Windows 10: Really dumb, username question...

Discus and support Really dumb, username question... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just did a fresh wipe on a laptop... Let's say the users microsoft account is "Frederick Uppington".... I don't recall the installer ever asking me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpaceChickenWing, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Really dumb, username question...

Just did a fresh wipe on a laptop...

Let's say the users microsoft account is "Frederick Uppington"....

I don't recall the installer ever asking me but now the /users/frederi/

...which is just kind of annoying, like it auto truncated or something.

Is there anyway to fix this to be something more uh plaintext like users/frederick/

Where did I miss the step of this anyway? Or is this automatically assigned by windows nowadays?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

submitted by /u/SpaceChickenWing
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SpaceChickenWing, Nov 19, 2020

2. Dumb Question Really dumb, username question... :)

Hi,

TazzTammy2, Nov 19, 2020
  3. cdawall Win User
    PSU question

well the Recom is not UL listed so i strongly suggest against that one the inter-tech SL700 also does not appear to be a UL listed unit...the only one that appears to be UL is the Nox Urano...are you sure these are the only 3 powersupplies to pick from none of them are really that great i don't really even want to suggest the Nox Urano

cdawall, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Really dumb, username question...

Dumb Question Really dumb, username question... :)

TazzTammy2 ... nothing is a dumb question. If you knew the answer you would not ask.....

So, take your device and call yourself .... it should get you into your mailbox where it will ask for your password you setup and then will play your messages.

You may also have a pre-defined contact on your device for voicemail or a SPEED DIAL that is already set for getting Voicemail.

If you never setup your voicemail then call your cell provider and they will guide you through it. I hope that helps...

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Really dumb, username question...

1. Really dumb, username question... - Similar Threads - Really dumb username

2. Dumb backup question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dumb backup question: I set up this backup see below a few years ago when I got my Windows 10 PC. I’m Backing these folders to an external drive weekly.Now, because of my aging memory, I’m wondering why I set it up that way.Isn’t the various C:\ folders redundant ?I mainly wanted to back up my...
  3. Dumb backup question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dumb backup question: I set up this backup see below a few years ago when I got my Windows 10 PC. I’m Backing these folders to an external drive weekly.Now, because of my aging memory, I’m wondering why I set it up that way.Isn’t the various C:\ folders redundant ?I mainly wanted to back up my...
  4. Dumb backup question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Dumb BitLocker Questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dumb BitLocker Questions: Hi, Probably really dumb question, but does resetting/reinstalling Windows 10 give you a new BitLocker recovery key? Guessing the answer is "Yes" because that is what I have done and now I have a different key, but just want to make sure that is the reason. If so, can my...
  6. Dumb BitLocker Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Dumb BitLocker Questions: Hi, Probably really dumb question, but does resetting/reinstalling Windows 10 give you a new BitLocker recovery key? Guessing the answer is "Yes" because that is what I have done and now I have a different key, but just want to make sure that is the reason. If so, can my...
  7. Ok, Dumb Question.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ok, Dumb Question.: So, ive been wanting to know the awnser to this for a very long time, it keeps me up at night. What I need to know is if its possible to take a bunch of 4 port usb hubs and plug them into eachother about 50 times and then plug usb sticks into the 3 other ports on each one...
  8. Sort of a dumb question (????)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sort of a dumb question (????): So I recently got a M2 ssd, I want to boot windows using it. Should I restart the entire pc and then install windows there or I can simply transfer it form my normal ssd that it is where it's currently installed? I feel like it would go wrong so that's why i'm asking. (By...
  9. Dumb question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dumb question: i want to install UltraUXthemepatcher, i know what windows ver i have but i don't know how to set that into ultrauxthemepatcher submitted by /u/Cubicalspy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3i55v/dumb_question/
  10. Maybe a Dumb Question.

in Windows 10 Support
    Maybe a Dumb Question.: But I will ask it anyway. If I update my Win 7 Pro to Windows 10 now, will I still be able to Dual Boot the upgraded Windows 10 with The TP? 8504