Windows 10: Really long restart - Need help

Discus and support Really long restart - Need help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, I’ve been having a weird issue for quite some time now and haven’t been able to determine the root cause. When I click restart while in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-Abuser, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Really long restart - Need help

Hello all, I’ve been having a weird issue for quite some time now and haven’t been able to determine the root cause. When I click restart while in Windows it takes a very very long time to actually shutdown, it gets stuck on the restart screen. When I click shutdown it’s really fast and booting up is really fast. The only problem is when I click restart, it seems to hang for quite a while before actually shutting down to restart. I’ve disabled some services and uninstalled some programs I no longer use and haven’t been able to fix the issue. I was on 1903 and now I’m on 1909 and it’s still the same issue. Does anyone have tips on how to locate the root cause without wiping the drive?

Windows is installed to an SSD and fast boot is enabled and I’ll list my build below:

• i9-9900K
    • 32GB RAM
    • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro MOBO
    • GTX 1080ti
    submitted by /u/-Abuser
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-Abuser, Mar 2, 2020
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 2, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Terrypin Win User

Really long restart - Need help

Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

Really long restart - Need help [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

Really long restart - Need help [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Really long restart - Need help

1. Really long restart - Need help - Similar Threads - Really long restart

2. I really need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I really need help: Can anyone help me please I have been struggling with this laptop for over a year I can't turn on my wifi I even bought a USB modem hsdpa to be exact but when I put it in it's says no usim and says authenticating then disconnects can anyone help...
  3. I really need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I really need help: Can anyone help me please I have been struggling with this laptop for over a year I can't turn on my wifi I even bought a USB modem hsdpa to be exact but when I put it in it's says no usim and says authenticating then disconnects can anyone help...
  4. Newish PC random restarting and i really need help

Newish PC random restarting and i really need help: Hello everyone,I really need some help. I have only had my new computer for less than 12 months and recently i started experiencing:- Blue screen of death- Random restarting of PCAfter following alot of different fixes online, including both, file saved and complete...
  5. Newish PC random restarting and i really need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newish PC random restarting and i really need help: Hello everyone,I really need some help. I have only had my new computer for less than 12 months and recently i started experiencing:- Blue screen of death- Random restarting of PCAfter following alot of different fixes online, including both, file saved and complete...
  6. Newish PC random restarting and i really need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Really need a help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really need a help: Hi, I'm having a problem. I can't run almost any files or run as administrator, it says this request is not supported.And a few days ago, this problem started about a few weeks ago I couldn't launch the setting too.I was trying to fix this because I wanted to play a video...
  8. Really need a help

Really need a help: Hi, I'm having a problem. I can't run almost any files or run as administrator, it says this request is not supported.And a few days ago, this problem started about a few weeks ago I couldn't launch the setting too.I was trying to fix this because I wanted to play a video...
  9. I really need help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I really need help!: Hi everyone, i recently started my laptop and it said that EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD Is missing or contains errors. I even tried to boot from usb but that thing still pops up and when i try to boot from CD, my computer restarts and...
  10. I really really really need help with this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I really really really need help with this: Hey i accidentally switched to a microsoft account instead of local on my laptop (windows 10, im pretty sure its the latest version) and just so happened to turn off my computer some time afterwards but i dont remember my microsoft password, it shows the reset password option...