Windows 10: Really weird HDMI case with my video card...

Discus and support Really weird HDMI case with my video card... in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Here's something strange? When I plug in my monitor in the HDMI-port of my videocard, my desktop and stuff show up but no mousepointer! When I plug in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by RingTailCoon, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Really weird HDMI case with my video card...

Here's something strange? When I plug in my monitor in the HDMI-port of my videocard, my desktop and stuff show up but no mousepointer! When I plug in my monitor in the DV-I port of my videocard, all show up just fine and the mousepointer shows up as well!

How can this be?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

:)

RingTailCoon, Apr 7, 2021
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Really weird HDMI case with my video card...

Here's something strange? When I plug in my monitor in the HDMI-port of my videocard, my desktop and stuff show up but no mousepointer! When I plug in my monitor in the DV-I port of my videocard, all show up just fine and the mousepointer shows up as well!

How can this be?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

RingTailCoon, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Really weird HDMI case with my video card...

Windows 10 upgrade HDMI won't use dedicated video card

Hi,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have issue with your video card, so in order to assist you better can you share the model of your laptop?

I suggest you to connect the HDMI cable and then run
    dxdiag command to check which display driver is getting used.

Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows Key + R Key

• Type dxdiag and hit enter.

• Window will open and click on Display tab

Disable the same display driver from Device manager and then again connect HDMI and check if the other display driver is getting used or not.

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Really weird HDMI case with my video card...

1. Really weird HDMI case with my video card... - Similar Threads - Really weird HDMI

2. A really weird problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A really weird problem: every time a new windows (or nvidia) update comes out if I'm playing a game it turns off my pc, then to turn it on again I have to turn off PSU with a little button on the back, plug the power cable out of the PSU plug it back again, it that order it doesn't work if I just...
  3. My keyboard ia acting really weird

My keyboard ia acting really weird: Basically, what happens is that the letter 'l' is typed at about 5 times a second. It's not a problem with my keyboard, it still happens after I unplug it, holding ctrl will stop it for as long as it's pressed. I don't know what's the problem, I had it sometimes before but...
  4. Windows is getting really weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is getting really weird: So one day when I downloaded Oracle VirtualBox and tried running it I got a blue screen, when restarting it always tells me "we can't sign into your account" even though I tried again and again. So I decided to reset it while keeping the personal files. And after restarting...
  5. Weird HDMI behavior

Weird HDMI behavior: Hi, I have an HP Envy laptop. The HDMI port only works if I take the following steps. Close the lid Plug the HDMI cable in Re-open the lid If I don't follow those steps, the hdmi port doesn't work. Is there any way that anyone knows to fix this weird behavior? submitted...
  6. Case Fans Acting Weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Case Fans Acting Weird: So the case fans on my system are a bit strange, they're both set with the exact same fan curve, both are PWM and are set to base their speed off of the CPU temps. When I first built the system, I knew I already had a bad fan header, because anything plugged into it was given...
  7. Really Weird Keyboard Bug!

Really Weird Keyboard Bug!: So today i was just browsing the web and suddenly when i was pressing keys it would open up random stuff like my history, file explorer and some keys wouldn't work at all.... I literally couldn't write not a single letter, all my keys were either shortcuts into something or...
  8. Mouse being really weird.

Mouse being really weird.: As of recently, my mouse has been acting really weird. To put it short, whenever I try to scroll up/down, it does the opposite, almost cancelling out the main action, making it hard to scroll up or down. And even when I don't scroll and just try to click on a reddit post...
  9. Problem with my HDMI (Sound) from my video card. Any pros?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problem with my HDMI (Sound) from my video card. Any pros?: Hi, i've got hooked to my television my computer trough HDMI in my Asus radeon R9 280x The problem is the following.. when i was under Windows 7 everything was working just fine and now .. I've got 2 screens plugged into my computer: 1: Samsung P2350 23" LCD...
  10. HDMI Switches - Video card issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Switches - Video card issue: Hoping someone can help me here. Status Quo - I have a Dell 9200 running Windows 10, with an AMD HD5670 video card with Aug 2015 Windows 10 drivers. Its connected to an HDMI projector (older Sanyo, 720P), and a legacy VGA monitor. The multiple display setting work fine....