Windows 10: Realtec network adapter and Windows 10

Discus and support Realtec network adapter and Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Upgraded an old computer running Windows 7 to Windows 10 via the update rather than a fresh install and the realtec network adapter is showing on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sihev, Mar 15, 2020.

1. sihev Win User

Realtec network adapter and Windows 10

Upgraded an old computer running Windows 7 to Windows 10 via the update rather than a fresh install and the realtec network adapter is showing on device manager, says connect to internet, i pop in the password and get a blue screen, updated the network adapter driver to Nov 18 but still get blue screen and no internet connection. Is the registry missing a .dll or is it something else? Internet worked fine on Windows 7 before upgrading.

:)

sihev, Mar 15, 2020

2. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Realtec network adapter and Windows 10

Windows 10 Network Adapter Priority not saved

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to run the Network adapter troubleshooter and check.

Method 1:

Step 1:

• Type troubleshooter in the search bar.
    • From the list click view all and select network adapter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions thereafter.
    Step 2: Perform an SFC (System File Checker) scan on your system for any corrupted file settings.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Command prompt admin.
    • At the command prompt type “sfc /scannow” (no quotes), and then press ENTER.

Method 2: If there is any third party software conflict then perform a
    Clean boot.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

(Applies to Windows 10)

Note: You need to refer to the steps suggested under the section, “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to get the computer back to Normal Startup.

If the issue persist I would suggest you to install the latest network card drivers from computer manufacturer website and check.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on Windows related issues. We will be glad to help.

Joy Kemprai, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Realtec network adapter and Windows 10

1. Realtec network adapter and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Realtec network adapter

2. Windows 10: Network Adapter not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Network Adapter not found: Hello everyone,Randomly my internet is not working. When I did the troubleshooting, it says ""windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver".I have Dell Inspiron 15-7597. I don't see the...
  3. Network Adapter missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Network Adapter missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Network Adapter is a crucial device for the smooth running of network connections on the Windows operating system. It is sometimes referred to as […] This article Network Adapter missing in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Realtec stereo mix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtec stereo mix: I can not get the Realtec stereo mix to activate. Help please. Thanks Rich https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtec-stereo-mix/021cfbd7-0f5a-4540-9e94-6305c0ae3c84
  5. Realtec No Advance Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtec No Advance Settings: Hi, Im trying to use my laptop mic and headphones at the same time, but realtec does not seperate them into different audio streams. I've been looking for hours, but can't find a solution. Realtec Audio Console from Microsoft Store which was already preinstalled does not...
  6. Network adapter missing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter missing in windows 10: I have been struggling without internet on my laptop, I can't connect to wifi and ethernet at all because of my system not reading the adaptors, I tried re installing the adaptors but it didn't work, I tried network reset and it also didn't work, can you help me with this...
  7. Network Adapters-windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapters-windows 10: Windows 10 support/users-am I going to have to delete and reinstall my network adapter every time I turn my laptop off? As of this last week I have been having to do that every time I reboot my computer in order to get my WiFi to connect. It started happen after a Windows...
  8. Feedback realtec audio

Feedback realtec audio: I am getting feedback. Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feedback-realtec-audio/302a48a7-cc59-45c9-8b67-918aa599990b
  9. Network adapter disconnecting on windows 10

Network adapter disconnecting on windows 10: Hi, for the past few days my internet keeps disconnecting on a Windows 10 pc once or twice a day, it will automatically re-connect a few seconds later. I ran Troubleshooting and it said I have a problem with the wireless adapter or access point, and that it fixed the...
  10. Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10: How to: Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10 How to Cleanup and Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10 The netcfg –d command can help solve connection problems you might have after upgrading from a previous version of Windows to Windows 10, as well as fix problems where...