Windows 10: Really slow update on a newly installed Windows 10

Discus and support Really slow update on a newly installed Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, After I installed my Windows 10 and connected to the internet, I downloaded Driver Easy to help update all the drivers. All the drivers had been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MatthausTsoi, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Really slow update on a newly installed Windows 10

Hi,

After I installed my Windows 10 and connected to the internet, I downloaded Driver Easy to help update all the drivers. All the drivers had been successfully updated except the one for my GTX 1070. I downloaded the file straight from MSI(my GPU is from MSI) and NVIDIA but both said that my version of Windows were not compatible. I search online and they told me to update windows 10 so I went to see the updates. I waited half a day for the update to reach 3%. I uninstalled the graphics driver using a tool called DDU and did a clean wipe then used the driver updater from NVIDIA to attempt the update again. But once again, it says my windows were not compatible. I went to check on the update again and once again it was very very slow. I completely reinstalled the windows 10 however it still does not work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could solve this problem please?

Thanks,

Matthaus Tsoi

:)

MatthausTsoi, Apr 9, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Apr 10, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 10, 2019
  4. jds21 Win User

Really slow update on a newly installed Windows 10

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Really slow update on a newly installed Windows 10

1. Really slow update on a newly installed Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Really slow update

2. windows update newly installed windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update newly installed windows 10 pro: Just installed windows 10 pro version 1511, got updated but only for version 1511, no updates for newer versionrun sfc /scannow, no errorsdrive c: has ample disk storageit does not download updates for newer version, looks like got stuck with version 1511Your help will be...
  3. Windows 10 20H2 Update download really slow. Crawling....

Windows 10 20H2 Update download really slow. Crawling....: Hi TeamI upgraded a second laptop of mine to Windows 10 20H2 from Windows 7. Everything works fine except that its download speed for any update from microsoft even for defender is super slow. It will either time out or download but at roughly 60-120kbps only or less. On my...
  4. Windows upgrades are really slow

Windows upgrades are really slow: Why the Windows upgrade process without download time from 1909 to 2004 takes more than 4 hours to be applied where on the same machine with Manjaro KDE the upgrade process withotu download time of the whole system with its all installed apps takes less than 6min ?...
  5. Explorer really slow - windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer really slow - windows 10: I am having an odd issue. Opening windows explorer takes several minutes. Even if I just try to save something in an application. I'm at a loss. Things I've tried: Rebuilding the index Unpinning everything from quick access Running these commands in powershell: DISM...
  6. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  7. Windows 10 1809 really slow after update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 1809 really slow after update: Hello everyone, i recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 1809 x64, because, after upgrading, i was having very weird problems (MSI afterburner not giving me the option to monitor my cpu temps/speed, really sluggish, really long boots time, etc) I have a Seagate...
  8. Really Slow Response Since Updating

Really Slow Response Since Updating: My system has been a flyer from the very first install of Windows 10 Pro when it originally came out (the free year). It would update automatically (very annoying notices...usually when I'm in the middle of something). Due to being annoying and I wanting to control it, I...
  9. Windows 10 acting really slow

Windows 10 acting really slow: Hey guys, When I come to start to use my computer I load up into windows 10 and it seems to be laggy and slow, taking even the simplest apps ages to load and I'm insure why as it was working last night when I used it last Any help is appreciated Thanks 10982
  10. Windows 10 newly installed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 newly installed: Thank you for accepting me to this forum. When I purchased my new PC and had upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1, I was strongly advised to make a back up on data stick. I have searched loads of instructions on the net but cannot figure it out. I am fairly computer literate on Office...