windows Version: Windows 10, version 1803 (OS Build 17134.1130) I've been trying to update from version 1803 to version 1903 through Windows Update, but when the installation is 25% complete, I get a popup informing me that my existing Realtek Bluetooth driver isn't...
  5. update KB4524570 fail

update KB4524570 fail: I've to install update KB4524570 and it keeps failing is there a solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-kb4524570-fail/f4e98485-eca6-4c43-b47e-b8b773a48de5
  6. Need update 1903 before 1909, 1903 failed in August, can't find it to upload

Need update 1903 before 1909, 1903 failed in August, can't find it to upload: So Windows tried to automatically update with 1909, but since 1903 failed (not sure when), it can't. I've read lots of questions/answers - tried to download a security update that was supposedly a prerequisite to 1903, but all options in the Microsoft update catalog said...
  7. Failed update, pc keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failed update, pc keeps restarting: Hey everyone I probably got the wrong reddit sub? sorry if that's the case. The thing is my computer stopped working a while ago or rather is stuck in an endless restating cycle. What happened is that the update for windows 10 1903 started unexpectedly ( I was still on 1890),...
  8. File explorer fails to run properly sometimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer fails to run properly sometimes: Hello, Since about 5-7 months ago, when I was returning to do my work, my lock screen didn't respond at all. I had to force shut down my device to restart the whole laptop. Then, about a couple of weeks ago, it happened again while I had tabs open, and the Start and some...
  9. Window 10 upgrade from 1903 to 1909 hangs and fails with code 0x800F08

Window 10 upgrade from 1903 to 1909 hangs and fails with code 0x800F08: My computer: HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF 10 GB of RAM Windows 10 Pro 64 bits 1903 (build 18362.476) Before upgrading I ran sfc /scannow which didn't find anything wrong. Shortly after the reboot I see the Windows logo and the dots are circling, but after a short time the...
  10. Reagentc disabled, and NO OPTIONS in ADVANCED Starup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reagentc disabled, and NO OPTIONS in ADVANCED Starup: Hello, I've fairly fresh install of Windows 10 PRO. I wanted to go to Safe Mode to check a few things, but this is what popped up after holding SHIFT when clicking on Restart Dropbox - W10.jpg Quite a shocker to me. Now, I've tried to solve it myself and got this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4528332

2. mbr2gpt failed to update reagent.xml

3. mbr2gpt Failed to update ReAgent.xml please try to manually disable and enable WinRE