Windows 10: Really strange issue: Pressing "A" on my Xbox One controller opens Chrome to a Windows...

Discus and support Really strange issue: Pressing "A" on my Xbox One controller opens Chrome to a Windows... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title... Basically, every time I jump while playing Halo, a Chrome tab opens on my second monitor, always to the same support page. It's super... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/markaamorossi, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Really strange issue: Pressing "A" on my Xbox One controller opens Chrome to a Windows...

Title...

Basically, every time I jump while playing Halo, a Chrome tab opens on my second monitor, always to the same support page. It's super frustrating, and it just started happening. I have no idea what I did to bind that button specifically to that support page, but it's annoying as hell.

I'm using the controller via wired USB connection

submitted by /u/markaamorossi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/markaamorossi, Oct 24, 2020

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Really strange issue: Pressing "A" on my Xbox One controller opens Chrome to a Windows...

Xbox One controller working wrong

Hi,

The issue may be related to the incompatible Xbox one controller drivers.

Please try the steps below and see if it helps:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.
    • In the Device Manager, go to > Human Interface Devices > Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class .
    • If you notice a yellow exclamation, double-click on the Xbox One Controller and go to the Driver tab, click on Update.
    • If the driver is already updated, uninstall the driver and then reinstall it.
    I would also suggest you check if the game is compatible with Windows 10.

If this doesn't help correct your issue, please contact the Xbox Support.

Xbox Forums

Results in Xbox - Microsoft Community

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Really strange issue: Pressing "A" on my Xbox One controller opens Chrome to a Windows...

1. Really strange issue: Pressing "A" on my Xbox One controller opens Chrome to a Windows... - Similar Threads - Really strange issue

2. Xbox One Controller issues on PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox One Controller issues on PC: So, my xbox one controller keeps disconnecting and causing issues during COD:MW. It ONLY happens on this game. I've tried RDR2 and GTAV and it doesn't do this. I'll be playing the game and after a few minutes, the screen will lag a bunch and the screen will say "controller...
  3. Strange connectivity issue with Xbox Controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange connectivity issue with Xbox Controller: Hi all, hopefully it's okay to post my question here I've got a really strange issue on my PC where my Xbox one controller isn't recognised by the front IO. When I connect via micro-USB it doesn't light up and if I press the xbox button it starts flashing white but no...
  4. Xbox one controller issues

Xbox one controller issues: Hello, I am writing this, because I have an issue that I have spent hours trying to fix. My Xbox one controller is recognized by windows, but will not work in any apps (I want to use it in my web browser/steam). Anyone know how I can fix it? Heres what ive tried:...
  5. Xbox controller opens 'Language packs for Windows' on pressing A

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller opens 'Language packs for Windows' on pressing A: Hi Guys, Hope you can help me with this! When I connect my Xbox One wireless controller to Windows with Bluetooth, and open any game to use with it. All of the buttons work correctly, except when I press the A button. This randomly opens Microsofts 'Language packs for...
  6. Issue with Power-A Xbox one controller

Issue with Power-A Xbox one controller: The left analog stick on my Power-A Xbox one controller gives left and right stick input somehow. For example, in Forza Horizon 4, while turning the left analog stick to turn a car it would also move the first or third person camera. This is also the case in FPS games where...
  7. Xbox One Controller issues bluetooth

Xbox One Controller issues bluetooth: This is driving me crazy because it happened all of a sudden and I cannot fix it. Currently my bluetooth stack will connect any xinput controller or dinput controller and the drivers ALL show up. In Devices And Printers all of the controllers will show up. But in "Game...
  8. Xbox One Controller connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller connectivity issues: Hi everyone, I am currently trying to connect my xbox controller to my pc via bluetooth, but it doesn't seem to work. The controller I use is this halo master chief edition. As far as I could read in different forums, what matters is that it is the newer version xbox one...
  9. XBOX One Controller: Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    XBOX One Controller: Audio Issues: I'm having this weird problem with my XBOX One Controller. The audio isn't being played. I have it connected to my computer via USB and I connect my headphones to my XBOX One Controller because if I connect my headphones to my computer's built-in AUX output the sound will be...
  10. Xbox One Controller Issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller Issue?: Hi I have just bought a new xbox one wireless controller, i previously had a xbox 360 wired controller but one of the bumper buttons has stopped working. I have successfully paired the new controller and have started up Rainbow Six Siege, the controls seem to work fine until...