Windows 10: really long booting time with SSD

Discus and support really long booting time with SSD in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i have an old Lenovo G40-45 swapped the boot drive with 128GB SSD, but the HDD is still used using caddy in the dvd slot running Windows 10 20H2 the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CroissanTz, May 20, 2021.

1. really long booting time with SSD

i have an old Lenovo G40-45 swapped the boot drive with 128GB SSD, but the HDD is still used using caddy in the dvd slot running Windows 10 20H2 the SSD used only for windows drive, all of my data (documents, games etc) stored in HDD using fast startup mode the boot time is below 5 seconds, but when i tried restart and turn off fast startup mode the boot time is almost 10 minutes with most of it in Lenovo screen with circling dot i disabled all startup apps on task manager but it seems doesn't resolved anything and it showed last bios times is 3.3 seconds, checked r/W speed of the SSD and HDD with crystaldiskmark and the result are normal the bios is uefi with legacy support, any idea what caused it?

:)

CroissanTz, May 20, 2021

2. SMSSInit causing long boot time in Windows 10 with SSD drive

I upgraded my Lenovo G770 laptop to Windows 10 a month ago and in the last few days I migrated my C drive to a Samsung Evo 850 SSD drive as previous boot times were becoming very annoying. I had thought moving onto the SSD drive would work wonders, but boot
    time is still horrible.

I've gone through various sites and forums and tried numerous suggested steps without any joy.

Found a very informative article on the event viewer so went through it's suggested steps. Which led me to a critical event ID 110 - below:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance
    Date: 9/27/2015 4:11:54 PM
    Event ID: 110
    Task Category: Boot Performance Monitoring
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: Event Log
    User: LOCAL SERVICE
    Computer: F1-Laptop
    Description:
    Session manager initialization caused a slow down in the startup process:
    Name :
    SMSSInit
    Total Time
    : 82915ms
    Degradation Time
    : 72915ms
    Incident Time (UTC)
    : ‎2015‎-‎09‎-‎27T15:08:45.868751200Z

Problem is, I've no idea what it's trying to do here and there are no further details given.

Any gurus out there can point me in the right direction or let me know what additional information I can give to help you identify the possible issue?

Many thanks in advance!

f1speedfreak, May 20, 2021
  3. SMSSInit causing long boot time in Windows 10 with SSD drive

Hi,

Video drivers are the most common reason for slow startup. however I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

Method 1: Install Graphics Card from Manufacturers Website.

Follow the steps to update the Graphics Card drivers:

• Press Windows key + X and click
      Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapter
    • Right-click on the Graphics card
      and select Uninstall.
    • Download Graphics Card driver from Manufacturer's Website.
    • Once the download is complete, run the setup file and install the driver.
    • Restart your system
    Method 2: Try Clean Boot

To disable all non-Microsoft services refer the article called Clean Boot.

Follow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

(Steps for Windows 8.1 are also applicable for Windows 10)

Note:After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 20, 2021
  4. really long booting time with SSD

Win 10 taking a really long time to boot

I have a Dell Inspiron 3531 with the Windows 10 free upgrade (Home edition) and an Intel Celeron N2830. Since a couple of days, my laptop is taking a really long time to start up.

After it powers on, there is a blank screen for 1-2 minutes before the Dell logo and loading circle appears. The loading screen doesn't take a long time and the logon screen comes up pretty quickly, but I'm just concerned about what is happening right after I press the power button. There is a blank screen for far too long (no cursor, ctrl-alt-del doesn't work, nothing.)

The Task Manager says the last BIOS time is anywhere from 60-90 seconds (I got different times throughout the last few days). I have updated all drivers and turned on Fast Startup. Any other suggestions/help would be much appreciated!

infinityring, May 20, 2021
Thema:

really long booting time with SSD

1. really long booting time with SSD - Similar Threads - really long booting

2. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  3. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  4. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop Takes A Long Time To Boot From The SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Takes A Long Time To Boot From The SSD: I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 20H2 and even though it boots from an SSD, it takes a long time to boot. After the Dell logo comes up, it stays like that for about a minute or two. Then, the spinning dots appear. I don't know why it takes so long for them to appear....
  6. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long boot time: Hey guys, how's it going? I've been experiencing huge performance issues when booting Windows on. My laptop used to boot-up in about <15s when it was brand new and it stayed this way until I've updated Windows Build. It came out of factory as ver. 1803, when I've updated it...
  7. Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long Boot or Long Login Times with ssd: For some reason when I boot from scratch I either get a black screen for over 30 seconds or it goes the the login screen and it takes forever to login. Hibernation doesn't have this problem. Cpu:Ryzen 5 3500u Model:HP 15-cw1068wm submitted by /u/gamingbro697 [link]...
  8. Long Boot Up Time

Long Boot Up Time: Help appreciated. Couple days ago, my PC took about 2 minutes or more to boot. Ran malware/Virus scans with no errors. After powering up, I notice that the Blue Windows Logo shows up twice on solid black background, with animated spinning dots (CW), then thereafter that goes...
  9. long boot times

long boot times: Whenever I reboot from the gui, or my computer reboots for any reason (updates/programs installs) my pc hangs at the BIOS screen for a long time and I have it set to show for only 2 seconds. [img] But when I cold boot or hard reset, its sub eight seconds. what do...
  10. Win 10 taking a really long time to boot

Win 10 taking a really long time to boot: I have a Dell Inspiron 3531 with the Windows 10 free upgrade (Home edition) and an Intel Celeron N2830. Since a couple of days, my laptop is taking a really long time to start up. After it powers on, there is a blank screen for 1-2 minutes before the Dell logo and loading...