Windows 10: Really need advice on uniquely compromised account.

Discus and support Really need advice on uniquely compromised account. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received an email from Microsoft that the account associated my email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** had been compromised... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MackeyJoans, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Really need advice on uniquely compromised account.

I received an email from Microsoft that the account associated my email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** had been compromised because of password changes etc. Unfortunately since this wasn't my main account I used different variations of my name and Birthday etc so when filling out the info for the account recovery the automated system will not approve me.

What I would normally do with any other provider is just reset the password through the original email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** or prove I still have control of that email, which I do. But for some reason the account recovery process is assuming that my original email address is compromised and is forcing me to use a secondary email account.

It is just crazy that I am sitting here with full access to the primary email for the account but no processes I can find for account recovery include any correspondence with it.

Can anyone shed any light on how to remedy this? It is an older account but an important one because I think it is the one I used to set up Windows 10 on my laptop and I don't know how much this might compromises any of the info on my laptop.

:)

MackeyJoans, Feb 25, 2020
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Tsw88 Win User
    is our voice really *unique??

Recently there are a lot of emails from my bank suggesting me to click to
    upgrade my phone banking security by providing them my voice, then
    the next time my voice can be used to access my phone banking service
    more quickly. The emails are really from my bank.

I'd like to know if our voice is really unique and can act as fingerprint?
    Can't two people in the world have the same voice? What is the parameter
    of our voice that makes us unique? Frequency ? Or is it only an "improved" security to avoid fraud only, instead of bullet proof

Tsw88, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Really need advice on uniquely compromised account.

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Really need advice on uniquely compromised account.

1. Really need advice on uniquely compromised account. - Similar Threads - Really need advice

2. Compromised Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compromised Account: The account I am currently using was compromised 5 to 6 days ago by a Russian e-mail. I have taken the steps to get the account back and change the password. My concern is WHY is there a 30 day waiting period to get their e-mail removed from an account that I proved is mine?...
  3. Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.: Does anyone have any advice to help me find devices that are being used to see my online activity? I have tried the basics, but I can't get these individuals to stop using what I'm doing as an opportunity to harm me....
  4. Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.: Does anyone have any advice to help me find devices that are being used to see my online activity? I have tried the basics, but I can't get these individuals to stop using what I'm doing as an opportunity to harm me....
  5. Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.

6. compromised account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    compromised account: a new phone number was added to my account that wasnt mine. now everytime i try to change any info ie pass words i am asked to enter a code from that number. i requested a security info update and was told it takes 30 days. this date keeps changing and the last request was...
  7. compromised account

compromised account: a new phone number was added to my account that wasnt mine. now everytime i try to change any info ie pass words i am asked to enter a code from that number. i requested a security info update and was told it takes 30 days. this date keeps changing and the last request was...
  8. Account compromised

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account compromised: I keep receiving e-mails from Microsoft with codes to change my password, but I didn't ask for it. So, I searched if there was someone trying to access my account. There's tries from United States, Poland, South Africa. Bruh, wat? Is there some way to block it? I tried many...
  9. Account compromised.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account compromised.: So today I got onto my PC to find that my account gamertag changed and some random xbox I do not own was playing and installing games with my account. I changed my password and my email but they persisted to play on my account and download my games. How do I get this person...
  10. is our voice really *unique??

in Windows 10 Support
    is our voice really *unique??: Recently there are a lot of emails from my bank suggesting me to click to upgrade my phone banking security by providing them my voice, then the next time my voice can be used to access my phone banking service more quickly. The emails are really from my bank. I'd like to...