Windows 10: Realteck High Definition Audio Driver Installation Failure

Discus and support Realteck High Definition Audio Driver Installation Failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; System: Intel 4690K 16G Ram Gigabyte UD5H-BK motherboard 2 X R9 280 in Crossfire Windows 10 Pro 64 bit v. 1903 build 18362.356 Problem: Every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HPFHPF, Sep 28, 2019.

1. HPFHPF Win User

Realteck High Definition Audio Driver Installation Failure

System:

Intel 4690K

16G Ram

Gigabyte UD5H-BK motherboard

2 X R9 280 in Crossfire

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit v. 1903 build 18362.356

Problem:

Every time I reboot my system I get the same error message:

An error (-5001 : 0x80070002) has occurred wile running the setup.

Please make sure you have inished any prviuos setup and closed other applications.

Details:

>setup.cpp (1220)
    PAPP:Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
    PVENDOR:Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    PGUID:f132af7f-7bca-4ede-8a7c-958108fe7dbc
    $21.0.338
    @Windows 8.1 / Server 2012 R2 Service Pack 0 (9600)
    IE Version: 9.11.18362.0

Also Device Manager show that, of 3 High Definition Audio Controllers, one (PCI bus 2, device 0, function 1) is disabled (Code 22). I can enable the device but it will be disabled when I reboot.

I've tried uninstalling the drivers for the HDA Controllers and HDA Devices, downloading new drivers and reinstalling. The error message still persists on reboot.

Any suggestions as to what's going wrong and how to stop the message?

This has been happening for months. I've

:)

HPFHPF, Sep 28, 2019

2. I don't have the IDT High Definition Audio Codec Driver installed on my computer

Hi,

If you want to have the high definition audio codec driver on your computer, we suggest updating your sound driver. Follow the steps below to update sound driver.

• On Start menu and type
      Device Manager
      and press enter.
    • Click Sound, video, and game controllers.
    • Right-click IDT High definition audio codec and
      Update driver.
    • If there are no update available, reinstall the driver by clicking Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer. Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

We also suggest updating the chipset driver from your manufacturer's website. Click
    here and
    follow the steps provided to install and update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update the driver and check if the issue persist.

Follow the steps to Update the driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Select the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
    • Select the option “let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    • Select the High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition" And click next.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Sep 28, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

High Definition Audio Device drivers missing

Hi Davide

The High Definition Audio drivers are built into Windows already

Right click that device in Device Manager, choose 'Update Driver

Then choose 'Browse my computer for Driver Software' - 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers'

If you do not see the default High Definition Audio device, untick 'Show Compatible Hardware'

On the left, select Microsoft, then on the right scroll down to find 'High Definition Audio Device Version 10.0. . . . .

DaveM121, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Realteck High Definition Audio Driver Installation Failure - Similar Threads - Realteck High Definition

2. Realteck Audio driver issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realteck Audio driver issues: Hi, so i have Asus tuf gaming fx505gt laptop and today i opened up the realteck console to set and test my mic..i saw there that the dts effects area where all the effects of the speaker come was empty and nothing was showing up therei usually have many issues with the...
  3. Realteck Audio driver issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realteck Audio driver issues: Hi, so i have Asus tuf gaming fx505gt laptop and today i opened up the realteck console to set and test my mic..i saw there that the dts effects area where all the effects of the speaker come was empty and nothing was showing up therei usually have many issues with the...
  4. Realteck Audio driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. High definition audio drivers

High definition audio drivers: I was previously using the high definition audio drivers from windows but I wanted to try out realtek, after using realtek I wanted to switch back to my windows audio drivers but it disappeared and I can only find it in the Audio Inputs and outputs section on the device...
  6. "High Definition Audio Driver" Not showing

"High Definition Audio Driver" Not showing: Hello, I'm having trouble with my microphone not working, and I do believe that it is caused by not having the correct audio driver. I have a Dell with a reg model code of P69G. Also, when I have my Runmas headset plugged in, it does not show on my Sound Control panel as...
  7. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver: I have no sound on my pc, unable to reinstall Realtek High Definition Audio Driver in my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-high-definition-audio-driver/169252cf-69d0-4fa0-aecf-c430fc1e10de
  8. How to install Via high definition audio driver?

How to install Via high definition audio driver?: [ATTACH]I Got this while i try to install the audio driver and i don't know what to do. Help me please faster! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-via-high-definition-audio-driver/f8c9933d-880c-4529-a29b-526025558d53
  9. realtek high definition audio drivers

realtek high definition audio drivers: i have a windows 10 dell desktop computer 64 bit 8gig memory..my question is this ..the audio drivers are high definition drivers manufactured by Microsoft..i would like to replace them with realtek high definition audio drivers is this possible and if so how do i do it...
  10. Intel High Definition Audio Driver

Intel High Definition Audio Driver: When I press the volume keys on my keyboard there is no display indicating this, and there is no sound through the laptop or the headphones. When I clicked on the volume icon a window opened and automatically scanned for hardware changes, detecting that there had been none....