Windows 10: Realizing that an old laptop I have is working at slow ram bus speed

Discus and support Realizing that an old laptop I have is working at slow ram bus speed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have this old laptop I use for testing stuff that support DDR3 rams up to 1066 MHz , so I managed a while back to upgrade it from 3 GBs rams to 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Realizing that an old laptop I have is working at slow ram bus speed

So I have this old laptop I use for testing stuff that support DDR3 rams up to 1066 MHz , so I managed a while back to upgrade it from 3 GBs rams to 2 x 4 GBs rams that are labeled rather 1333 MHz but show in CPU-Z that its able to perform under various speeds and cycles below that .

Now i assumed all this time it had been working at 1066 MHz bus , however it turned out to be working at 800 MHz bus , and yes i double checked it through various specs checkers and windows .

so i went through the normal routes , re-updating bios , resetting to defaults , switching both sticks , praying , researching online , drawing pentagrams around the laptop , lighting candles but non worked .

so am i missing any other mean than the ones listed above to try ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Aug 28, 2019

2. Would rams with higher MHz bus than motherboard's overclock better ?

Well I thought the upper listing is all that matters mind you can be logically deduced from bus speeds but anyways lets cut to the chase :
    It's a i7 Lenovo laptop DDR3L that comes with 8 GBs of Samsung rams running on bus 1600MHz

nIGHTmAYOR, Aug 28, 2019
  3. How to speed up the laptop

i5 6th generation processor with 1 tb hdd and 8gb ram

whwn i start my laptop booting time is too slow and some times it taking more time to open a programme.

Iam unable to open MS WORD 2010

please suggest me how to speed up the laptop???

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

bharadwajt, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Realizing that an old laptop I have is working at slow ram bus speed

Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Hi Blair,

There are several factors that affect your internet speed. A few would be connection speed, network traffic, hardware capability, and type of connection. To help us identify what might be causing the slow internet speed on your laptop, allow me to ask the
    following information:

• How's your laptop connected to the network? Is it directly wired to the modem/router or wirelessly connected?
    • Were your other computers that were getting 100 Mbps download speed connected to the same network?
    • Were there other devices connected to the network while you tried to download?
    • Have you tried connecting your laptop to a different network? Did you get the same internet speed?

In the meantime, please run a speed test on your laptop. If the internet speed is slower that your internet package, then you may try to update the drivers of your network adapters to ensure that it's up-to-date. Please check out and follow the steps provided
    on this link: Update drivers in Windows 10.

If you're trying to download while your laptop is wirelessly connected to your network, then kindly check its wireless adapter speed by checking its Wireless Network Connection Status. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the wireless icon on your system tray, click Open Network & Internet settings, then click
      Wi-Fi.
    2. On the right pane, click Change adapter options.
    3. Right-click your Wireless Network Connection and click
      Status

Please take a screenshot of the status page and kindly include it on your reply.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Realizing that an old laptop I have is working at slow ram bus speed

1. Realizing that an old laptop I have is working at slow ram bus speed - Similar Threads - Realizing old laptop

2. If I use two seperate sets of Ram but still have the same speed will it slow down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I use two seperate sets of Ram but still have the same speed will it slow down?: Hi I'm looking to upgrade my computer's RAM and by doing some research it looks like I can with different sets of RAM as long as it's the same speed now the question is if I have a set 16 gigs of RAM two 8 gigs and I want to upgrade to a 32 RAM two 16 gigs but what I'm...
  3. If I use two seperate sets of Ram but still have the same speed will it slow down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I use two seperate sets of Ram but still have the same speed will it slow down?: Hi I'm looking to upgrade my computer's RAM and by doing some research it looks like I can with different sets of RAM as long as it's the same speed now the question is if I have a set 16 gigs of RAM two 8 gigs and I want to upgrade to a 32 RAM two 16 gigs but what I'm...
  4. High bus ram speed is it affect to how much the number of ram used and stored?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High bus ram speed is it affect to how much the number of ram used and stored?: Hi everyone, who read this post I have a question about between the bus speed ram and how much ram used for system. I hear my friend said: the higher the bus speed ram, the easier it is to overflow RAM maybe knew: ram will use much more and it's can be caused fully ram. Is it...
  5. High bus ram speed is it affect to how much the number of ram used and stored?

High bus ram speed is it affect to how much the number of ram used and stored?: Hi everyone, who read this post I have a question about between the bus speed ram and how much ram used for system. I hear my friend said: the higher the bus speed ram, the easier it is to overflow RAM maybe knew: ram will use much more and it's can be caused fully ram. Is it...
  6. High bus ram speed is it affect to how much the number of ram used and stored?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop sudden slow speed

Laptop sudden slow speed: I was playing video games yesterday and my frames suddenly dropped to around 50-60. I usually get 200+ in game. I quit the game and restarted it, however, I was unable to launch the game. I tried restarting my whole laptop and it didn't work. My whole computer operation...
  8. Laptop sudden slow speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop sudden slow speed: I was playing video games yesterday and my frames suddenly dropped to around 50-60. I usually get 200+ in game. I quit the game and restarted it, however, I was unable to launch the game. I tried restarting my whole laptop and it didn't work. My whole computer operation...
  9. RAM Speed Became Slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Speed Became Slow: I'm having a new problem with my ram. I have 1 8gb module. I had to open my case today to check and see if I have enough room for a new piece of hardware. I took the ram out of slot 1 and put it in slot 3 to measure, and then put it back. It was always in DIMM 1 ever since I...
  10. Ram not having the proper speed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ram not having the proper speed.: In windows 10 version 1809 OS bulid 17763.529 my ram speed is 2933 mhz but when I upgrade to the most recent OS version it went to 1467 mhz. So I went back to the original one and it goes back to 2933. I wanna know what the heck is going on?...