Windows 10: Realtek audio configuration apps unavailable—multifunction audio jack can't output optical...

Discus and support Realtek audio configuration apps unavailable—multifunction audio jack can't output optical... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've got an MSI GT70-0NC laptop, i7-3610QM, GTX670M, Win10Px64. I've recently tried to connect a Turtle Beach PX5 wireless 5.1 headset via S/PDIF for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eddievhfan1984, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Realtek audio configuration apps unavailable—multifunction audio jack can't output optical...

I've got an MSI GT70-0NC laptop, i7-3610QM, GTX670M, Win10Px64.

I've recently tried to connect a Turtle Beach PX5 wireless 5.1 headset via S/PDIF for gaming, but find that I can no longer set the function of the combined headphone/5.1 L-R out/optical port when hotplugging. The Realtek-provided applications do not run, and I don't even see the provided background processes running, either. An installation of current drivers went nowhere.

Does anybody have an idea how I can get this functionality back? Alternatively, is there some kind of system call or command-line script I can run to enable optical out, bypassing the Realtek application?

submitted by /u/eddievhfan1984
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eddievhfan1984, Dec 7, 2019

2. Movies App kills sound output after 1607 update - Realtek Optical Output

This was a bug that appeared some time back that had been patched, but seems to have re-appeared.

The issue is that when Movies app content is played, the sound card output is muted. Muted for all applications. The movie still plays, just no audio. It remains muted until Movies app is closed, and the other apps are restarted. VLC for instance.

I 'think' this is configuration specific but I have not done any other hardware testing. The PC has a standard Realtek soundcard using their Realtek HD Audio Manager, and is using specifically the Optical TOSLINK output. I believe that is the problem configuration.

My guess is that the Realtek card driver is not compatible with 1607 in the same way. Perhaps they patched it for previous versions so that the bug seemed to go away. But has resurfaced.

Since Windows ultimately must be compatible, I hope you can use this feedback to verify the issue and take corrective actions with Realtek or whatever you did last time.

Hardware Details:

Realtek HD Audio Manager

Audio Driver Version 6.0.1.7535

Audio Codec: ALC1150

using Realtek Digital Output(Optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)

I remember I used some work around like, opening Movies, then playing something using VLC, then playing Movies.. some combo like that worked until one day that step was no longer needed. Hope that helps.

Chris_sirhC, Dec 7, 2019
  3. New computer with windows 10 and can't get 5.1 sound from the optical/spdf output of the realtek audio on my mother board

Hi mademehaveanid,

An incorrect audio setting or an outdated sound driver could be the reason why you were not able to output a 5.1 audio. Please perform the following suggestion that may able to fix the issue:

1. Download and install the latest sound card driver directly from the Realtek support site.

2. Check if 5.1 surround is selected in the default format under the Realtek HD audio Manger Digital Output tab.

3. Try disabling the Automatic Jack Sensing or Front Panel Jack Detection (Please refer to the motherboard's manual for the instructions).

4. Unplug and re plug optical cables.

5. Try a different optical cable.

Keep us posted.

Gemzon Mar, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Riekopo Win User

Realtek audio configuration apps unavailable—multifunction audio jack can't output optical...

Optical audio not working Realtek ALC892

I have an Asus P8Z77-V mobo. It has a Realtek ALC892 audio thingy on it. The driver that Windows 10 downloaded for it doesn't seem to work. The optical audio isn't working at all. Asus doesn't have any Windows 10 drivers listed for my mobo. So I went to
    the Realtek website to find a driver and downloaded what they had. Windows Update installed driver 6.0.1.7535. The Realtek download gave me driver 6.0.1.7541. However, optical audio still isn't working. I'm trying to use a SteelSeries H Wireless headset. Since
    optical isn't working I plugged the headset into a USB 3.0 port. It works, but when I go to Playback Devices>Properties some of the options seem to be missing. It's saying it is "Generic USB Audio". There's no Supported Formats tab and there's only 16 bit
    options in the Advanced tab. This is a $300 headset so I want to configure it for Dolby Digital, the correct Sample Rates, and 24 bit sound.

Riekopo, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Realtek audio configuration apps unavailable—multifunction audio jack can't output optical...

1. Realtek audio configuration apps unavailable—multifunction audio jack can't output optical... - Similar Threads - Realtek audio configuration

2. Audio Jack input/output setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Jack input/output setting: Hi, this is just a small question regarding a specific audio setting. This setting was a pop-up for each time I plugged sth into the audio jack and it showed a list of devices that could be plugged into the jack e.g. Mic, Headphones, speakers, etc. I got an external mic but...
  3. Audio Jack input/output setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Jack input/output setting: Hi, this is just a small question regarding a specific audio setting. This setting was a pop-up for each time I plugged sth into the audio jack and it showed a list of devices that could be plugged into the jack e.g. Mic, Headphones, speakers, etc. I got an external mic but...
  4. Audio Jack input/output setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.

Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No Audio Output Device is installed."I had the original speakers plugged in, the connection was alright, yet it still didn't...
  6. Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No Audio Output Device is installed."I had the original speakers plugged in, the connection was alright, yet it still didn't...
  7. Realtek Audio misidentifies back panel audio jacks.

Realtek Audio misidentifies back panel audio jacks.: I have a b550 Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard from AsRock. The back panel I/O is specifically stated to include "Line In/ Front Speaker/Microphone". However, Realtek Audio Console thinks that the Back Panel is rear speaker/front speaker/ subwoofer. As a result, I am unable to...
  8. Delayed optical audio output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delayed optical audio output: The original thread was locked, but I'm having the same issue as here: https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/4ijiaf/slight_delay_before_audio_through_speakers_using/ Basically, if no sound has been output via the SPDIF of my Asus XONAR SE for 5-10 seconds, if I play...
  9. Can't configure Realtek Digital Output

Can't configure Realtek Digital Output: I have a Realtek onboard audio device connected via optical to my Yamaha receiver. The receiver's built-in 5 channel test works fine. I just noticed that if I do a 5.1 channel test on my computer, I am getting no sound from my surround speakers. Left and right surround come...
  10. Can't configure Realtek Digital Output

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't configure Realtek Digital Output: I have a Realtek onboard audio device connected via optical to my Yamaha receiver. The receiver's built-in 5 channel test works fine. I just noticed that if I do a 5.1 channel test on my computer, I am getting no sound from my surround speakers. Left and right surround come...