Windows 10: Real-world practices to optimize Windows 10 update deployments

Discus and support Real-world practices to optimize Windows 10 update deployments in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Since the initial launch of Windows 10 in 2015, many of you have sought release-over-release efficiencies to ensure that the devices and users in your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Real-world practices to optimize Windows 10 update deployments

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...s/ba-p/1227825

:)

Brink, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

How does Windows Delivery Optimization detect the bandwidth available?

Hi Jason,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In the heart of the Windows kernel there is a networking stack. It contains a suite of algorithms that would determine the available bandwidth.

You can use the PowerShell cmdlets to monitor the delivery optimization.
    Get-DeliveryOptimizationStatusreturns a real-time snapshot of all current Delivery Optimization jobs. For more information, I would suggest you
    to refer to the article: Set up Delivery Optimization for Windows 10 updates

Additional info:

If you have further queries, I would suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals
    well equipped with the knowledge on Delivery Optimization.

Junaid_A, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows Update for Business & Windows Analytics: real-world experience

Source: Windows Update for Business Windows Analytics: a real-world experience - Microsoft Tech Community - 242417

Brink, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows Update for Business & Windows Analytics: real-world experience

Source: Windows Update for Business Windows Analytics: a real-world experience - Microsoft Tech Community - 242417

Brink, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Real-world practices to optimize Windows 10 update deployments - Similar Threads - Real world practices

2. Deploying a new version of Windows 10 in a remote world

in Windows 10 News
    Deploying a new version of Windows 10 in a remote world: Today's post offers provide practical, step-by-step guidance to help you move your existing devices to Windows 10, version 2004—the latest Windows 10 feature update—as quickly and seamlessly as possible. In the current remote-first work environment,...
  3. Optimize Windows 10 monthly update deployment for remote devices

in Windows 10 News
    Optimize Windows 10 monthly update deployment for remote devices: In this post, we will walk you through ways to optimize the delivery and deployment of Windows monthly quality updates (aka patches) to remote devices in your organization. We will offer specific recommendations on minimizing update size and bandwidth utilization, increasing...
  4. Real-world weather static & Real-world weather update every 15 minutes DON'T WORK

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Real-world weather static & Real-world weather update every 15 minutes DON'T WORK: My Friend has Flight Simulator X an I just put his copy on my PC an Both Computer's are connected to the Internet an we keep getting this message " An error occurred while downloading Real-World Weather. Please check your Internet connection and configuration and try again."...
  5. Microsoft Update Best Practices - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Update Best Practices - Windows 10: I have a classroom of 30 laptop computers running Windows 10. I am constantly having to run "Check for Updates" and "Check online for updates from Microsoft Update" to keep all my laptops running and updated. What are thebest practices to keep my laptops updated...
  6. Windows Update for Business & Windows Analytics: real-world experience

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update for Business & Windows Analytics: real-world experience: Over the past two months, we have shared insight into how Windows Update for Business leverages diagnostic data to monitor servicing channels and quickly address issues. We also provided suggested configuration guidance around setting up automatic updates, managing feature...
  7. No colored circle with Real World Cursor Editor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No colored circle with Real World Cursor Editor?: Using the app: Real World Cursor Editor (realworld cursor editor - Google Search), I have been trying to get a colored circle around my cursor. I am able to color the cursor and to establish a "hot point," after selecting "Circle," I can't get the circle to be colored....
  8. Win10 PERFECT WORLD--Optimal Environment?

Win10 PERFECT WORLD--Optimal Environment?: Ok, so I'm one of the lucky ones. Got the upgrade 12 hours early on the 28th, and unlike the last few Preview Builds, it installed without a hitch. So naturally I've spent the last week and a half royally screwing everything up! *Mad At this point it's so far gone that...
  9. Real-world JavaScript performance in Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Real-world JavaScript performance in Chrome: The V8 JavaScript engine is a cornerstone of fast browsing in Chrome. Over the course of the past year, the V8 team has developed a new method for measuring performance against snapshots of real web pages. Using insights from real-world measurements, the V8 team improved the...
  10. What's the Best practice in deploying Windows 10 to Surface Tablet ?

What's the Best practice in deploying Windows 10 to Surface Tablet ?: Team, Hi people, Can anyone here please let me know if I have created Windows 10 1511 golden image for Surface Pro 4 and other HP workstations with the below process: 1. Run the Surface Pro 4 and then update it to the latest using the Windows Update. 2. When all...