Windows 10: Real-time protection not active

Discus and support Real-time protection not active in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Under Virus & threat protection settings, Windows Defender, the slider for real-time protection is grayed out. In red is the message: This setting is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rogercharles1, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Real-time protection not active

Under Virus & threat protection settings, Windows Defender, the slider for real-time protection is grayed out. In red is the message: This setting is managed by your administrator.

This is personal home PC.

How to do I fix it?

:)

rogercharles1, Oct 5, 2018
  2. adonis08 Win User

Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I did all the step and delete the MsMpEng.exe but still it doesn't turn on Real Time Protection any suggestion please??

adonis08, Oct 5, 2018
  3. adonis08 Win User
    Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I did all the step and delete the MsMpEng.exe but still it doesn't turn on Real Time Protection any suggestion please??

adonis08, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Jose Est Win User

Real-time protection not active

How do I turn off real -time protection?

Hi Rahul,

If you have Windows 10, you are getting the latest antivirus protection with Windows Defender. Windows Defender actively helps in protecting your PC from malware (malicious software), viruses, and security threats. Windows Defender uses real-time protection.

To turn Windows Defender real-time protection on or off, follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & Security.
    • Select Windows Defender, then turn Real-time protection
      on or off.
    If the on /off button is greyed out, refer to the answer of José Antonio
    Pontón Posada CEO on this thread for troubleshooting steps.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Jose Est, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Real-time protection not active

1. Real-time protection not active - Similar Threads - Real protection active

2. real-time protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    real-time protection: Hello there, Disabling real time protection is only temporary as we know and is referred to as snoozed state in the events log , is there a way to increase the time of the snooze through registry, group policy or something else ? ps : i know its not recommended to disable it...
  3. Real-Time Protection

Real-Time Protection: So I wanted to turn off my Real-Time Protection, however it won't turn off. Instead it flips back up immediately after turning it off. I've tried to view the group policy but the run app won't open it. I've tried editing it with RE but nothing works. I also have done a...
  4. cant active my real time protection

cant active my real time protection: sir cant on my real-time protection sir please solve my problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cant-active-my-real-time-protection/d042e3f5-e36d-45c7-96e0-a15b032e5a48
  5. Real Time Protection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Real Time Protection: How do I turn it off? it is making it so I cant play one of my games(terraria) as it is blocking the mod I use called TmodLoader, I have exempted terraria.exe from the windows defender and it still wont work I tried using a command in powershell run on administrator yet...
  6. Real Time Protection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Real Time Protection: Windows, why does your programs/developers continue to turn on real time protection every time I turn it off? My computer already has real time protection and cannot handle two (2) applications running real time protection simultaneously. Never fails every day I go in and...
  7. Real-time protection

Real-time protection: My pc has a red appearance saying real-time protection is turned off, but when i try to turn it on its failing to. I have checked my settings for windows defender where its showing that its on. What can I do?...
  8. Real time protection

Real time protection: real time protection is disabled although it is on in setting when I put it of and turn it on again, it says it is blocked by group policy. please help[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Defender: Real Time Protection:

Defender: Real Time Protection:: I just installed the latest Build of Windows 10 . I get this notification in yellow text This setting is managed by your Administrator above the real time protection on Off button and it has been turned on but greyed out. I am not able to disable it. Have scanned it with...
  10. real time protection

real time protection: could not run the real time protection, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/real-time-protection/bedcb5fd-b40b-4557-92a3-5b9d423d260e