Windows 10: Really odd BSODs

Discus and support Really odd BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! Here's the problem. I turn on my machine and leave it for let's say 30 minutes and it will crash. A BSOD crash. To prevent that from happening is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Win10Sweden, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Really odd BSODs

Hi!

Here's the problem.
    I turn on my machine and leave it for let's say 30 minutes and it will crash. A BSOD crash.
    To prevent that from happening is very easy. I just reboot the PC. After that it will work just fine. So I have been accustomed to turn it on, log in, wait for the desktop and then reboot.
    Sometimes i forget to reboot and just leave it and it will get a BSOD.

No new hardware. No new software. I am pretty conservative when it comes to the adding of stuff.

If I look into the dump file it says that the crash was probably caused by "Geunine Intel". Maybe that is true, but what I don't understand is why a reboot eliminates the problem.

Ok, so today I decided to sit at my desk and work and wait for the crash. I was using Word, Firefox was also running, nothing else. Suddenly my Logitech mouse started behaving erattically and my Logitech Keyboard started to flash (light suddenly turns on and goes off etc). I can also hear that the CPU fan starts to run faster. Not a maximal speed, but faster. And then: BANG!
    BSOD.

Anybody?

:)

Win10Sweden, Nov 11, 2018

2. IRQ memory BSODS, device manager, memory range?

The only time I've seen that type of BSOD for myself is when I fried the PCI-e slots on my Striker 2 board... There wasn't anything that I could do, try and rma and go on.. I would suggest the steps that MilkyWay has said.. But, if you really don't know much about Bios's... I wouldn't play with Irq's... That can mess up everything on your board. USB, ethernet, ram, chip... But, that's just me on playing with irq's... To much of a hassle IMHO..

Cold Storm, Nov 11, 2018
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. cadaveca Win User

Really odd BSODs

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Really odd BSODs :p

cadaveca, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Really odd BSODs

1. Really odd BSODs - Similar Threads - Really odd BSODs

2. windows should really let us change the color of the menu bar ! cause it looks really odd...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows should really let us change the color of the menu bar ! cause it looks really odd...: that white menu bar really annoys ! prefer the black look on mac os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-should-really-let-us-change-the-color-of/b26a8071-28d7-4eec-9d7f-011a64ffc9cb
  3. windows should really let us change the color of the menu bar ! cause it looks really odd...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows should really let us change the color of the menu bar ! cause it looks really odd...: that white menu bar really annoys ! prefer the black look on mac os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-should-really-let-us-change-the-color-of/b26a8071-28d7-4eec-9d7f-011a64ffc9cb
  4. help with BSOD, Would really apricate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    help with BSOD, Would really apricate: Hello,In the last month my computer has been randomly getting different BSOD errors and I just can't seem to figure out how to fix them. I've tried resetting windows which hasn't helped and i've run scf scans and done memory test which all pass and run driver checking...
  5. Really hoping for help with BSOD issues

Really hoping for help with BSOD issues: I recently build my new PC and I've been plagued with a few different BSOD's. I've tried googling and tried fixing on my own and nothing seems to be working. I'm getting them when I load into a game of DOTA 2 or after a bit of time while watching youtube. The most recent dump...
  6. Recurring BSOD at Odd Intervals

Recurring BSOD at Odd Intervals: For a couple of months now I've been getting a BSOD that seems to come and go but it has thwarted all of my attempts to figure out what's causing it. As best as I can describe it: I get either System_Service_Exception or Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled with more of the former...
  7. Odd BSOD error issue

Odd BSOD error issue: My pc will freeze and require a hard reset if I play Medal of Honor Allied Assault. So far it has not frozen on any other games yet but I have only played a few, for example it will not have any issues running crysis on max settings. It will often freeze and repeat a audio...
  8. Really odd problem with synaptics touchpad buttons (W10 Home, Yoga)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Really odd problem with synaptics touchpad buttons (W10 Home, Yoga): Hi all I'll try to be brief. My Son has a Lenovo Yoga 500 with a Synaptics Touchpad. I have an Administrator account on the machine, he has a standard user. Windows 10 Home. The particular model of touchpad we have can be pushed down on **anywhere** to affect a...
  9. Odd BSOD behaviour

Odd BSOD behaviour: Hello everyone, and I hope you are all doing well. My laptop has recently been subjected to a few BSODs. The first one was about a few weeks ago. The BSODs typically involved the screen going a pink fuzzy texture (graphics messing up), and restarting. It started showing...
  10. Really odd behavior when it comes to accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Really odd behavior when it comes to accounts: Ever since I did a fresh install of the Anniversary Update (after WU's attempt to install it ended fantastically awfulbad), I've had issues with keeping accounts logged in, in both browsers and in apps. With Chrome, I am finding that I am constantly being logged out of sites...