Windows 10: Really happy they added the ability to pin back again, but it would be great if that three...

Discus and support Really happy they added the ability to pin back again, but it would be great if that three... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/amritcrome [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/amritcrome, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Really happy they added the ability to pin back again, but it would be great if that three...

/u/amritcrome, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Ruz San Win User

Lost the ability to log into Windows 10 with PIN

Hi Przemyslaw,

Some system components may be missing or corrupted, causing the problem you are facing to occur. Before we can fully address this, please answer some things so we can understand this better:

• Did this start after updates were installed on the computer?
    • Does the same situation happen when you add a pin as your sign-in option in Windows Settings?

Since you have tried adding the option in Control Panel, let's see if there will be a difference when we do it in Windows Settings. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Add.

You can also try the suggestions posted by John Rubdy on this

page

Let us know if the steps above help you set up a PIN on your computer.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jan 22, 2021
  3. adding a pin is not working

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

As I understand you are adding PIN to Sign-in options.

• Are you able to open the websites?
    • Are you trying to add PIN for the first time?

It could be due to corrupt system files or missing updates or software changes.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

If the issue persists, then try to run SFC scan.

Scan for damaged system files. Right-click the Start icon and select
    Command Prompt (Admin). In the Command Prompt window, type
    sfc /scannow and hit Enter.

Then type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and hit Enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 22, 2021
  4. JayPhi Win User

Really happy they added the ability to pin back again, but it would be great if that three...

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Really happy they added the ability to pin back again, but it would be great if that three...

1. Really happy they added the ability to pin back again, but it would be great if that three... - Similar Threads - Really happy added

2. Going back to happiness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going back to happiness: Hi there, I want to roll back to w 10 i received my surface go 3 yesterday March 25 today March 26 I decided to go back but the option in my settings recovery does jot exists just not there at all,why?...
  3. Going back to happiness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Going back to happiness: Hi there, I want to roll back to w 10 i received my surface go 3 yesterday March 25 today March 26 I decided to go back but the option in my settings recovery does jot exists just not there at all,why?...
  4. I'm back I'm not happy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm back I'm not happy: The last time I came to write was because I had microphone problems like sound not being picked up, and cause was because I accidentally pulled out the wire. This time I already checked everything and even restarted. i'm tired of trying again over and over. Can someone please...
  5. I am having this issue is there a way to fix it? I would be really happy happy and thankful...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am having this issue is there a way to fix it? I would be really happy happy and thankful...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EpicHsyn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9pq09/i_am_having_this_issue_is_there_a_way_to_fix_it_i/
  6. Make Windows great again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make Windows great again?: Hey guys, the last version of Windows I used was XP. I’ve been using OSX and Linux ever since. Windows has improved significantly since and I am tempted to give it another shot. While it has improved in some areas, it seems like it has seriously regressed in others. Is...
  7. any help would be great

in Windows 10 Support
    any help would be great: my screen is flickering afther windows 10 needed an update and when i try restart + shit i click on troubleshoot theres no "reset your pc" or "advanced options" theres only "start-up settings" and when i click on it and try safe mode my screen still flickering/ only safe mode...
  8. Any Help would be greatly appreciated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any Help would be greatly appreciated: Help! Son has a window on his PC screen that will not close or move. Need to know if anyone knows what it is and or how to get rid of it? My guess is he accidently changed something in settings but I have no idea where to begin to look. lol [IMG]...
  9. Slow PC Any help would be great

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow PC Any help would be great: Hello to the Microsoft Community! Just a few months ago my old desktop gave out and I finally bit the bullet and purchased a brand new computer. However, as soon as it came home I did all the installing and updates etc. and things just didn't seem right, quite often it...
  10. Make Windows Calculator Great Again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make Windows Calculator Great Again: The Windows Calculator is pissing me off Why do you keep updating it? I liked it as it was 20 years ago. Can you make it great again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-windows-calculator-great-again/4120f4d0-e7c3-46dd-b957-77bdb456e8bb