Windows 10: Real world maximum wifi transfer speeds?

Discus and support Real world maximum wifi transfer speeds? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A question out of curiosity, not need or a problem. It seems to be pretty well known that the fastest internet transfer speeds come through a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by khl, Jun 12, 2019.

1. KHL
    khl Win User

Real world maximum wifi transfer speeds?

A question out of curiosity, not need or a problem.
    It seems to be pretty well known that the fastest internet transfer speeds come through a connection using an ethernet cable, and for various reasons including signal processing overhead, a wifi connection can not reach wired connection speeds.

The question is how do you reach the fastest wifi speed? There appears to be a combination of wifi adapters, routers and routers which result in speed that approach the so-called claimed maximum rates which appear to be unattainable.
    Some say that wifi overhead will result in internet wireless speeds that can be no better than half of the wired transfer rates, but is this always the case?
    Does anyone really know the hardware and setting combination that leads to really fast wifi, or is this a mystery or a secret?

:)

2. cereberus Win User

Increase transfer speed of windows file transfer (SMB)

OP - this really will not help smb transfers to android devices. Android devices maxium wifi speed is normally limited to 72Mbps ie 8 MB/s. As with all speeds, that is the maximum theoretical burst speed and real world average speed is around 50-70% of that. Fast file transfer app reaches around 4-5 MB/s which is probably about as fast as you are ever going to get.

You can analyse your maximum wifi lan speed using

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/pzole...r-android/amp/

cereberus, Jun 12, 2019
  3. evildog1 Win User
    Increase transfer speed of windows file transfer (SMB)

I'm not always on pc all the time and this are more complicated. I like the way to get quick access to my PC drives without having to turn on/off whatever

Nah I have 5 GHz wifi and it's faster than you expected. SMB on my NAS works 2 times better than Windows. Since my NAS have an app that syncs my whole files between PC and NAS continuously, i'm using that method instead and access my files in my NAS without having to keep my pc on. much much better.

Problem solved Real world maximum wifi transfer speeds? :)

Real world maximum wifi transfer speeds? [​IMG]

evildog1, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Real world maximum wifi transfer speeds?

Slow File Transfer Speeds (WiFi)

Hi Ruz,

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked out all your suggestions, but nothing has so far improved the transfer speeds. To clarify the issue:

My requirement is to transfer files from my desktop PC to my laptop. The desktop is connected to the network with an Ethernet cable.

When connecting the SB2 to the network by Ethernet, the cable is connected to the laptop via an Ethernet > USB C connector, attaining transfer speeds of around 100 MB/sec. When connecting via WiFi, the transfer speeds drop to around 30 MB/sec, whether I
    am using the built-in WiFi adapter or the new, third party adapter.

By way of comparison, I am achieving transfer speeds of around 80 MB/sec when transferring to my 8-year old MacBook Pro via WiFi in the same environment.

According to various internet speed test utilities, I do not have any issues when uploading/downloading via Ethernet or WiFi, which give similar results.

To summarise, the only issues seems to be the file transfer speeds when using WiFi.

SkyriderUK, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Real world maximum wifi transfer speeds?

1. Real world maximum wifi transfer speeds? - Similar Threads - Real world maximum

2. Setting Mouse Speed Beyond Maximum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Mouse Speed Beyond Maximum: I had asked the following question on Microsoft Answers and Microsoft Learn but have not received a correct answer.Does anyone know what exactly needs to be changed in the system registry or some other settings in order to set the cursor speed mouse sensitivity beyond the...
  3. Setting Mouse Speed Beyond Maximum

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Mouse Speed Beyond Maximum: I had asked the following question on Microsoft Answers and Microsoft Learn but have not received a correct answer.Does anyone know what exactly needs to be changed in the system registry or some other settings in order to set the cursor speed mouse sensitivity beyond the...
  4. Setting Mouse Speed Beyond Maximum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Mouse Speed Beyond Maximum: Does anyone know what exactly needs to be changed in the system registry or some other settings in order to set the cursor speed mouse sensitivity beyond maximum? I have followed the suggestions in the following link, but the mouse speed did not change in Windows...
  5. Setting Mouse Speed Beyond Maximum

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Mouse Speed Beyond Maximum: Does anyone know what exactly needs to be changed in the system registry or some other settings in order to set the cursor speed mouse sensitivity beyond maximum? I have followed the suggestions in the following link, but the mouse speed did not change in Windows...
  6. What's the real speed of Bluetooth 5.1 file transfer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's the real speed of Bluetooth 5.1 file transfer?: Hi, I'm quite disappointed with the current Bluetooth speed I am getting for a zip file (sequential transfer) or any "large" file. My setup is as good as it can get, or pretty close to the best: - MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC: almost the latest Intel chipset paired with...
  7. Real-world weather static & Real-world weather update every 15 minutes DON'T WORK

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Real-world weather static & Real-world weather update every 15 minutes DON'T WORK: My Friend has Flight Simulator X an I just put his copy on my PC an Both Computer's are connected to the Internet an we keep getting this message " An error occurred while downloading Real-World Weather. Please check your Internet connection and configuration and try again."...
  8. Middle mouse scrolling maximum speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Middle mouse scrolling maximum speed: I'm doing a lot of Excel work at the moment so need to be able to scroll efficiently vertically and horizontally. I find the speed of the middle mouse hold scrolling really frustrating, since it goes very slow then immediately jumps to insanely fast and I'm down at row 20000....
  9. Real-world JavaScript performance in Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Real-world JavaScript performance in Chrome: The V8 JavaScript engine is a cornerstone of fast browsing in Chrome. Over the course of the past year, the V8 team has developed a new method for measuring performance against snapshots of real web pages. Using insights from real-world measurements, the V8 team improved the...
  10. BT claims to have achieved 'real world' broadband speeds of up to 1.4 Tbps

in Windows 10 News
    BT claims to have achieved 'real world' broadband speeds of up to 1.4 Tbps: How fast is your broadband connection? No matter how quick it may be, we doubt you recorded anything on Speedtest.net that's close to what BT claims to have achieved in a recent trail using an existing fiber connection that connected two locations about 80 miles apart. In...