Windows 10: Realtek audio: can't *disable* spatial sound ???

Discus and support Realtek audio: can't *disable* spatial sound ??? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My system is a brand new DELL Precision 5530 workstation (pro version of the popular XPS 15). Without entering too much into the technical details and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by benoitvm, Nov 6, 2018.

1. benoitvm Win User

Realtek audio: can't *disable* spatial sound ???

My system is a brand new DELL Precision 5530 workstation (pro version of the popular XPS 15).

Without entering too much into the technical details and symptoms, after long and careful testing, I have good reasons to believe that my Realtek audio device is always using Spatial Sound, no matter the Spatial Sound setting (on | off), the type of device connected to the 3.5 jack (headphones, loudspeakers), and the jack used (on the laptop or on the attached TB16 Dock)

In fact, in order to have flat, unprocessed sound, I must connect an external audio device, like a USB SoundBlaster (or the BlackMagic A/V I/O device I use for video editing).

The system is brand new, the driver is up-to-date....How do I fix this ? Or is the Realtek audio device just a gadget that can't output flat, unprocessed audio ??

:)

benoitvm, Nov 6, 2018

2. Spatial Sound

Hi,

The Spatial Sound feature is available in Windows 10 but by default, it has been disabled. To enable it, follow the steps below:

• In the notification area, right-click on the sound icon.
    • In the context menu, click on Playback devices.
    • Select your playback device and then click on Properties.
    • Click on the Spatial sound tab.
    • Select the Spatial sound format you want to apply.

Get back to us if there is anything else. We'll be glad to help.

Jennifer Bri, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Marc Cai Win User
    Spatial Sound (Windows Sonic) Greyed Out and other audio problems

Hi Aries,

On our understanding, the Spatial sound tab, under the Speaker properties went missing. And as you ended this post, it shows that you're still using the Realtek Audio Driver. This driver on its latest installment/version should support the spatial sound. There
    were reports that the mono audio being enabled under Settings > Ease of Access > Audio, will disable the Spatial Sound. Try disabling it while you're currently in the said driver.

If this did not work, please reinstall the default Microsoft Audio driver, and tell us if the driver worked with your headphones again so we can continue.

By the way, is the Realtek driver being installed automatically by the system?

Marc Cai, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Jose Est Win User

spatial sound

Hi,

Windows Sonic is Microsoft’s audio platform for more immersive audio. It includes integrated spatial sound on Windows, with support for both surround and elevation audio cues.

We would like to more about your issue:

• Were there changes made on your device prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to you prompt response.

Jose Est, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Realtek audio: can't *disable* spatial sound ??? - Similar Threads - Realtek audio can't

2. Windows 11 - Spatial sound disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Spatial sound disabled: Hello team,I have a problem I just got new headphones "Fantech HG11 Space Edition" but the problem is I cannot determine if the sound is from left or right especially when I play games like valorant that need surround sound. I used their application from their website...
  3. Windows 11 - Spatial sound disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Spatial sound disabled: Hello team,I have a problem I just got new headphones "Fantech HG11 Space Edition" but the problem is I cannot determine if the sound is from left or right especially when I play games like valorant that need surround sound. I used their application from their website...
  4. Spatial Sound Disables 7.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spatial Sound Disables 7.1: I have a 7.1 headset that is 7.1 built into the actual hardware. The trouble is that if I set it up as a 7.1 device, spatial sound is disabled and if I enable spatial sound 7.1 is reverted to stereo. Is there any way to fix this?...
  5. Spatial Sound Disables 7.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spatial Sound Disables 7.1: I have a 7.1 headset that is 7.1 built into the actual hardware. The trouble is that if I set it up as a 7.1 device, spatial sound is disabled and if I enable spatial sound 7.1 is reverted to stereo. Is there any way to fix this?...
  6. How to disable spatial sound permanently?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable spatial sound permanently?: Hi, when I turn on my headset, it select Windows Sonic from spatial sound automatically and I don't want that, I want it to be default. What should I do? is there is any way to disable that? or can I delete Windows Sonic form my system? Because I couldn't find it with the...
  7. No Directional Audio or Spatial sound on Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Directional Audio or Spatial sound on Windows: Recently I had updated Windows to the newest update and I noticed that my audio was a little flat. I tried playing games and I noticed that there is no Directional audio, For example when I hear a gunshot there is no way of knowing what direction it was from. I am a seriously...
  8. Can't access spatial sound.

Can't access spatial sound.: I can't access the spatial sound things, (Windows Sonic for Headphones) I can't use dolby because I can't afford it, but the options are just grey and I can't use it. It's disallowing me to hear certain videos and sounds. If someone can help, please do.[ATTACH]...
  9. realtek audio no sound

realtek audio no sound: i have win10 pro and recently had to reset it, though lost most of my apps it is running now but no sound i have realtek audio and everything i tried still no sound and my drivers are up to date. any solutions?...
  10. Spatial Sound greyed out when using Realtek Audio drivers

Spatial Sound greyed out when using Realtek Audio drivers: IS there any way to enable Spatial Sound using Realtek drivers? It works when using High Definition Audio Driver from Microsoft.. 106793

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable realtek audio windows 10 automatically