Windows 10: Real-time Protection Prevents External HDD From Entering Sleep Mode

Discus and support Real-time Protection Prevents External HDD From Entering Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Pro 21H2 and I find myself having to disable 'Real-time Protection' in Windows Defender as it has been preventing my external HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LaffyDuck, Jan 19, 2022.

1. LaffyDuck Win User

Real-time Protection Prevents External HDD From Entering Sleep Mode

I am using Windows 10 Pro 21H2 and I find myself having to disable 'Real-time Protection' in Windows Defender as it has been preventing my external HDD from entering sleep mode for the last 2 years. I have reported my problem to Microsoft multiple times now, but it seems as if I'm the only one with this problem. I need the external HDD connected regularly, so disconnecting it from USB and power and reconnecting it each time is not a solution for me, and I'm obviously tired of constantly disabling Real-time Protection as well. So, I found an article on how to indefinitely disable Real-time

:)

LaffyDuck, Jan 19, 2022
  2. adonis08 Win User

Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I did all the step and delete the MsMpEng.exe but still it doesn't turn on Real Time Protection any suggestion please??

adonis08, Jan 19, 2022
  3. adonis08 Win User
    Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I did all the step and delete the MsMpEng.exe but still it doesn't turn on Real Time Protection any suggestion please??

adonis08, Jan 19, 2022
  4. Real-time Protection Prevents External HDD From Entering Sleep Mode

I can't turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you try to turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection from a Hidden Administrator account. To enable Hidden Administrator, the following are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type in net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.
    • Log out and log back in using the Administrator account.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

Real-time Protection Prevents External HDD From Entering Sleep Mode

1. Real-time Protection Prevents External HDD From Entering Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Real Protection Prevents

2. Update- Prevent external USB hard drive from entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Update- Prevent external USB hard drive from entering sleep mode: The recent Windows 10 update, prior to 6-23-23, has now created multiple USB "Power Management" tabs that need to opened and the boxes "unchecked" to allow Windows 10 to sleep.Prevent external USB hard drive from entering sleep mode - Microsoft Community...
  3. Update- Prevent external USB hard drive from entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update- Prevent external USB hard drive from entering sleep mode: The recent Windows 10 update, prior to 6-23-23, has now created multiple USB "Power Management" tabs that need to opened and the boxes "unchecked" to allow Windows 10 to sleep.Prevent external USB hard drive from entering sleep mode - Microsoft Community...
  4. Update- Prevent external USB hard drive from entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Conhost.exe Preventing computer from entering propper sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conhost.exe Preventing computer from entering propper sleep mode: Hello, I've had a problem for quite some time where when I click on sleep mode, instead of entering into sleep mode the computer instead just turns off the monitors.I ran "powercfg /requests" and it returnedDISPLAY:None.SYSTEM:[PROCESS]...
  6. Real-time Protection Prevents External HDD From Entering Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Real-time Protection Prevents External HDD From Entering Sleep Mode: I am using Windows 10 Pro 21H2 and I find myself having to disable 'Real-time Protection' in Windows Defender as it has been preventing my external HDD from entering sleep mode for the last 2 years. I have reported my problem to Microsoft multiple times now, but it seems as...
  7. Real-time Protection Prevents External HDD From Entering Sleep Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Real-time Protection Prevents External HDD From Entering Sleep Mode: I am using Windows 10 Pro 21H2 and I find myself having to disable 'Real-time Protection' in Windows Defender as it has been preventing my external HDD from entering sleep mode for the last 2 years. I have reported my problem to Microsoft multiple times now, but it seems as...
  8. Prevent external USB hard drive from entering sleep mode

Prevent external USB hard drive from entering sleep mode: Hi everyone. I found a couple of threads on this topic but they're both locked so I decided to start a new one here. The problem I had been experiencing was that my external USB hard drive would enter sleep/suspend mode after a few seconds, requiring several seconds to come...
  9. Errors preventing system from entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Errors preventing system from entering sleep mode: Errors Power Policy:802.11 Radio Power Policy is Maximum Performance On Battery The current power policy for 802.11-compatible wireless network adapters is not configured to use low-power modes. System Availability Requests:Execution Required Request The program has made a...
  10. How to prevent external HDD from going to sleep?

How to prevent external HDD from going to sleep?: I have four external hard disks connected to my laptop either directly or through a USB hub. I have searched the issue that I'm asking about, but I have not found a definitive answer. The most common solution appears to be to use a program to write a small file to each hard...