Windows 10: Real-time protection and Autometic sample submission

Discus and support Real-time protection and Autometic sample submission in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In earlier in my windows defender "virus and threat protection" said me "your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". then I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SadiHurayv, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Real-time protection and Autometic sample submission

In earlier in my windows defender "virus and threat protection" said me

"your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". then I run CMD as administrator and perform this command

[

"REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v DisableAntiSpyware"

Delete the registry value DisableAntiSpyware (Yes/No)? Y

The operation completed successfully.

]

Now though "virus and threat protection" is shown perfectly Real-time protection and Autometic sample submission 355ab1f7-a08d-45b5-b6ac-6bcd04f63a09?upload=true.png but in "virus and threat protection settings" it shows Real-time protection and Autometic sample submission ce55219b-cd7e-42c6-854c-5e5da129c295?upload=true.png

"Real-time protection" and "Automatic sample submission" is off. I can't turn it on. If you see closely you will see that it says "the settings is managed by your administrator". Now please help me with this to turn it ON.

:)

SadiHurayv, Nov 8, 2018
  2. adonis08 Win User

Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I did all the step and delete the MsMpEng.exe but still it doesn't turn on Real Time Protection any suggestion please??

adonis08, Nov 8, 2018
  3. adonis08 Win User
    Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I did all the step and delete the MsMpEng.exe but still it doesn't turn on Real Time Protection any suggestion please??

adonis08, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Rob Koch Win User

Real-time protection and Autometic sample submission

Windows Defender Automatic sample submission

It's not likely that your PC will need to submit entire files to Microsoft's servers very often, since in most cases the executable files that Defender would be concerned with would be digitally signed and so later copies could be verified via the file's
    signature data alone. This means that only the first PC to download such a file would need to actually upload and even then only if something about it seemed suspicious to the Defender monitoring components.

For less well known executable files from marginal software developers (think less popular games or similar programs) the potential need for upload goes up, but even then if the file's size, checksum and other data matched earlier samples from others, it
    still shouldn't be necessary. And remember, there still must be something questionable that Defender sensed about the file to make it of interest.

If you read the short paragraph for the Automatic sample submission setting, you'll note that it mentions you will be prompted if the file they need is likely to contain personal information. What this means is that Defender will prompt you with the file
    name, path and ask for your permission before sending any files such as documents or spreadsheets for example, while executables will typically be sent silently.

So overall, your risk to privacy is very low, though
    Microsoft's own Privacy Statement regarding Microsoft Security Essentials
    doesn't describe this in a comforting manner as you'll see in the excerpt I've copied further below. I assume there's an equivalent section to this for Defender embedded within the
    Windows 10 Privacy Statement as well, but I found this document more easily.

Unless you commonly download huge installer or other files that aren't signed and may contain questionable executable files which might peak Defender's interest, I typically wouldn't expect to see much if anything uploaded from most machines. Also note
    that Microsoft has paid more attention to metered Internet connections with Windows 10, though I don't know whether they've specifically tuned Defender to pay attention to this or not.

Rob

Automatic sample submission

What this feature does: The product contains functionality that may identify certain files as potentially unwanted and may request further information to make an assessment. As described below, this feature will automatically send such files
    without prompting you each time such an action is recommended.

Information collected, processed, or transmitted: This feature sends specific files from your PC that the product suspects might be potentially unwanted software. The report is used for further analysis. These reports may include information
    about the files or apps in question, such as file names, cryptographic hash, vendor, size, and date stamps. Reports might also include the actions that you applied when the product notified you that software was detected.

Sample submission reports may be automatically sent to Microsoft when the product detects software or changes to your PC by software that hasn’t been analyzed for risks yet when the following are enabled:

• Automatic sample submission

• MAPS
    Microsoft uses sample submission reports to help the product operate as intended—to help protect your computer against potential threats.

To help protect your privacy, reports that are sent to Microsoft are encrypted.

Use of information: Sample submission reports are used to improve Microsoft software and services. The reports might also be used for statistical or other testing or analytical purposes, and for generating definitions. Only Microsoft employees,
    contractors, partners, and vendors who have a business need to use the reports are provided access to them. Sample submission reports do not intentionally collect personal information. To the extent that sample submission reports collect any personal information,
    Microsoft does not use the information to identify you or contact you.

Choice and control: When you install the program for the first time, you will be automatically enrolled in this feature by default during setup. To opt-out you can uncheck the box next to “Turn on automatic sample submission” during setup,
    or you can opt-out later via the product settings. To turn this feature off, go to the "Settings" tab in the product, select “Advanced” on the left hand bar, and uncheck the box next to “Send file samples automatically when further analysis is required.” Automatic
    sample submissions operates when product has been enabled on your computer and you are enrolled in MAPS at a basic or advanced level.

During an upgrade, you may be asked if you want to turn automatic sample submission on. Microsoft will honor your settings until you make a change.

Rob Koch, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Real-time protection and Autometic sample submission

1. Real-time protection and Autometic sample submission - Similar Threads - Real protection Autometic

2. "Cloud-delivered protection" and "Automatic sample submission" are turning on, but there...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Cloud-delivered protection" and "Automatic sample submission" are turning on, but there...: When I go to "Protection options",the "Cloud-delivered protection" and "Automatic sample submission" are turning on, but there are Yellow Triangle Warning on "cloud-delivered protection" and "Automatic sample submission."Windows Security says that "Cloud-delivered protection...
  3. "Cloud-delivered protection" and "Automatic sample submission" are turning on, but there...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Cloud-delivered protection" and "Automatic sample submission" are turning on, but there...: When I go to "Protection options",the "Cloud-delivered protection" and "Automatic sample submission" are turning on, but there are Yellow Triangle Warning on "cloud-delivered protection" and "Automatic sample submission."Windows Security says that "Cloud-delivered protection...
  4. Cloud protection and automated sample submission settings.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cloud protection and automated sample submission settings.: Following Rob's advice, I have installed all the updates available today and the Virus and Threat protection's issues seems to have been resolved. However, as you can see from my screen shot, I cannot rid of the two yellow warnings. When I click dismiss and allow the system...
  5. automatic sample submission

in Windows 10 Customization
    automatic sample submission: hey. id like ti not have to "dismiss" automatic sample submission all the time.i have to dismiss is many times each week,sometimes several times a day. how can i get the "dissmissal" ti stick thanks.?...
  6. Automatic Sample submission

Automatic Sample submission: Hello, I am using Windows 10 64-bit version 2004. I have problemed in Windows 10: I cannot turn onAutomatic Sample submission. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-sample-submission/9558c44d-5bce-4d75-8590-a9c04b5e4659
  7. Automatic sample submission

Automatic sample submission: Do i need Automatic sample submission turnedon, on my laptop? it is currently off. i honestly don't even know how i came across it. [ATTACH]so i'm not closing out the window until i get an answer. I'm not computer savvy, so i'm trying to learn what to do and what not to do...
  8. Real Time Protection

Real Time Protection: How do I turn it off? it is making it so I cant play one of my games(terraria) as it is blocking the mod I use called TmodLoader, I have exempted terraria.exe from the windows defender and it still wont work I tried using a command in powershell run on administrator yet...
  9. Real time protection

Real time protection: real time protection is disabled although it is on in setting when I put it of and turn it on again, it says it is blocked by group policy. please help[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. real time protection

real time protection: could not run the real time protection, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/real-time-protection/bedcb5fd-b40b-4557-92a3-5b9d423d260e