Windows 10: Really weird HDMI case with my video card...

Discus and support Really weird HDMI case with my video card... in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Here's something strange? When I plug in my monitor in the HDMI-port of my videocard, my desktop and stuff show up but no mousepointer! When I plug in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by RingTailCoon, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Really weird HDMI case with my video card...

Here's something strange? When I plug in my monitor in the HDMI-port of my videocard, my desktop and stuff show up but no mousepointer! When I plug in my monitor in the DV-I port of my videocard, all show up just fine and the mousepointer shows up as well!

How can this be?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

:)

RingTailCoon, Apr 7, 2021
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Really weird HDMI case with my video card...

Here's something strange? When I plug in my monitor in the HDMI-port of my videocard, my desktop and stuff show up but no mousepointer! When I plug in my monitor in the DV-I port of my videocard, all show up just fine and the mousepointer shows up as well!

How can this be?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

RingTailCoon, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Really weird HDMI case with my video card...

Windows 10 upgrade HDMI won't use dedicated video card

Hi,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have issue with your video card, so in order to assist you better can you share the model of your laptop?

I suggest you to connect the HDMI cable and then run
    dxdiag command to check which display driver is getting used.

Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows Key + R Key

• Type dxdiag and hit enter.

• Window will open and click on Display tab

Disable the same display driver from Device manager and then again connect HDMI and check if the other display driver is getting used or not.

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Really weird HDMI case with my video card...

1. Really weird HDMI case with my video card... - Similar Threads - Really weird HDMI

2. My keyboard is acting really weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is acting really weird.: The keys in it are just messed up. Here are my two problems:-1. Caps lock light is not showing2. MAJOR PROBLEM upon typing keys give wrong input such as -->* p to 9p*5 to r*6 to u and in the number pad 6 to 9*/ to m/*0 to j0 Note: Unless specified, numbers are not from the...
  3. My keyboard is acting really weird.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is acting really weird.: The keys in it are just messed up. Here are my two problems:-1. Caps lock light is not showing2. MAJOR PROBLEM upon typing keys give wrong input such as -->* p to 9p*5 to r*6 to u and in the number pad 6 to 9*/ to m/*0 to j0 Note: Unless specified, numbers are not from the...
  4. my camera is glitching really weirdly...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my camera is glitching really weirdly...: when i use the privacy shutter which is supposed to be black it shows a white screen with glitching black pixels or lines and when i use the camera normally its all weird and colorful pixels...
  5. My windows is acting really weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows is acting really weird: So, about a month ago I started having trouble when restarting my windows. I would restart it, it would bluescreen, troubleshoot, and things would go back to normal for a few weeks, then I would need to restart for some application or other occurrence and it would bluescreen...
  6. My windows is acting really weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows is acting really weird: So, about a month ago I started having trouble when restarting my windows. I would restart it, it would bluescreen, troubleshoot, and things would go back to normal for a few weeks, then I would need to restart for some application or other occurrence and it would bluescreen...
  7. My mouse is really acting weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse is really acting weird: So i've been using my mouse for let's say.. at least 4 years now, i never had any issues with it, it's wired and it worked up until last month, it started acting weird, once i'm gaming or doing anything it starts freezing and then suddenly working again, almost as if it it's...
  8. My mouse is really acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse is really acting weird: So i've been using my mouse for let's say.. at least 4 years now, i never had any issues with it, it's wired and it worked up until last month, it started acting weird, once i'm gaming or doing anything it starts freezing and then suddenly working again, almost as if it it's...
  9. Problem with my HDMI (Sound) from my video card. Any pros?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problem with my HDMI (Sound) from my video card. Any pros?: Hi, i've got hooked to my television my computer trough HDMI in my Asus radeon R9 280x The problem is the following.. when i was under Windows 7 everything was working just fine and now .. I've got 2 screens plugged into my computer: 1: Samsung P2350 23" LCD...
  10. HDMI Switches - Video card issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Switches - Video card issue: Hoping someone can help me here. Status Quo - I have a Dell 9200 running Windows 10, with an AMD HD5670 video card with Aug 2015 Windows 10 drivers. Its connected to an HDMI projector (older Sanyo, 720P), and a legacy VGA monitor. The multiple display setting work fine....