Windows 10: RealPlayer

Discus and support RealPlayer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to open the program Windows tells me it can't find the file when it is there and is listed in apps. Why???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KarenSilver, Dec 17, 2019.

1. RealPlayer

When I try to open the program Windows tells me it can't find the file when it is there and is listed in apps. Why???

:)

KarenSilver, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

Cannot uninstall RealPlayer and its components

Hi Jack,

It appears that RealPlayer is set as the default app when you open certain files or programs. This may have something to do with the inability to uninstall the program. To correct it, you can follow these steps:

• Click on the Windows icon on your home screen (Start).
    • Type Default Programs then press Enter.
    • You will have the Settings window showing Choose default apps. Scroll down and click on
      Set defaults by app.
    • Click on RealPlayer and select Choose defaults for this program.
    • You will see all the programs that use RealPlayer by default. Uncheck all the boxes.
    • Click on Save.

Once you have deselected RealPlayer as the default program for some services on the computer, proceed to these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Set the view to Small icons.
    • Open Programs and Features.
    • Locate RealPlayer. Click on it then choose Uninstall.

Let us know if the steps above allow you to remove the program.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Realplayer Trimmer cant not work in Windows10

There may be a problem with the software itself, that's why you are unable to find it in the list of programs on your computer. We suggest you contact the developers of RealPlayer Trimmer to resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Regile Reb, Dec 17, 2019
  4. David T J Win User

RealPlayer

Can't remove Realplayer.

I can't seem to completely remove Realplayer from my system, and the download tab from my Microsoft Edge browser.

My reason for removing it the first place was because the download feature stopped working, so I removed it and then tried to reinstall it; but the reinstall failed. I even went so far as to activate a restore point to resolve the problem, which seem to
    reinstall Realplayer but did not fix the downloading issues. I'm not that great in matters concerning computers so a step by step reply would be appreciated.

David T J, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

RealPlayer

1. RealPlayer - Similar Threads - RealPlayer

2. Smart app and Realplayer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart app and Realplayer: On downloading youtube videos I receive a message stating Smart app is blocking part of the program in Realplayer.How Can I cure this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-app-and-realplayer/31805a00-1f45-4d27-a752-7afb9f7313be
  3. Smart app and Realplayer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart app and Realplayer: On downloading youtube videos I receive a message stating Smart app is blocking part of the program in Realplayer.How Can I cure this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-app-and-realplayer/31805a00-1f45-4d27-a752-7afb9f7313be
  4. How to make the RealPlayer notification to stay on - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make the RealPlayer notification to stay on - Windows 11: Hi,Every time I turn on RealPlayer notifications it doesn't stay n. It goes to Notifications "OFF" in setting. What should I do to make it stay on.I have attached screenshots of setting it on and how it just automatically goes to off.Thanks,RoGirl...
  5. How to make the RealPlayer notification to stay on - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make the RealPlayer notification to stay on - Windows 11: Hi,Every time I turn on RealPlayer notifications it doesn't stay n. It goes to Notifications "OFF" in setting. What should I do to make it stay on.I have attached screenshots of setting it on and how it just automatically goes to off.Thanks,RoGirl...
  6. realplayer stopped burning dvd's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    realplayer stopped burning dvd's: I was able to burn DVD's videos but now I get runtime error use of invalid editor "Stream:: StreamFileEditorBase" / can anyone help me get it back? I reloaded realplayer and it did not help....