Windows 10: Real Temp 3.70 auto run at startup.

Discus and support Real Temp 3.70 auto run at startup. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; You're basically using cmd.exe in the Program/script field to open an elevated command prompt to run the command below in the Add arguments field to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by boeingaviation, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Real Temp 3.70 auto run at startup.

You're basically using cmd.exe in the Program/script field to open an elevated command prompt to run the command below in the Add arguments field to open an elevated Realtemp.

/c start "Task Name" "Full path of .exe file for application"

Brink, Jan 24, 2017

2. Oh right I see.

So for the /c start "Task name" I would put task name as "Realtemp" and the full directory of Realtemp? Is that correct.

boeingaviation, Jan 25, 2017
  3. Great I will try that and let you know. So in program/script field I put cmd.exe and in arguments field I put the Realtemp and it's location.

Doesn't seem so hard now that I understand.

Do I still need to place the shortcut that's also in the tutorial into the startup folder?

4. Brink
    Brink New Member

That's correct. The location being that of the full path to the .exe file for Realtemp.

Yep, you'll need to place the elevated shortcut from the task into you Startup folder for it to be able to run elevated at startup.

Brink, Jan 25, 2017
  5. Thanks for your help.

Windows 7 was so much easier didn't have to create an elevated command prompt just had to put a shortcut into startup folder.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Actually, Windows 7 is the same way for elevated programs at startup.

Brink, Jan 25, 2017
  7. Well all I did for Windows 7 was create a shortcut of the main program and drop into the startup folder.

Didnt have to make this elevated command prompt. Don't know what's different. I've simply upgraded windows 10 from 7 using the upgrade option

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

The program may not have needed to run elevated at the time and would have been allowed to run at startup.

Brink, Jan 25, 2017
  9. Oh ok and since updating to windows 10 it does need to be elevated.

No problems I'm going go through the tutorial and ammend it so it does start automatically upon windows startup.

Thanks Brink you've been great.

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. Please let us know how it went. *Smile

Brink, Jan 25, 2017
  11. Hi Brink,

Have had the chance to test this out now with no Luck.

I think I'm getting mixed up On Step. 7 & 8?

On Step Number 7 I put the directory for "cmd.exe" in Windows under Program/Script.

In Arguments field I put "/c start "Realtemp" "C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\PC Utilities\RealTemp_370\RealTemp.exe".

I then went through the process of creating the shortcut, and placed in in both the User startup folder & the windows Startup folder.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I found a simpler way here to do it through the registry:

Windows 10 Startup programs not launching - Microsoft Community

Ideally I don't want to fiddle with the registry but as soon as I followed these steps boom I started right up upon restart.

Any advise to get it working the other way.

boeingaviation, Jan 28, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The method I mention will only work with an administrator account at startup.

Brink, Jan 28, 2017
  13. Real Temp 3.70 auto run at startup.

Hi Brink,

I am the only user on my PC. My account under Windows 7 was an Adin account so I just presumed with the upgrade it would have kept me as an admin.

One thing to note. When I started the PC cmd.exe flicked on the screen then off but Realtemp didn't open.

14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It sounds like it's trying to run, but something failed.

Go ahead and post screenshots showing all of your settings in Task Scheduler and the elevated shortcut's target in its properties page to see if anything stands out.

Brink, Jan 28, 2017
  15. Ok thanks Brink I will do that tomorrow as away from PC today.

Thank you for all your help thus far.

Thema:

1. Real Temp 3.70 auto run at startup. - Similar Threads - Real Temp auto

2. is auto run safe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is auto run safe: HiIs this safe to use also what is it telling meThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-auto-run-safe/8e19cc0f-1b79-4588-a483-6b5a6df36eba
  3. is auto run safe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is auto run safe: HiIs this safe to use also what is it telling meThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-auto-run-safe/8e19cc0f-1b79-4588-a483-6b5a6df36eba
  4. is auto run safe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?: When I was deleting the %temp% and prefetch folder contents, I noticed that Windows NEVER deletes temporary folders. I would like an auto %temp% and prefetch folder content deleter in the next update....
  6. Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?: When I was deleting the %temp% and prefetch folder contents, I noticed that Windows NEVER deletes temporary folders. I would like an auto %temp% and prefetch folder content deleter in the next update....
  7. Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?

8. %temp% not opening in run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    %temp% not opening in run: i already tried sfc /scannow it did not fix, it keeps asking me what app to open with https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-not-opening-in-run/3f293b8e-fcb2-4e3d-8411-7ba0358df10a
  9. %temp% not opening in run

%temp% not opening in run: i already tried sfc /scannow it did not fix, it keeps asking me what app to open with https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-not-opening-in-run/3f293b8e-fcb2-4e3d-8411-7ba0358df10a
  10. What Is auto run.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What Is auto run.: I have no Idea what Auto Run Is, and would like to know more about It. Is It safe to share? What do the colors mean? and Can It harm my computer In anyway? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-auto-run/9fc3404b-8d6e-4013-9a4b-a90b8445fb6e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtemp startup

2. realtemp to run at startup win 10

3. realtemp run at stratup win 10