Windows 10: Real Stubborn, Un-Movable Mystery Drive Letter

Discus and support Real Stubborn, Un-Movable Mystery Drive Letter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win 10 Home, Version 19042.928 Ressurected and repaired a HP laptop, installed fresh copy of Win 10 Home. LT has two drives C: OS & D: storage. On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jaylob4, May 4, 2021.

1. Jaylob4 Win User

Real Stubborn, Un-Movable Mystery Drive Letter

Win 10 Home, Version 19042.928 Ressurected and repaired a HP laptop, installed fresh copy of Win 10 Home. LT has two drives C: OS & D: storage. On installing and checking OS installation, a drive letter appeared, E:, it's tiny in size, 99.2 mb, it's used for something but I cannot hide it. It doesn't affect anything, it is just there and bugging me, silly really but would like to make it go away. Tried many things and MS had a go and failed. Their conclusion was on installation of OS it created a drive letter for a hidden partition, ( possibly HP ), and was just a glitch but nothing they could do about it. I don't think I mind it being in the system so long as it is nothing nefarious, I would like to hide it, like to know what it contains too but that maybe pushing it None of the usual remedies have had an effect including those of MS. I can't see this drive letter in disk management. See images.

:)

Jaylob4, May 4, 2021
  2. Jaylob4 Win User

Did that, see images.
    Real Stubborn, Un-Movable Mystery Drive Letter [​IMG]

Jaylob4, May 4, 2021
  3. Jaylob4 Win User

Win 10 Home, Version 19042.928

Ressurected and repaired a HP laptop, installed fresh copy of Win 10 Home.

LT has two drives C: OS & D: storage.

On installing and checking OS installation, a drive letter appeared, E:, it's tiny in size, 99.2 mb, it's used for something but I cannot hide it.

It doesn't affect anything, it is just there and bugging me, silly really but would like to make it go away.

Tried many things and MS had a go and failed. Their conclusion was on installation of OS it created a drive letter for a hidden partition, ( possibly HP ), and was just a glitch but nothing they could do about it.

I don't think I mind it being in the system so long as it is nothing nefarious, I would like to hide it, like to know what it contains too but that maybe pushing it

None of the usual remedies have had an effect including those of MS.

I can't see this drive letter in disk management.

See images.

Jaylob4, May 4, 2021
  4. Real Stubborn, Un-Movable Mystery Drive Letter

The OP's drive E: should be the EFI system partition, which should not have a drive letter.
    The following is my EFI system partition, which has no drive letter.

Matthew Wai, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Real Stubborn, Un-Movable Mystery Drive Letter - Similar Threads - Real Stubborn Movable

2. One Drive Mysteries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Mysteries: Maybe its because I didn't get a good nights sleep, but I can't figure out how to insure a folder on my PC is also on OneDrive.I'm not even sure if I am using the correct language.I have a One Drive account. It shows up in File Explorer. I want to make sure all the documents...
  3. Mystery folder /drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery folder /drive: I went to create a restore point and seen this Folder/Drive. What is it and how do I get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mystery-folder-drive/6291c511-c9bd-49fc-a9a2-6e4818b60be3
  4. Mystery drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mystery drive: Available drives \\?\Volumes(22100F1af1f9-4a2d92. That is an extra drive that is showing. It shows protection settings off for also. And I noticed the shared PC account manager shows catastrophic failure. Can anyone help me out with this....
  5. Mysterious Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mysterious Drive: Installed Windows 10 Enterprise for my company. User logs in and when he open This PC he notices a mysterious drive (M) with a Blue Question mark over the drive. Right clicking on the drive and choosing properties reveals nothing but folder properties. A Google Search...
  6. Mysterious Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Drive: Installed Windows 10 Enterprise for my company. User logs in and when he open This PC he notices a mysterious drive (M) with a Blue Question mark over the drive. Right clicking on the drive and choosing properties reveals nothing but folder properties. A Google Search...
  7. ESP drive letter E mysteriously appears

ESP drive letter E mysteriously appears: I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I looked at my updates, doesn't appear that any went on recently, yet, today my computer rebooted itself, now I have a new drive letter. Any ideas? I can't access the drive....
  8. Mystery Hard drive

Mystery Hard drive: 1 TB hard drive had approximately 750 GB in use. Made an image of the 1 TB hard drive. Installed the image on a new 2 TB hard drive and now it shows only 488 GB in use. No, the new hard drive is not showing any compression being used. All programs, data, pictures and...
  9. Mystery Drive Appeared

Mystery Drive Appeared: I have a Local Disc drive appeared on my system, System(Z) 356 MB capacity, 85.5MB used space,Fat 32 file system,if I click on Hardware it shows a CD Rom drive,can anyone offer any advice? 48949
  10. Recovery Drive Mystery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recovery Drive Mystery: I prepared a large capacity USB flash drive formatted with NTFS ready to create a Recovery Drive. The first two attempts took a long time before reporting there was a problem. The third attempt also took a long time but everything looked like it had worked OK. However, when I...