Windows 10: Really weird microphone problem.

Discus and support Really weird microphone problem. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everybody, before I begin I want to mention that I am not a computer person, so if this is a really obvious fix I apologize! So today I booted up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheRubberDuck15, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Really weird microphone problem.

Hey everybody, before I begin I want to mention that I am not a computer person, so if this is a really obvious fix I apologize!

So today I booted up my computer to join a virtual class on Google Meet and it said that my microphone is muted by my system settings. I originally assumed that this was caused by BitDefender (I got the trial version over the weekend as I'm testing out a few antiviruses to figure out which I want to stick with. If you have any recommendations also let me know) but after uninstalling it, I have learned that it was not the problem. My assumption is that the program changed some preferences, but I have no idea what. Anyway, the microphone is being detected, and when I go into my settings it is working, but the microphone is not working on any program that accesses it (Discord, Opera [that is the browser that I use, and therefor Google Meet], etc)

I have tried restarting and plugging in an external mic. I'm not sure what to do, and I need this solved ASAP and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/TheRubberDuck15
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheRubberDuck15, Oct 5, 2020

2. Microphone problem Windows (8/10)

Hi,

To resolve your microphone issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + S then type Speech Recognition on the search bar.
    • Click Set up microphone and follow the Microphone setup wizard.
    • When you reach Adjust the microphone volume, please note if the volume bar moves from yellow to red.
    • Once the Setup wizard is complete, we can check if the microphone works properly. We can eliminate hardware problem from the possible causes of the issue. Please check to if the issue persists in the Third-party software.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Cortana Microphone headset problems.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open settings by clicking thee windows icon the click settings.
    • Search Sound in the top right corner and click it.
    • Then right click the one device you want to use, then click default communication device.
    • Then try Cortana.
    As you've already set up microphone but I would suggest you to check again by typing microphone set up and go through that, it should set everything up for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Farvatten Win User

Really weird microphone problem.

Problem with Microphone

You might check Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone

Check that you have access set to 'On' and there's also a list of Windows apps that can be toggled individually.

Really weird microphone problem. [​IMG]

Farvatten, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Really weird microphone problem.

1. Really weird microphone problem. - Similar Threads - Really weird microphone

2. Really weird wifi problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really weird wifi problems.: Alright so I have been getting this weird issue with packet loss. Some times when I am connected to my Wi-Fi I get 1-30 mbps but my normal is 200+ upload and download. But that is only 1 part of the problem the other problem is packet loss for no reason at all and some times...
  3. Really weird wifi problems.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Really weird wifi problems.: Alright so I have been getting this weird issue with packet loss. Some times when I am connected to my Wi-Fi I get 1-30 mbps but my normal is 200+ upload and download. But that is only 1 part of the problem the other problem is packet loss for no reason at all and some times...
  4. Really weird wifi problems.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. This is really weird if true

in Windows 10 Support
    This is really weird if true: Came across this in my emails today and am wondering if it a genuine thing or not? Microsofts New Linux Distro Is a Warning Shot at Red Hat Review Geek 182872
  6. A really weird problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A really weird problem: every time a new windows (or nvidia) update comes out if I'm playing a game it turns off my pc, then to turn it on again I have to turn off PSU with a little button on the back, plug the power cable out of the PSU plug it back again, it that order it doesn't work if I just...
  7. Really weird microphone problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Really weird microphone problem: Hey guys, I need your help with the weirdest Realtek microphone problem I have had since a week or two. When I go to the microphone settings I can see the blue bar moving up and down meaning the microphone still detects sound. But since it is not working of course I...
  8. Windows is getting really weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is getting really weird: So one day when I downloaded Oracle VirtualBox and tried running it I got a blue screen, when restarting it always tells me "we can't sign into your account" even though I tried again and again. So I decided to reset it while keeping the personal files. And after restarting...
  9. Mouse being really weird.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse being really weird.: As of recently, my mouse has been acting really weird. To put it short, whenever I try to scroll up/down, it does the opposite, almost cancelling out the main action, making it hard to scroll up or down. And even when I don't scroll and just try to click on a reddit post...
  10. Mouse feels really weird !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse feels really weird !: hello , first of all i wanna say sorry for my bad english second i have a problem since 2 days so im a competetive csgo player and i downloaded a game called need for speed after i downloaded that my mouse felt like gliding on ice and not being 1to1 precise so i was like ok...