Windows 10: Really annoying auto compression in windows 10

Discus and support Really annoying auto compression in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My folders and all files are being auto compressed by windows at the moment. i only had about 15gb of space when this happened suddenly in the middle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by geko88, Dec 21, 2018.

1. geko88 Win User

Really annoying auto compression in windows 10

My folders and all files are being auto compressed by windows at the moment. i only had about 15gb of space when this happened suddenly in the middle of work. deleted a bunch of stuff and my space in now around 40gb, i removed some of the blue arrows on by unchecking compres folder. however now i cannot make a new flower or anything without it being immediately compressed by windows. with the two blue arrows appearing on the folder icon with the compression box tricked in properties for it. any way to fix this? its really annoying as i do not want any of my folders compressed. and this this did not happened before even when i was at low disk space. many thanks in advance to any solutions.

:)

geko88, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Really annoying auto compression in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Really annoying auto

2. Windows 11, Really annoying pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Really annoying pop-up: I recently had a problem accessing and old no longer used Outlook.com e-mail address.Now everytime I start Windows this Pop-Up appears.Followed by .....No understanding at all what this is about!!Can anyone suggest how to get rid of it, PLEASE !!...
  3. Windows 11, Really annoying pop-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, Really annoying pop-up: I recently had a problem accessing and old no longer used Outlook.com e-mail address.Now everytime I start Windows this Pop-Up appears.Followed by .....No understanding at all what this is about!!Can anyone suggest how to get rid of it, PLEASE !!...
  4. the auto loginfeature is very annoying

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the auto loginfeature is very annoying: So I'm a student that uses a platform from my school called 1link and we have all of our school links on that site but the thing is you have to log on thru Microsoft and Microsoft has this dumb auto-login feature where if someone else logs in on Microsoft their user gets...
  5. really annoying bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    really annoying bug: [ATTACH] So I've been using Win10 for about a year now and lately there's been this really annoying bug where on google pages, anywhere I click results in the little insertion line showing up. I can't find any information on this, and I wanna know if there's a fix for it....
  6. Microphone auto adjusts during school and it's really annoying to speak and it being too...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone auto adjusts during school and it's really annoying to speak and it being too...: Whenever I use google hangouts for meetings my microphone auto adjusts, it's very annoying of course so I'm wondering if there is any software or windows 10 option to just lock it in place. submitted by /u/VomPineapple [link] [comments]...
  7. Auto file compression setting on Windows 10 1803?

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto file compression setting on Windows 10 1803?: I was running my main drive down to around the 1.5GB mark and have been meaning to free up some space. To my surprise, I noticed it gained just under 1gb in space but I've disabled storage sense so thought it might have something to do with the pagefile or something....
  8. Files Auto-Compressing on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files Auto-Compressing on Desktop: Whenever I move/save (larger?) files onto my Desktop, double blue arrows appear in the upper right corner. Under the files' Properties > Advanced, the box "Compress contents to save disc space" is auto-checked. How do I stop files from auto-compressing on my Desktop? (The...
  9. Auto file compression in windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto file compression in windows: Hi, I noticed lots of folders and shortcuts having 2 blue arrows on the top right of the icon. This means the file is compressed in the properties. Every new file/folder I add automatically compresses and I don't want it to. I could see the file compressing for all the...
  10. Auto compression in Windows drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto compression in Windows drive: Hi, i noticed lots of folders and shortcuts having 2 blue arrows on the top right of the icon. This means the file is compressed in the properties. Every new file/folder i add automatically compresses and i don't want it to.I could see the file compressing for all the users...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. auto file compression

2. why is windows auto compressing all my stuff

3. remove auto compression in windows 10