Windows 10: RealTek Audio causing issues, no audio

Discus and support RealTek Audio causing issues, no audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Something happened about 2-3 weeks ago where my audio stopped working. Here's how I fix it but it's just a temporary fix: Device Manager > Sound,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IM140.6, May 12, 2020.

1. IM140.6 Win User

RealTek Audio causing issues, no audio

Something happened about 2-3 weeks ago where my audio stopped working. Here's how I fix it but it's just a temporary fix:

Device Manager > Sound, Video and Game Controllers > RealTek Audio > [toolbar] Uninstall Device > [popup] Delete the driver software for this device > Uninstall

Once the device is uninstalled, I click [toolbar] Scan for hardware changes. The RealTek audio device is reinstalled and audio worksbut I get a Windows notification there's changes to my system and a restart is needed. Once I restart, audio is gone again.

RealTek Audio causing issues, no audio 91d99df4-d416-4ecb-8adc-3ca92ceb7fe1?upload=true.jpg

:)

IM140.6, May 12, 2020

2. Audio driver issue (realtek)

I have hp 15-bc008tx, windows 10 creators update.

As you all know it comes with b&o play which is the main culprit in my issue. I found an solution online( link at the bottom) which suggested me to remove realtek HD audio driver (default) and go with high definition audio driver from Microsoft and to uninstall
    realtek from control panel. I did as said and audio worked fine for one reboot no issue whatsoever but from the next reeboot onwards though the driver is still high definition (Ms) issue came back. I repeated the steps ,again fine audio for one reboot and
    messed up for next reboot. I guess even though realtek is uninstalled it's somehow loading in the subsequent reboot. Please help me changing driver everytime for a movie is not enjoyable.

link :-http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2593100/crackling-popping-sound-laptop-speakers-headphones.html

Ashish30697, May 12, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    No audio device is installed (How to fix?)

Since you uninstalled the Intel Display audio and you no longer have audio, that suggests you are using HDMI (??) If this is the case then the Realtek is not being used and not causing your problem.

First step as mentioned is to reinstall the Intel Display Audio.

fireberd, May 12, 2020
  4. RealTek Audio causing issues, no audio

Realtek Audio driver causing blue screen

I do have Realtek listed in Apps and Features before I uninstall to download and try a different version. I have been able to download the previous version of Realtek HD audio driver for pre RS3 Win10. This version of the driver doesn't cause BSOD but
    instead gives me error 10. I've tried using the Audio Troubleshooter to diagnose from this point but the troubleshooter can't identify anything other than my Nvidia audio connected via HDMI. Hopefully contacting MSI will lead to an answer, thank you

ramirez steve25, May 12, 2020
Thema:

RealTek Audio causing issues, no audio

1. RealTek Audio causing issues, no audio - Similar Threads - RealTek Audio causing

2. Realtek Audio issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio issues: Realtek Audio speakers, Windows 11My audio drivers had disappeared once and made the system unable to detect the speakers. After reinstalling the drivers, the problem was fixed... temporarily. A few hours later, the sound vanished from my computer - even though the drivers...
  3. Realtek Audio issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio issues: Realtek Audio speakers, Windows 11My audio drivers had disappeared once and made the system unable to detect the speakers. After reinstalling the drivers, the problem was fixed... temporarily. A few hours later, the sound vanished from my computer - even though the drivers...
  4. Realtek Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Issues: Hey, I'm having a bunch of issues with Nvidia broadcast RTX Voice and Realtek Audio. I have a new Acer Swift X model number SFX14-41G. When Nvidia broadcast is installed, the sound settings glitches out and prohibits you from switching the input or output devices and also...
  5. Realtek Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Issues: Hey, I'm having a bunch of issues with Nvidia broadcast RTX Voice and Realtek Audio. I have a new Acer Swift X model number SFX14-41G. When Nvidia broadcast is installed, the sound settings glitches out and prohibits you from switching the input or output devices and also...
  6. Realtek Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Realtek audio issues

Realtek audio issues: I think it's a driver issue, basically, I have a choice of 2 drivers: High Definition Audio Device and Realtek High Definition Audio. When I'm using HDAD my mic makes a constant buzzing sound that Discord and OBS can pick up, the solution for this is to go to the mic in...
  8. Realtek Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio Issues: I got a new computer with Windows 10 on it just yesterday, and I'm already having issues with my headset. I had accidentally set the microphone for it as a headset when the settings thing popped up. So I tried looking for a solution for that, and all I found was Microsoft...
  9. Realtek Audio issue

Realtek Audio issue: Hey, new here, any help would be fantastic!! Sys: Dell Studio XPS 8100, MB: OT568R/DH57M01 BIOS: A05,Legacy CPU: Intel i7 860 Mem:8gb, DDR3 GPU:AMD Radeon 6770 OS: Win10 10.0.19042 Audio I/O driver: MS 10.0.19041.1 12/06/19, Realtek audio driver: 6.0.1.6299...
  10. Realtek Audio issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Realtek Audio issue: Hey, new here, any help would be fantastic!! Sys: Dell Studio XPS 8100, MB: OT568R/DH57M01 BIOS: A05,Legacy CPU: Intel i7 860 Mem:8gb, DDR3 GPU:AMD Radeon 6770 OS: Win10 10.0.19042 Audio I/O driver: MS 10.0.19041.1 12/06/19, Realtek audio driver: 6.0.1.6299...