Windows 10: Realtek audio crackling issues driving me nuts.

Discus and support Realtek audio crackling issues driving me nuts. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; MSI pc sound is crackling and making popping noises. I've read that realtek audio driver is the issue. I've tried to uninstall it, nahamic , and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/b1ackf1sh, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Realtek audio crackling issues driving me nuts.

MSI pc sound is crackling and making popping noises. I've read that realtek audio driver is the issue. I've tried to uninstall it, nahamic , and realtek audioconsole then do a clean install. It hasn't fixed the issue, any suggestions? I used this

submitted by /u/b1ackf1sh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/b1ackf1sh, Jul 5, 2020

2. Audio Crackling driving me insane!

System specs are to the left. It's happened ever since I got a pair of wireless headphones. The crackling gets really bad sometimes for a few seconds and sounds like interference but then it will go away and back to just normal audio crackling. I dont think I have anything interfering with the headset because it persists even through the sound in wired headphones as well as the audio in my monitor. The only thing I can think of is something with the onboard audio screwing with the sound, but the sound from the Corsair Void headphones should be on it's own audio source? I have even sent them back to amazon to get another pair and same thing.

This persists through a reformat even. I dont have onboard audio drivers installed either. The only thing listed in sound are the Corsair RGB Void headphones and nvidia's high definition audio (with xsplit audio recorder)

Anyone have any ideas what is going on? It's driving me nuts and I cant take it anymore.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Audio driver issue (realtek)

I have hp 15-bc008tx, windows 10 creators update.

As you all know it comes with b&o play which is the main culprit in my issue. I found an solution online( link at the bottom) which suggested me to remove realtek HD audio driver (default) and go with high definition audio driver from Microsoft and to uninstall
    realtek from control panel. I did as said and audio worked fine for one reboot no issue whatsoever but from the next reeboot onwards though the driver is still high definition (Ms) issue came back. I repeated the steps ,again fine audio for one reboot and
    messed up for next reboot. I guess even though realtek is uninstalled it's somehow loading in the subsequent reboot. Please help me changing driver everytime for a movie is not enjoyable.

link :-http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2593100/crackling-popping-sound-laptop-speakers-headphones.html

Ashish30697, Jul 5, 2020
  4. CFLAGS Win User

Realtek audio crackling issues driving me nuts.

Realtek HD Audio latency leading to crackling sounds from the speakers

I have a problem with the Realtek HD Audio speakers driver. Everytime a sound is about to be play, the speakers of the laptop make a crackling sound, similar to the sound of static electricity.

I am using Windows 10 and have the latest version of the Realtek HD Audio driver.

I ran the Latencymon v 6.50 to check for latencies, and I get the following result:

"Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one problem appears to be network related. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates."

These results appear to be spot-on, however I'm surprised it mentions that at least one problem is network related, since I have the latest network drivers, and even when disabling the network adapters I still get the crackling sound.

I reckon the CPU throttling mentioned is related to the CPU exectution cap which I already set to 100%.

The other thing I need to mention is that this is a new laptop, and from the first day, even with the old drivers I noticed the crackling sound, and I assumed it would go away after I updated the drivers. I have all the newest drivers and I still get this problem.

The funny thing is that when I plug-in the laptop, it somehow does not give the crackling sound, but when I approach my ear to the speakers, I hear that they are on, even when nothing is playing ( I know because they emit some kind of barely distinguishable white noise). When the laptop is not plugged in however the speakers make the crackling noise before playing sound, and when they finish playing the sounds, the speakers go off ( when I approach my ear the white noise isn't heard anymore).

Notice that the crackling sound is heard only once: after I click on some audio to play; then the crackling disappears, only to appear when I got to the next song ( or audio file).

What do you suggest I do about it? In the beginning I thought it was a hardware problem, but given the fact that during playback the speakers do not exhibit any weird behavior, I am led to believe it is a drivers' problem.

CFLAGS, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Realtek audio crackling issues driving me nuts.

1. Realtek audio crackling issues driving me nuts. - Similar Threads - Realtek audio crackling

2. audio crackling issue in realtek audio drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio crackling issue in realtek audio drivers: sir,thank you.yes,i had go through all of your suggestions and here is my conclusion.Actually there will be two audio drivers in my pc which are Realtek drivers & microsoft drivers and my audio crackling issue only by Realtek audio drivers because,as we know that 95% pc's...
  3. audio crackling issue in realtek audio drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio crackling issue in realtek audio drivers: sir,thank you.yes,i had go through all of your suggestions and here is my conclusion.Actually there will be two audio drivers in my pc which are Realtek drivers & microsoft drivers and my audio crackling issue only by Realtek audio drivers because,as we know that 95% pc's...
  4. Crackling issue with Realtek audio after upgrading to Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling issue with Realtek audio after upgrading to Win11: My HP Pavilion laptop has started having an intermittent audio crackle since late December in both internal speakers and when using a 3.5mm jack headphones. Sometimes occurs within minutes of booting up and running music/game audio, sometimes takes a half hour or so. I am...
  5. Crackling issue with Realtek audio after upgrading to Win11

Crackling issue with Realtek audio after upgrading to Win11: My HP Pavilion laptop has started having an intermittent audio crackle since late December in both internal speakers and when using a 3.5mm jack headphones. Sometimes occurs within minutes of booting up and running music/game audio, sometimes takes a half hour or so. I am...
  6. Is there seriously no fix to the audio popping / crackling issue with RealTek audio and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there seriously no fix to the audio popping / crackling issue with RealTek audio and...: I've been having audio popping/crackling issues, especially when playing games, for over a year and I've tried tons of solutions, but nothing helped. What is your parts list? [Consider formatting your parts list.] Type Item CPU i7 9700kf (bundled with mobo) Motherboard...
  7. Driving me Nuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driving me Nuts: [ATTACH] Every time I restart my pc or rarely where my pc crashes my lock screen is switched to this photo. I've done a system image search but failed to find it. Right clicking on the off screen prompt takes me nowhere. I'm seriously done with this. I need help...
  8. Audio crackling issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio crackling issue: I am facing audio crackling issue on my laptop when i use it on battery i.e. it is not plugged in . I have tried reinstalling all the drivers and updating them. I have also checked dpc latency and it is above 1000um .I have also installed a fresh copy of windows 10 but the...
  9. Driving me nuts

Driving me nuts: I've somehow 'lost' MSVCR110.dll and MSVCP110.dll. So Cyberlink Power2Go 11 won't run. Seems that those 2 dlls are part of those Microsoft Visual C Redistributable packages that lazy companies such as Cyberlink lean on because they're too inept to develop their own C++ codes...
  10. this is driving me nuts!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    this is driving me nuts!: so here is the thing couple days ago i left my laptop for 1 hour with my cousin (12 year old) who had his little 4 year old brother with him,i didnt trust him with my laptop but family forced me to atleast give them a bit of fun i went outside and after an hour i cameback...