Windows 10: ReAgentC will not ENable

Discus and support ReAgentC will not ENable in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; ISSUE: In Windows 10 Pro v1909 reagentc.exe cannot ENable from an elevated command prompt -- "The Windows RE image was not found." QUESTIONS: Does it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 7Natives, Feb 9, 2020.

1. 7Natives Win User

ReAgentC will not ENable

ISSUE:
    In Windows 10 Pro v1909 reagentc.exe cannot ENable from an elevated command prompt -- "The Windows RE image was not found."

QUESTIONS:
    1. Does it even need to, per 18918 "Can't enable Windows Recovery Environment"?
      (or)
    2. Should I just follow the steps in 90923 "Enable or Disable Windows Recovery Environment in Windows 10"?
    BACKGROUND:
    I am completing an upgrade-refresh-update cycle with a few identical systems. Right now there's trouble with the next-to-the-last step: updating MBR & BIOS to GPT & UEFI.

All systems were delivered using BIOS (TPM & Secure Boot disabled) with Windows 7 Pro x64 on MBR in Jan-2015 with 8GB RAM, 128GB SSDs, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Gigabit LAN NICS, USB 3 ports, and Win 8.1Pro licenses. All have functioned flawlessly. In 2018 I maximized their RAM to 16GB.

In mid-November 2019 I started doing in-place non-destructive refreshes with machine T-14: Win-7 > 10 v1803* > v190x. The MBR & BIOS were not updated, oops. B-12 (the problem device) was refreshed around December 10 the same way. In early Jan 2020 T-14 got an SSD upgrade to 1TB and the v1909 update, then in mid-January B-12 got the same.

Lastly my rig, G-13 got its new SSD before refreshing the OS to Win-10 and updating to v1909. Next, after many days and rabbit holes researching BIOS-to-UEFI updates, I both discovered my mistake *Banghead and was able to painlessly update the BIOS on my rig using the Recovery|Advanced startup|Troubleshoot|Advanced options|Command prompt|MBR2GPT /convert** to convert the MBR > GPT (thus avoiding the whole copy everything to B restore back to A nightmare), then shut off Legacy ROM & turn on full UEFI. It went very smoothly. *Party (Note: This was done within 2-weeks of refreshing the OS to Win-10 from Win-7***. )

Then I tried the same thing on B-12 and fell flat on my face, unable to get a command line option. B-12 had been refreshed to Win-10 from Win-7 over 7-weeks before and could no longer be rolled-back to Win-7. I suspect that is what caused this problem, notwithstanding my initial foul-up.

STEPS TAKEN:
    1. "Enable or Disable Windows Recovery Environment in Windows 10" seems to be a possibility but will it mess up some of the customizations already in place? Will it have issues using 32-b software? I have not tried that yet.
    2. "Can't enable Windows Recovery Environment" looked promising, but reagentc.exe presents the basic problem noted above.
    ALL DEVICE SPECS:
    • Dell Optiplex 9020 M built 01/2015
    • i7-4785T CPU @ 2.20GHz
    • 16GB RAM
    • Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB drive
    • Windows 10 Pro x64 v1909 build 18363.592
      • Successful in-place non-destructive refresh from Windows 7.1 Pro x64
    • B-12 device with issue:
      • OS refreshed mid-December, updated to v1909 on 1-19-2020
      • has Bluetooth peripherals
        • Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse
        • Logitech unifying Bluetooth receiver
        • (I don't know that this device needs this receiver as B-12 has built-in Bluetooth?)

* It may have been v1803, it was definitely 18-something
    ** Source: How to convert MBR to GPT drive to switch BIOS to UEFI on Windows 10 | Windows Central
    *** I did enable TPM but left it deactivated immediately discovering I was in over my head

:)

7Natives, Feb 9, 2020

2. Reagentc failed

Empty recovery image location string. Setting image path before winre enabling needed.
    perform these steps:

1. set drive letter to recovery partition
    2. reagentc /setreimage /path F:\Recovery\WindowsRE
    ...winre.wim registration (use proper drive letter)
    3. reagentc /enable
    ...winre activating
    4. remove drive letter from recovery partition

Can't enable Windows Recovery Environment

muchomurka, Feb 9, 2020
  3. cseabrook Win User
    ReagentC "operation failed: 32"

Hello.

What, exactly, does "operation failed: 32" mean when it comes from ReagentC?

Is their a published list of all of the ReagentC failure numbers, and what they mean or what triggers them?

cseabrook, Feb 9, 2020
  4. ReAgentC will not ENable

BitLocker won't enable on Windows 10 after update on Aug 9

Hi Brenda,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before I assist you I would like to know the information below,

• Do you have a Windows 10 copy of the operating system?

I suggest you check whether the Bit locker is ON or OFF using the steps below.

Can you verify if BitLocker is enabled or disabled on your device? You can Enable/disable BitLocker by going to Desktop and follow these steps:

• Swipe Right to Left to bring up the Charm.

• Choose Settings.

• Choose Control Panel.

• Select BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Verify whether BitLocker is on or off on each device.
    Also I suggest you to enable the WinRE so that you can enter the bit locker key and proceed.

When WinRE is disabled, you cannot enable BitLocker, and you receive an error message that resembles the following.

This PC doesn't support entering a BitLocker recovery password during startup. Ask your administrator to configure Windows Recovery Environment so that you can use BitLocker.

The solution would be to manually enable the windows recovery environment:

• Copying the winre.wim file from c:\windows\system32\recovery\ to a folder on a recovery partition. (The partition need to have a drive letter at this point.)

• Set the RE Image path. Example: reagentc /setreimage /path r:\recovery\windowsre

• Enable RE with command: reagentc /enable

• (You may remove the drive letter for the recovery partition after you have done this.)

• Bit locker will be enabled.
    If the issue still persists, suggest you to post your query on the below link.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831507(v=ws.11).aspx

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

ReAgentC will not ENable

1. ReAgentC will not ENable - Similar Threads - ReAgentC ENable

2. Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11. I went down the checklist and enabled Secure boot as well as TPM 2.0 in my computers BIOS and tried updating it gave me the 0x80070643 error code. Realized this is related to reagentc and followed a tutorial online to enable it. It doesn't...
  3. Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11. I went down the checklist and enabled Secure boot as well as TPM 2.0 in my computers BIOS and tried updating it gave me the 0x80070643 error code. Realized this is related to reagentc and followed a tutorial online to enable it. It doesn't...
  4. Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I can't enable ReagentC. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't enable ReagentC. Please help!: Hey all. I've had some trouble with Windows Updater, specifically with the WinRE update recently, where it can't be downloaded/installed.I've tried to troubleshoot this myself a bit, but I'm getting stuck here in CMD prompt:C:\windows\system32>reagentc /info Windows Recovery...
  6. I can't enable ReagentC. Please help!

I can't enable ReagentC. Please help!: Hey all. I've had some trouble with Windows Updater, specifically with the WinRE update recently, where it can't be downloaded/installed.I've tried to troubleshoot this myself a bit, but I'm getting stuck here in CMD prompt:C:\windows\system32>reagentc /info Windows Recovery...
  7. I can't enable ReagentC. Please help!

8. REAgentC does not let me enable Windows RE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REAgentC does not let me enable Windows RE: I have been attempting to factory reset my computer and thus have attempted to enable the Windows RE using REAgentC, more specifically running reagentc /enable. Whenever I do so, I get the following error message:REAGENTC.EXE: Operation failed: b7 REAGENTC.EXE: An error has...
  9. REAgentC does not let me enable Windows RE

REAgentC does not let me enable Windows RE: I have been attempting to factory reset my computer and thus have attempted to enable the Windows RE using REAgentC, more specifically running reagentc /enable. Whenever I do so, I get the following error message:REAGENTC.EXE: Operation failed: b7 REAGENTC.EXE: An error has...
  10. I want to reset my pc but reagentc /enable isnt working

I want to reset my pc but reagentc /enable isnt working: I want to reset my pc but there is no other option in the reset tab i tried using reagentc /enable but the following hapened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-reset-my-pc-but-reagentc-enable-isnt/7d998cff-ece8-4ca1-999b-0ce891c91505

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reagentc cannot enable

2. reagentc.exe: the windows re image was not found

3. cannot enable reagentc in win 10

4. reagentc will not enable