Windows 10: really hard to connect to internet after updated the windows

Discus and support really hard to connect to internet after updated the windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am fairly new to computer build, I just built my PC 3 days ago(Jan 10th 2019). I will list some of my specs in case it needed CPU: Ryzen 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NaoNever, Jan 13, 2019.

1. NaoNever Win User

really hard to connect to internet after updated the windows

I am fairly new to computer build, I just built my PC 3 days ago(Jan 10th 2019).

I will list some of my specs in case it needed
    CPU: Ryzen 5 2400G(with integrated graphic vega 11)
    RAM: 8GB x 2 DDR4 RAM
    Mainboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH V2

So I installed windows 10, everything was fine except that I can't properly install the Radeon Driver(Driver for my CPU and my integrated GPU, there's an exclamation mark on the device manager), then I decided to check windows update, the problem solved and now I can properly install the drivers. Things get frustating after that, I can use my CPU but I can barely connect to anything(some websites can't be opened, Discord really slow to connect, I can't access my work), I can only access internet properly using Microsoft Edge.

I already revert back to older version(I prefer internet connection over a working driver without internet connection). Here's the update that has internet connection problem: Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3161102), Windows 10 Version 1507 for x64-based Systems (KB4022727). it's also updating the Windows Defender: Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.283.2849.0

Note: I have tried many different solution from the internet, such as turning off Windows Defender, resetting DNS, etc. and I also tried to further update the windows from that version, still has the same problem.

Thanks. do tell me if I posted in the wrong place or there's something wrong in my question. really hard to connect to internet after updated the windows :)

:)

NaoNever, Jan 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 13, 2019
  3. No Internet Connectivity after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the exact model of the laptop?
    • Which update caused this issue? Share the KB number.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Have you installed any third party security software?
    I would like to suggest try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Connect your PC directly to the Ethernet cable and check if you are able to receive Internet connectivity. If you are still unable to connect to the internet proceed to the next step.

Method 2: Refer to the article Fix network connection issues provided in the link below for more troubleshooting steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Techtu Win User

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile really hard to connect to internet after updated the windows :)

Techtu, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. really hard to connect to internet after updated the windows - Similar Threads - really hard connect

2. Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update: I tried to update Windows 10 and the update did not complete. Now I cannot get my Firefox browser to connect to the internet. How do I fix it?...
  3. Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update: I tried to update Windows 10 and the update did not complete. Now I cannot get my Firefox browser to connect to the internet. How do I fix it?...
  4. Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet connected, but not really

Internet connected, but not really: I'm connected to my wifi, it says connected, it says internet access, but if I try and use google chrome or steam or Firefox or anything, it says I have no internet connection. I've tried connecting to my hotspot on my phone instead, does the same thing. It works for 30...
  6. Internet connectivity is scrappy after windows update

Internet connectivity is scrappy after windows update: Hello Two weeks back I updated my windows and my internet connectivity via Wi-Fi is broken for some reason. The scenario is as follows when I am connected to Wi-Fi following happens 1. Microsoft store doesn't work, Windows update doesn't work 2. some sites are...
  7. Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update

Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update: I am somehow connecting to the wrong wired network when I connect to the surface doc. All network connections are wired properly to the correct ports, router, etc. It seem that I am connecting to a preferred wireless network, but the icon is showing a wired icon. I am not...
  8. No Internet Connectivity after Update

No Internet Connectivity after Update: Hi, I recently installed the 1903 update on my HP laptop. Afterward, I was unable to connect to the internet, even though sometimes it said I was connected. Did all the normal stuff and nothing worked. I have AT&T U-verse, and nothing else was affected. I rebooted the...
  9. Internet running really slowly after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet running really slowly after update: Hi, my internet has started running slowly after a windows 10 update. I am using Firefox. Anybody able to help with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-running-really-slowly-after-update/c86bcf98-05c0-4976-846f-4ae2657f5e5a
  10. Slow Internet Connection After Windows Update

Slow Internet Connection After Windows Update: Thanks in advance for the help! My internet speed is 500 Mbps. But after an update today, my download speed goes to 10 Mbps maximum, while upload speed is very decent. Please help with this....