Windows 10: RealTeck HD Audio now sounds incredibly quiet after November's Windows Update

Discus and support RealTeck HD Audio now sounds incredibly quiet after November's Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The RealTek HD Audio sounds incredibly quiet after the Windows November update since a few days since it came out. I've uninstalled drivers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StephenLynn, Nov 17, 2018.

1. RealTeck HD Audio now sounds incredibly quiet after November's Windows Update

The RealTek HD Audio sounds incredibly quiet after the Windows November update since a few days since it came out.

I've uninstalled drivers and re-installed Asus's stock driver for it, and I've even gone into the HD Audio Manager to make sure Loudness Equalization was in. However, it makes almost ZERO difference now because before then it really made the sound much louder with more Bass, but it's like there no more Bass coming from it anymore in which you're only getting mostly treble instead which makes the sound overall like tinnie...in my personal opinion.

There is no ! symbol within device manager meaning there is nothing wrong detected by the system as a problem.

I've noticed from reading that Windows had problems in the past with Realtek HD Audio drivers, and Microsoft had to come out with a fix for it. So, it seems like that problem that error possibly in the Kernel or that of bad coding has been accidentally brought back in within November's update once again.

My laptop sounds so freakin' quiet and I've always been able to happily play with the volume at 48-50%, but now it's sounds tinnie and I am really pissed off with that for sure..!

My laptop is only just over 1 year old;

Asus GL502 VM (i7 7th Generation version)

When testing the mp3 file with loudness equalization ON you could tell the sound gets more quiet, but if you choose within Audio Manager for the option LIVE it improves the treble making it slightly louder. This NEVER happened before the Windows November update because with both options ON within Audio Manager you could easily hear the music was GOOD & Loud.

Playing back MP4 movie the above mentioned options within Audio makes almost NO difference what so ever, and as before the November the update it was GOOD & Loud but now it sounds tinnie...!

Microsoft get your Developers find where they've gone wrong because it sounds so quiet and it's NOT my laptop's speakers either because I've connected my headphones and it's the same problems through that too - tinnie sounding!

Therefore, this is software issue brought about by Microsoft's November update has my enjoyment for listening to music / videos via my laptop.

Fix this problem ASAP!

:)

StephenLynn, Nov 17, 2018
  2. AndyC1989 Win User

External microphone really quiet (Realtek HD Audio-Manager)

Hello,

I have a problem with the Realtek HD Audio-Manager. I bought a new headset a few days ago. It is working fine on the Playstation, tablet and on my mobile phone. However on my Notebook it is very quiet.

I plugged it in but the I think the Realtek HD Audio-Manager puts the internal microphone and my external microphone into one microphone array (well, that's what at least is showing in the system settings).

So even though I set every audio setting to maximum, the microphone is still very quiet. I also updated the drivers and reinstalled the Realtek HD Audio-Manager.

Once when I deinstalled the Realtek HD Audio-Manager and I tried the troubleshooting it somehow worked fine for a few seconds. But then it reinstalled Realtek HD-Audio-Manager automatically and the microphone was quiet once again.

AndyC1989, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Nov 17, 2018
  4. RealTeck HD Audio now sounds incredibly quiet after November's Windows Update

Realteck Highdefenition Audio

Hi Willy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to hear the issue you have experienced with Audio device performance upon upgrading to Windows 10. Let’s both work together to fix the issue.

Please answer to these questions:

- Have you tried installing the latest driver for this device?

Follow the below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Method 1:

Run built in Audio Device troubleshooter

* Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and hit Enter

* Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Playing Audio” troubleshooter from the list and see if it works

Method 2:

Try updating the drivers and check if it helps

a) Open run command by pressing Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter.

b) Spot and expand the “'Audio inputs and outputs'”.

c). Right click on the “High Definition Audio Device” and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer to check the problem fixed.

Uninstall and reinstall sound card driver:

Please refer this article for more information.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

If there are no update available, download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it on the system by uninstalling the current driver. You can uninstall the driver by following the same steps, and select ‘Uninstall’, instead of selecting
    the “Update Driver Software” from the menu.

Please post back if you are experiencing any issue with Windows. I will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

RealTeck HD Audio now sounds incredibly quiet after November's Windows Update

1. RealTeck HD Audio now sounds incredibly quiet after November's Windows Update - Similar Threads - RealTeck Audio sounds

2. Realteck Audio driver issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realteck Audio driver issues: Hi, so i have Asus tuf gaming fx505gt laptop and today i opened up the realteck console to set and test my mic..i saw there that the dts effects area where all the effects of the speaker come was empty and nothing was showing up therei usually have many issues with the...
  3. Realteck Audio driver issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realteck Audio driver issues: Hi, so i have Asus tuf gaming fx505gt laptop and today i opened up the realteck console to set and test my mic..i saw there that the dts effects area where all the effects of the speaker come was empty and nothing was showing up therei usually have many issues with the...
  4. Realteck Audio driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realteck Audio console won't play sound to headphones

Realteck Audio console won't play sound to headphones: Hello,Today, out of the blue my PC stopped playing sound to the headphones connected via the 3.5 jack. The speakers works. Whenever I insert the headphones jack, I got the usual "what did you connect: headphones or speakers" window and as soon as i select headphones I hear...
  6. Realteck audio randomly disapeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realteck audio randomly disapeared: This is the third time this has happened, the last two times it came back a few months later on its own. There was no update to my knowledge, I turned off my computer last night with realtek installed and working perfectly, and when I turned on my computer a few minutes ago...
  7. No Audio after November 1, 2020 Updates

No Audio after November 1, 2020 Updates: HP Pavillion 500 PC, using Windows 10 No audio after November, 2020 updates: There were 53 updates installed for MS Office Professional Plus 2007 and 2 security updates. After these updates, there was no audio, audio was fine just prior to the updates. Sorry for the...
  8. Audio is quiet after downloading Windows 2004 update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio is quiet after downloading Windows 2004 update.: Hello, today I just installed the Windows 2004 update for my HP Laptop. After that I went to Google to test the audio with my laptop's in-built speakers. And the audio from YouTube videos was quiet. Same with music from Spotify. But I went to test it with Microsoft Edge and...
  9. Realtek automatically updated and now my audio is super quiet and hollow. Audio...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek automatically updated and now my audio is super quiet and hollow. Audio...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fr0stehsnew [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gl2nw1/realtek_automatically_updated_and_now_my_audio_is/
  10. Audio problems on Creators Update, quiet audio, mashed together sounds

Audio problems on Creators Update, quiet audio, mashed together sounds: Windows has been forcing the Creators update on me recently, and for some reason no matter what I did, my Windows Update Service would keep going back to "Manual Start" when it was disabled. I figured I'd try out the Fall Creators Update, as the last time I tried the...