Windows 10: Really big problem with scrolling

Discus and support Really big problem with scrolling in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In Windows 10, the right hand bar moving the screen up/down has partially stopped working. I cannot click and hold down the bar for rapidly moving the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StuB70, Nov 11, 2020.

1. StuB70 Win User

Really big problem with scrolling

In Windows 10, the right hand bar moving the screen up/down has partially stopped working. I cannot click and hold down the bar for rapidly moving the screen up/down any more. I can use the up/down arrow to move the screen up and down but it's pretty tiresome on a long screenful. I primarily use this when browsing. I normally use Brave. But all browsers I've tried, don't work properly except Firefox. Also. this sidebar still works in my email clients, Postbox and Mailbird. Selecting anything from a dropdown menu is also an impossibility.

Also. I don't know if it's my imagination or not. But when using File Explorer with a lot of folders open, which is normal for me. As soon as I put my cursor on the File Explorer display, it scrolls down the screen to the end, or until I move my cursor off of File Explorer. I don't recall 100% if that was the behavior before this happen. But my feeling is it wasn't doing that before. I had to actively click, hold down, and scroll up/down. IIRC. Also I cannot stop scrolling the screen so I can choose a folder farther down the screen. Which seems odd, also.

In a SpreadSheet, after loading, the spreadsheet automatically goes to cell AMJ1, and keeps going back there. Making spreadsheets impossible to use.

I usually keep any software, windows & apps, up to date when notified by the software.

I'm at a complete loss how to fix this.

:)

StuB70, Nov 11, 2020
  2. pedsto Win User

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    not scrolling

Hi Donna,

This may have occurred due to a mouse driver conflict or a hardware issue that caused this. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your mouse? Is it wired or wireless?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

On the other hand, we suggest that you check this
    article
    . Kindly perform the steps as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on scrolling.

Kindly get back to us further assistance.

Xylee Del, Nov 11, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Really big problem with scrolling - Similar Threads - Really big problem

2. big problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    big problem: Okay, so this is going to be a lot. i had a windows 7 home license but later i upgraded to windows 11 home from windows 10 HOME then i upgraded to windows 11 pro then i needed to activate windows i tried deleteing the windows.old folder but later it said more than 1 day later...
  3. big problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    big problem: Okay, so this is going to be a lot. i had a windows 7 home license but later i upgraded to windows 11 home from windows 10 HOME then i upgraded to windows 11 pro then i needed to activate windows i tried deleteing the windows.old folder but later it said more than 1 day later...
  4. One really big desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One really big desktop?: I just got these two beautiful bevel-less 27” monitors. 2560x1440 resolution. I got it in my head that if I turn them both vertical, side by side, I can have one 2880x2560 monitor. However what I want is for both monitors to act as a single desktop. Double click on a title...
  5. Big Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Big Problem: Welcome.I have cleared some data by shift + delete from C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local By mistake, I have some programs that do not work, such as Android Studio and AutoCAD Any solution?...
  6. Big Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Big Problem: Welcome.I have cleared some data by shift + delete from C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local By mistake, I have some programs that do not work, such as Android Studio and AutoCAD Any solution?...
  7. Big Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Big problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Big problem: Guys, i have a big problem I tried to install win 10 to an empty hardisk no windows installed, because C: directory was deleted. But a warning appeared "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart" with0xc000021 error code. I've read several articles, it is caused...
  9. a big problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a big problem: Not sure if this is the right place to post but yesterday i got the critical process died error randomly while playing games. I tried everything then went to reset my pc (with keep files) and now its stuck on 1%. What should i do? I really dont want to lose all my stuff as...
  10. BIG PROBLEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BIG PROBLEM: Hello... I just got a biiiiiig problem with my SSD, actually, yesterday i was streaming, and the computer stopped, after that, when it restarted, it started to have constantly refreshes, like 10 second pause between them. I was thinking it is an blinking error, so i searched...