Windows 10: Realtek Audio Console/Nahimic - Bass Management - no crossover option

Discus and support Realtek Audio Console/Nahimic - Bass Management - no crossover option in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, First of a bit of back story. I do have a pair of Mackie MR524. Years ago I bought a Logitech surround system (Z906). The satellite speakers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nebeldiener, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Realtek Audio Console/Nahimic - Bass Management - no crossover option

Hi all,

First of a bit of back story. I do have a pair of Mackie MR524. Years ago I bought a Logitech surround system (Z906). The satellite speakers of the Logitech system don't sound too great (to put it politely). Because of that I have used the Mackies exclusively but then I remembered that Windows has a crossover function (frequency cut off, or something like that).

Only problem is that this setting is not available anymore.

Computer:
    - MSI X57 Gaming Edge Carbon Wifi
    - Ryzen 7 3700x

If I install the Windows generic audio driver the sound enhancements are there but the sound is WAY to quite (even at 100%). If I now install the Realtek driver from MSI the sound volume is back to normal but the sound enhancements are gone (sorry Windows is in German):

Realtek Audio Console/Nahimic - Bass Management - no crossover option [​IMG]

I already did a Google search and gathered that the enhancements wandered to the "Realtek Audio Console" app. Here I do have the option to enable the bass management but I can't set the cut off value:

If I enable this Windows plays the sound from the speakers and subwoofer simultaneously but it plays both at full spectrum. So the subwoofer plays up to 250hz and my speaker down to about 60-50hz.

I read on the EVGA FAQ that you can set the cut off value in reggedit but I'm unable to find this option:

EVGA FAQ

I don't have a "AECBF" folder under "Realtek".

Is there a work around or is it just MSIs fault because they didn't implement this option into the Realtek Audio Console?

To clarify, this is what I'm missing: https://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/a...nz-windows.jpg

:)

Nebeldiener, Jan 19, 2020

2. Realtek Audio Console does not work anymore

Thank you for your quick reply F.Farah,

I've solved the issue, by performing these steps:

- Unistalling the previous version of Realtek Audio drivers in Control Panel -> Programs and Features

- Restart

- Installing the Realtek Audio drivers from the manufacturer (MSI)

- Restart

- Uninstalling both Nahimic and Realtek Audio Console (Win+X > Apps and Features > select the App > click the "Unistall" button)

- Installing Nahimic and Realtek Audio Console from "Microsoft Store", by opening the link indicated in the manufacturer's website

This should've solve the issue, but I had another problem, and the issue persisted, so I've followed this thread written in pt-BR:

"Realtek Áudio Console não pode se conectar ao serviço RPC."

I've disabled Realtek HD Audio Universal Service in task manager, to improve startup time, and I had to enable it again,
    Task Manager > Startup > right-click on "Realtek HD Audio Universal Service" > Enable, followed by another restart. Now both Nahimic and Realtek Audio Console are working.

Daniel_Almeida92, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Realtek Audio Console does not work anymore

Greetings,

After a recent windows update, I don't know exactly which one, Realtek Audio Console stopped working, it takes about one minute loading, than a message is displayed "Cannot connect to RPC service." I'm currently unable
    to configure some sound features like 5.1 and 7.1 sound.

My computer also had another audio control software installed, called Nahimic, but I have removed it, because I don't use it anymore, since it not always work properly.

I've also tried the steps from another thread "Realtek Audio Console not opening. Gives error "Cannot connect to RPC service.", the software worked until I restarted my PC, and does not work anymore.

I hope someone can help have this problem sorted out.

Regards,

Daniel Almeida

Daniel_Almeida92, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Bobbac Win User

Realtek Audio Console/Nahimic - Bass Management - no crossover option

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [2]

Hey, I'm on 8787 and i have the bass management option for 5.1 and 7.1 (no stereo). Anyway it doesn't let me choose crossover frequency.

Bobbac, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Realtek Audio Console/Nahimic - Bass Management - no crossover option

1. Realtek Audio Console/Nahimic - Bass Management - no crossover option - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio Console

2. Realtek Audio Console missing options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Console missing options: So I had this problem where my mic picked up all my computer audio despite the fact that I had my headset plugged in. I remember fixing the issue by turning off a setting in the Audio Console, I don't remember it exactly but it was something about producing two audio streams....
  3. Realtek Audio Console missing options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Console missing options: So I had this problem where my mic picked up all my computer audio despite the fact that I had my headset plugged in. I remember fixing the issue by turning off a setting in the Audio Console, I don't remember it exactly but it was something about producing two audio streams....
  4. Realtek Audio Console No Connector Retasking Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Console No Connector Retasking Option: Hi I'm using a Legion Y540 laptop running on Windows 11 and I have issues with Realtek Audio Console. I wanted to use the port on my laptop as a line-in mic-in but there's no option for Connector Retasking with my Realtek Audio Console. It only shows headphones for me and...
  5. Realtek Audio Console No Connector Retasking Option

Realtek Audio Console No Connector Retasking Option: Hi I'm using a Legion Y540 laptop running on Windows 11 and I have issues with Realtek Audio Console. I wanted to use the port on my laptop as a line-in mic-in but there's no option for Connector Retasking with my Realtek Audio Console. It only shows headphones for me and...
  6. Realtek audio console

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio console: Realtek audio console app refuses to open meaning that I can't allow the computer to switch mic input method headphone to headset uninstalling and reinstalling both in Microsoft store the drivers themselves and restarting the laptop either Code: 0x80073D02...
  7. Realtek audio console

Realtek audio console: Realtek audio console app refuses to open meaning that I can't allow the computer to switch mic input method headphone to headset uninstalling and reinstalling both in Microsoft store the drivers themselves and restarting the laptop either Code: 0x80073D02...
  8. Realtek Audio Console

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Realtek Audio Console: I can't open the Realtek Audio Console. I already checked the app in The Microsoft Store and reinstalled it but it won't reinstall. Can somebody help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-audio-console/7179ffbc-ce11-4ecc-bafa-4530e2807bd0
  9. Realtek audio console

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek audio console: When i open realtek audio console it shows can not CONNECT TO RPC SERVICE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-audio-console/9ed997c9-031f-4fbe-b43f-fb2984af2979
  10. realtek audio console

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    realtek audio console: hi, i just bought an Alienware - Aurora R9 Gaming Desktop and am having trouble getting the realtek audio console to show up. the sound is fine but i want to adjust the bass and treble and some other stuff. the only options i get now are the standard windows settings. the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. nahimic audio no bass