Windows 10: Realtech audio, crackling speakers, static, after update

Discus and support Realtech audio, crackling speakers, static, after update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So far as I can see, all of similar threads have been closed - not because they have been fixed, but... So, again, as far as I can see, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rswebber, Dec 13, 2018.

1. rswebber Win User

Realtech audio, crackling speakers, static, after update

So far as I can see, all of similar threads have been closed - not because they have been fixed, but...

So, again, as far as I can see, the "solutions" are:

Dumb down the speakers and audio - CD quality, remove enhancements, etc. NOT A SOLUTION

Dumb down / retro-install old drivers -from Windows 8 !!! How is THAT a solution?

Use an external device - great, if you're not getting digital output from various 'net or apps

Dump the PC and go to Mac - then install Windows 10 emulator on the Mac. I actually LOVE this one, but absolutely HATE Apple products....

I have been using Windows 10 and associated drivers for years (early adapter) and hadn't an issue prior to this season's Updates - because of this I have removed ALL of the Update options and gone back to full manual. Not the best thing. NEVER had an issue. NEVER.

This BS could well move me to Chrome, a variation of Unix or, as last resort, a Mac (god help us all).

And it's not this one issue either - the updates this year have crippled many things and wasted more hours than have been spent troubleshooting products for the past few decades of MS iterations.

And they really want to make this a subscription service?!?

:)

rswebber, Dec 13, 2018
  2. PavlosL Win User

Crackling and static noise coming out of the speakers

Hello,

Since a couple of days there is a crackling sound as well as static noise coming from the speakers. It is not a hardware issue, as I replaced them with another set, nor a line out cable issue as I tried 3 different cables nor a software one as all drivers
    are up to date.

When I configure them in control panel as stereo the noise is NOT there.

WIN 10 X64 updated

AMD HD Audio Device

and Microsoft HD Audio device

Please advise

PavlosL, Dec 13, 2018
  3. CFLAGS Win User
    Realtek HD Audio latency leading to crackling sounds from the speakers

I have a problem with the Realtek HD Audio speakers driver. Everytime a sound is about to be play, the speakers of the laptop make a crackling sound, similar to the sound of static electricity.

I am using Windows 10 and have the latest version of the Realtek HD Audio driver.

I ran the Latencymon v 6.50 to check for latencies, and I get the following result:

"Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one problem appears to be network related. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates."

These results appear to be spot-on, however I'm surprised it mentions that at least one problem is network related, since I have the latest network drivers, and even when disabling the network adapters I still get the crackling sound.

I reckon the CPU throttling mentioned is related to the CPU exectution cap which I already set to 100%.

The other thing I need to mention is that this is a new laptop, and from the first day, even with the old drivers I noticed the crackling sound, and I assumed it would go away after I updated the drivers. I have all the newest drivers and I still get this problem.

The funny thing is that when I plug-in the laptop, it somehow does not give the crackling sound, but when I approach my ear to the speakers, I hear that they are on, even when nothing is playing ( I know because they emit some kind of barely distinguishable white noise). When the laptop is not plugged in however the speakers make the crackling noise before playing sound, and when they finish playing the sounds, the speakers go off ( when I approach my ear the white noise isn't heard anymore).

Notice that the crackling sound is heard only once: after I click on some audio to play; then the crackling disappears, only to appear when I got to the next song ( or audio file).

What do you suggest I do about it? In the beginning I thought it was a hardware problem, but given the fact that during playback the speakers do not exhibit any weird behavior, I am led to believe it is a drivers' problem.

CFLAGS, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Realtech audio, crackling speakers, static, after update

Audio from laptop speaker crackles

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop that starting making crackling noises in it's built in speakers last week. It makes the noise when playing any kind of sound. I ran the audio troubleshooter and nothing was found. I rolled back a display
    driver update I got a few days before hand but it was still making the noise. I then uninstalled the audio driver and restarted my laptop. When it came back on, the driver came back by itself and it stopped making the crackling noises. But tonight it started
    doing it again. I ran the troubleshooter again and it suggested turning off audio enhancements but nothing is checkmarked except "immediate mode". I removed the checkmark but the sound is still crackling.

Goodell Must Go, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Realtech audio, crackling speakers, static, after update

1. Realtech audio, crackling speakers, static, after update - Similar Threads - Realtech audio crackling

2. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio static and crackling: So this is a weird one so i was on vacation for a week away from my PC which was working fine I took my headset with me and used it on my phone everything fine until I got back and plugged my headset back in my pc and now i hear static and audio crackling and my headset plays...
  3. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio static and crackling: So this is a weird one so i was on vacation for a week away from my PC which was working fine I took my headset with me and used it on my phone everything fine until I got back and plugged my headset back in my pc and now i hear static and audio crackling and my headset plays...
  4. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Crackling Audio through Speaker Realtek Audio R after Windows 11 updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling Audio through Speaker Realtek Audio R after Windows 11 updates: Recently i've had a lot of the updates to Windows 11 installed on my laptop, and after one of them sadly I don't remember which I started encountering an issue with my audio through speakers where sometimes it will randomly start crackling. I can temporarily fix it my...
  6. Crackling Audio through Speaker Realtek Audio R after Windows 11 updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling Audio through Speaker Realtek Audio R after Windows 11 updates: Recently i've had a lot of the updates to Windows 11 installed on my laptop, and after one of them sadly I don't remember which I started encountering an issue with my audio through speakers where sometimes it will randomly start crackling. I can temporarily fix it my...
  7. Crackling audio after update to 2004

Crackling audio after update to 2004: Titel i try much stuff and talk one week with razer supp and got this answer . Hello Claus, I hope you find this message safe. This is Lara, a representative of the escalation team. Your case has been forwarded to us for further assistance. We have been told that you...
  8. Crackling audio after update to 2004

Crackling audio after update to 2004: After updating Win10 to 2004, I get crackling audio when I use Razer Surround Pro software. When I switch my audio output, I get normal audio. This only happens when I use Surround Pro....
  9. Audio crackling through speakers

Audio crackling through speakers: Hey guys I’m having an issue with my audio from my PC. There is crackling on and off that’s very subtle, but none the less very annoying. I’ve tried all sorts of things recommended online but can’t figure it out. It's specifically my computer, I tried 2 other devices that...
  10. Audio Static/Crackling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Static/Crackling: Over the past week I have been experiencing audio static and crackling. Sometimes quite severely and it hurts to hear. I have done so many things and it has not changed anything for more than a couple hours. When I tried to intall new drivers Windows would say I already had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek static