Windows 10: Realtek 8821ae wireless adapter causing audio latency

Discus and support Realtek 8821ae wireless adapter causing audio latency in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title suggests, this wireless adapter is causing latency which results in a very annoying desynchronization between audio and video over time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaxBdc, Sep 18, 2019.

1. MaxBdc Win User

Realtek 8821ae wireless adapter causing audio latency

As the title suggests, this wireless adapter is causing latency which results in a very annoying desynchronization between audio and video over time when playing videos. This happens in all situations, both when streaming online and when using any media player to play back video files. I know the problem is the wireless adapter or its driver because I have tried countless ways to solve this problem (updating audio and video drivers, networking drivers, changing cpu throttling settings and many, many more) but only one solution works, and it's an unacceptable one for me. That is, disabling the wireless adapter. This immediately and drastically reduces latency. No other solution, and again, I've tried pretty much anything that google will throw at you when trying to fix this specific problem, has worked. This has been happening for roughly 5 or 6 months so I presume it has something to do with windows 10 versions and the way they interact with this adapter.

So my point is: regardless of this being realtek or microsoft's "fault" it would be nice if the problem were addressed. I can provide latencymon logs or any info regarding my pc.

I have an asus X550VXK

Intel core i7 - 7700HQ

16 gb ddr4 2400 ram

Windows 10 home v. 1903 os build 18362.356

The drivers which seem to be affected most are:

Highest reported ISR routine execution time: i8042prt.sys

Highest DPC routine execution time: i8042prt.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, ndis.sys

:)

MaxBdc, Sep 18, 2019

2. realtek 8821AE Wireless problems

I've been having internet problems since I got my new laptop. It seems as though every time I log in the internet cuts out and i have to restart my computer to made it work again. The realtek 8821AE Wireless on my device manager shows that its not working
    but I dont know how to fix it. *edit* i forgot to mention it says: This device cannot start (code 10)

VictorT.980, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Internet Usage Causes severe Computer Latency and Performance Problems

My computer slows down and experiences severe latency whenever I use the internet.

Using the internet causes severe latency on my computer. Network traffic does not significantly increase cpu usage. However, it causes severe latency that I measured by latency monitoring software. The most notable effect of this is on audio, which is extremely
    choppy whenever I access webpages or whenever spotify loads new content. I have all of my drivers completely up to date. I changed from the on board audio to an audio card thinking that the problem was with the audio driver. Then I switched to wireless USB
    network adapter and disabled the on board network driver, which decreased the frequency of the latency spikes; however, the problem still persists.

This problem is more annoying than you might expect, especially considering that I put serious money (by my standards) into upgrading this system and that I can't even enjoy youtube or spotify. Any help at all would be appreciated, thank you.

Additional System Specifications:

Compaq CQ5110Y

64 bit windows 10

Kingston SUV400S3712 SCSI

AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core 2.2 GHz

6BG RAM

SB Audigy Audio Card + integrated realtek alc888S Audio (I'm not currently using the integrated audio, which is disabled)

GeForce GTS 250 setup for dual monitors

PCI-SV92EX Soft Modem

150 Mbs Wireless 802.11b/g/n Nano USB Adaptor

NOTE: I had the same problem with the default built-in Realtek RTL8201N 100Mb/s 10-Base-T Ethernet so it probably has more to do with networking in general and not the particular networking card/adapter.

M2N68-LA AKA Narro5 Motherboard

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Macrohard Doors, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Realtek 8821ae wireless adapter causing audio latency

Loads of problems caused by wireless adapter

Hello TenForums!

First off thank-you for your support, I've troubled through my PC related issues for some time now and your my last hope.

It all started with the random distorted audio (DPC Latency), then the mouse "skips" and finially the BSOD's. I traced the issues to my wireless networking adapter. The Asus PCE-N15, many, many different driver combo's could not fix my issues. I tried BIOS versions, clean install's and other drivers from different companies. I downloaded a program called LatencyMon to try and diagnose. I've attached my results.

I don't know if the Latency affects my mouse but It doesn't hop, lag or skip when the network adpater is disabled.

Realtek 8821ae wireless adapter causing audio latency [​IMG]

I'm currently running a i5-6500 with an Gigabyte H110M-A.
    My Wireless Network adapter is a Asus PCE-N15.

TurkeyHawk, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Realtek 8821ae wireless adapter causing audio latency

1. Realtek 8821ae wireless adapter causing audio latency - Similar Threads - Realtek 8821ae wireless

2. Realtek Wireless Lan adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Wireless Lan adapter: Realtek wireless Lan is experiencing driver or hard ware related problems and cant update my driver so i can install my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-wireless-lan-adapter/bad8b111-bba7-4460-a458-3f3e270e6456
  3. Realtek Wireless Lan adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Wireless Lan adapter: Realtek wireless Lan is experiencing driver or hard ware related problems and cant update my driver so i can install my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-wireless-lan-adapter/bad8b111-bba7-4460-a458-3f3e270e6456
  4. Latency spikes caused by wireless autoconfig service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latency spikes caused by wireless autoconfig service: Hi,When I have wireless auto config turned on, I get horrible latency spikes.Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=2574ms TTL=56Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=56Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=56Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=56Reply from...
  5. Latency spikes caused by wireless autoconfig service

Latency spikes caused by wireless autoconfig service: Hi,When I have wireless auto config turned on, I get horrible latency spikes.Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=2574ms TTL=56Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=56Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=56Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=56Reply from...
  6. Latency spikes caused by wireless autoconfig service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wireless Display Adapter with Realtek Wireless Chip

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Display Adapter with Realtek Wireless Chip: Hi,I am trying to connect a device to a Microsoft Wireless display adapter but without luck. I can connect my Surface Go, HP Probook x360 11 EE to the adapter no problem. This issue **** when I try to connect an HP Probook 435 G7 with the Realtek RTL8822CE wireless card. I...
  8. Wireless Display Adapter with Realtek Wireless Chip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Adapter with Realtek Wireless Chip: Hi,I am trying to connect a device to a Microsoft Wireless display adapter but without luck. I can connect my Surface Go, HP Probook x360 11 EE to the adapter no problem. This issue **** when I try to connect an HP Probook 435 G7 with the Realtek RTL8822CE wireless card. I...
  9. Wireless Display Adapter with Realtek Wireless Chip

10. Realtek 8821ae Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Realtek 8821ae Network Adapter: Since updates last month my Wi-Fi Network Adapter on start up either doesn't start or if it does start it stops working when I am working. I see that many user of the Realtek 8821ae Network Adapter are having the same problems since microsoft update from Windows 10 1803 to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek lan wireless driver cause stutter and buzzing

2. nu vot

3. realtek wifi video stutter

4. realtek 8821ae problems dcp latencymon,
  5. realtek 8821ae driver windows 10