Windows 10: Really weird situation with my OneDrive Folder on PC.

Discus and support Really weird situation with my OneDrive Folder on PC. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently moved my OneDrive folder from my User folder to my D: drive. I went through the unlink process then signed in again. The location shown was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by streetwolf, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Really weird situation with my OneDrive Folder on PC.

I recently moved my OneDrive folder from my User folder to my D: drive. I went through the unlink process then signed in again. The location shown was in my User folder. I specified my D drive as the new location and syncing completed with no problems. My OneDrive folder pointed to my D drive.

Now the weird situation. On my Quick Access menu in file manager I have my User Folder pinned to it. In the list of folders I have a OneDrive folder. This points to my OneDrive folder on my D Drive. However, if I display my User folder any other way and with any other File Manager type program my OneDrive folder does not show up. Even booting into Linux can't find it. It is only via Quick Access do I see the OneDrive folder in my User folder.

It's almost as if the 'weird' folder is some sort of Junction Point, Symlink, etc. but all my utilities that display this sort of info does not list it as any sort of link. Where the heck is this folder coming from? It certainly isn't a real folder so I suspect it might be something created in the Registry. Also I confirmed it does not take up any space just as a Junction Point does. All my files are on my D drive.

Everything works fine. I am just curious why the OneDrive folder in my User folder only shows up in my Quick Access list. Also, if I delete the OneDrive folder from my Quick Access list it will also delete it on my D drive.

Any thoughts on this situation. I am baffled by it. *Banghead
    Really weird situation with my OneDrive Folder on PC. [​IMG]

The first screenshot is from my Quick Access list. The second is from my User Folder in File Manager.

:)

streetwolf, Dec 13, 2018

2. Really weird situation with my OneDrive Folder on PC.

I recently moved my OneDrive folder from my User folder to my D: drive. I went through the unlink process then signed in again. The location shown was in my User folder. I specified my D drive as the new location and syncing completed with no problems. My OneDrive folder pointed to my D drive.

Now the weird situation. On my Quick Access menu in file manager I have my User Folder pinned to it. In the list of folders I have a OneDrive folder. This points to my OneDrive folder on my D Drive. However, if I display my User folder any other way and with any other File Manager type program my OneDrive folder does not show up. Even booting into Linux can't find it. It is only via Quick Access do I see the OneDrive folder in my User folder.

It's almost as if the 'weird' folder is some sort of Junction Point, Symlink, etc. but all my utilities that display this sort of info does not list it as any sort of link. Where the heck is this folder coming from? It certainly isn't a real folder so I suspect it might be something created in the Registry. Also I confirmed it does not take up any space just as a Junction Point does. All my files are on my D drive.

Everything works fine. I am just curious why the OneDrive folder in my User folder only shows up in my Quick Access list. Also, if I delete the OneDrive folder from my Quick Access list it will also delete it on my D drive.

Any thoughts on this situation. I am baffled by it. *Banghead

The first screenshot is from my Quick Access list. The second is from my User Folder in File Manager.

streetwolf, Jan 22, 2020
  3. This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

Hi Lance,

There are different factors as to why the default location of the documents and pictures folder on your computer is defaulting to OneDrive. One possible reason is that you setup OneDrive as the default save location of your files. For us to resolve your
    concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer and from the left-hand panel select the
      Documents
      folder from the list.
    • After selecting the Documents folder, right click on it and select
      properties from the list.
    • Select the Location tab, and click on the Restore Default button. (see screenshot below)

Really weird situation with my OneDrive Folder on PC. 13fa8ffd-5e67-4c83-ace3-0aec740681c2.png
    • Select OK and if prompted to create a folder at the default location, click on
      Yes.
    • If you get a prompt to move all files from the old location to the new default location, click on
      Yes.

Once complete the folder properties windows will close by itself and folder should not be using the default location. Take note that these steps apply to the different folder in your computer.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Really weird situation with my OneDrive Folder on PC.

This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

The folders the you see on This PC are linked to your
    OneDrive
    account, therefore when you open the folder or file, the path automatically routes to OneDrive. To prevent this from happening, we suggest that you unlink your
    OneDrive account by following the steps provided in the previous post. Once you're done, you can then sign back in and change the path of your
    OneDrive folder.

NOTE: OneDrive can sync only with folders on a drive formatted with the NTFS file system, which is most commonly a hard disk drive on your computer, or an external hard disk drive. Portable storage, such as USB flash drives
    or solid state memory drives, use a different file system and won't sync with OneDrive.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Really weird situation with my OneDrive Folder on PC.

1. Really weird situation with my OneDrive Folder on PC. - Similar Threads - Really weird situation

2. My keyboard is acting really weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is acting really weird.: The keys in it are just messed up. Here are my two problems:-1. Caps lock light is not showing2. MAJOR PROBLEM upon typing keys give wrong input such as -->* p to 9p*5 to r*6 to u and in the number pad 6 to 9*/ to m/*0 to j0 Note: Unless specified, numbers are not from the...
  3. Why does my PC freeze in a really weird way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC freeze in a really weird way?: So this started happening about 4 days ago, and it happens every day at least once. My PC randomly starts freezing when I play a game for a random time, I think once it froze really quick and the other few times 1-4h in.The weird thing is tho that its not a normal freeze, the...
  4. Why does my PC freeze in a really weird way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my PC freeze in a really weird way?: So this started happening about 4 days ago, and it happens every day at least once. My PC randomly starts freezing when I play a game for a random time, I think once it froze really quick and the other few times 1-4h in.The weird thing is tho that its not a normal freeze, the...
  5. Weird boot situation

Weird boot situation: I have a really weird boot setup, and due to this, I'm not able to recover Windows 11 normally. Right now, I am dual-booting Windows, 11 and Windows 8.1. I am trying to put the Windows installer on my flash drive, but Chrome doesn't have enough disk space, which is wrong,...
  6. Weird boot situation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird boot situation: I have a really weird boot setup, and due to this, I'm not able to recover Windows 11 normally. Right now, I am dual-booting Windows, 11 and Windows 8.1. I am trying to put the Windows installer on my flash drive, but Chrome doesn't have enough disk space, which is wrong,...
  7. Computer black screens at really weird times/situations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer black screens at really weird times/situations: Hi, So this is a really recent thing, has never happened before, but I have a Radeon R9 390 graphics card that's been running like a champ, able to handle fallout 4 and other such adjustable games very well, but ever since I downloaded and started playing Smite again, it'll...
  8. Computer black screens at really weird times/situations

Computer black screens at really weird times/situations: Hi, So this is a really recent thing, has never happened before, but I have a Radeon R9 390 graphics card that's been running like a champ, able to handle fallout 4 and other such adjustable games very well, but ever since I downloaded and started playing Smite again, it'll...
  9. Weird Desktop flickering Situation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Desktop flickering Situation: My laptop recently started doing this weird thing where after logging in the desktop continuously refreshes and the taskbar doesn't show up. The processor heats up and the fans crank all the way up. Task manager says that the antimalware service is using up all of the memory...
  10. Weird Desktop flickering Situation

Weird Desktop flickering Situation: My laptop recently started doing this weird thing where after logging in the desktop continuously refreshes and the taskbar doesn't show up. The processor heats up and the fans crank all the way up. Task manager says that the antimalware service is using up all of the memory...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive is acting weird