Windows 10: Real Time file Scanning

Discus and support Real Time file Scanning in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, how do you turn off real time file scanning? Im trying to download CCS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by UchennaOguchukwu, May 4, 2020.

1. Real Time file Scanning

Hey guys, how do you turn off real time file scanning? Im trying to download CCS

:)

UchennaOguchukwu, May 4, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Defender will only do periodic scanning, no real time protection

Hello,

This issue may happen if other security software, such as antivirus, anti-spyware, or anti-malware programs, are fully or partially installed on the computer. Windows Defender automatically turns off if you install another antivirus app.

Let us uncheck security messages for Virus Protection and Spyware, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, then select Control Panel.
    • Click on Security and Maintenance.
    • Click the Change Security and Maintenance Settings.
    • Uncheck Spyware and unwanted software protection and Virus Protection.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the device for the changes to take effect.
    After the device restarted, make a full system scan using Windows defender.

To turn on real-time protection, do the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings.
    • Click on Update & Security > Windows Defender.
    • Turn on Real-time protection.

Update us on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, May 4, 2020
  3. real time protection

thanks for the suggestions. after I scanned and rebooted, the real time protection is on and working fine. thanks. Jk

JacobKottackal, May 4, 2020
  4. adonis08 Win User

Real Time file Scanning

Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I did all the step and delete the MsMpEng.exe but still it doesn't turn on Real Time Protection any suggestion please??

adonis08, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Real Time file Scanning

1. Real Time file Scanning - Similar Threads - Real file Scanning

2. Virus Protection scan runs real time for 7+ hours!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Protection scan runs real time for 7+ hours!!: Virus Protection scan runs real time for 7+ hours; scans 1.3million files; finishes at 03:17. Summary says "finished at 0034; scan lasted 2hr 42minwith 560914 files scanned". Any advice, please...
  3. Virus Protection scan runs real time for 7+ hours!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Protection scan runs real time for 7+ hours!!: Virus Protection scan runs real time for 7+ hours; scans 1.3million files; finishes at 03:17. Summary says "finished at 0034; scan lasted 2hr 42minwith 560914 files scanned". Any advice, please...
  4. Virus Protection scan runs real time for 7+ hours!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Problem with real time scanning and NTLite software.

Problem with real time scanning and NTLite software.: Hello, I have the following problem with windows defender real time scanning when this is turned on it make NTLite software slow to make A ISO file for windows. Any help would be great. Thanks Matthew...
  6. Does the defender real time scan extend to attached drives?

Does the defender real time scan extend to attached drives?: I would like to know whether Windows Defender's real time scan extends to usb attached storage devices like flash drives, HDDs and SSDs? If i transferred an infected file from a laptop HDD to USB drive and ii from USB drive to laptop HDD would Defender catch these...
  7. Big slowdown with Windows Defender real-time file scanning

Big slowdown with Windows Defender real-time file scanning: I'm a self-employed software developer in the US, using Windows 10 64-bit. I keep the OS updated with the latest patches. I have hundreds of thousands of small files on my PC, and last week suddenly noticed a huge performance hit, for example when archiving the files using...
  8. Should I leave real time anti virus scanning on?

Should I leave real time anti virus scanning on?: So the main antivirus software I use is McAfee SecurityCenter that I downloaded from att.net. I can choose to leave real-time virus scanning (where it scans a file every time I use it) on or turn it off. McAfee highly recommends leaving it on and gives me a big red warning...
  9. I Cannot Turn on McAfee Real time Scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Cannot Turn on McAfee Real time Scanning: I cannot Turn ON McAfee Real Time Scanning.......I paid for it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/i-cannot-turn-on-mcafee-real-time-scanning/58255216-53ef-492f-8a2a-cb4354b62d0f
  10. How to add exclusions only for real-time scanning

How to add exclusions only for real-time scanning: After using Avast for a long time I thought I would try Windows Defender out. One newbie question - how do I add exclusions for real-time scanning only or isn't this possible in Windows Defender? I have some areas where I don't want any real-time scanning for...