Windows 10: Realtek audio does not show up after reinstalling

Discus and support Realtek audio does not show up after reinstalling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today 17/05/2020 my audio stated that 'no audio output device is installed'. I tried various solutions such as audio troubleshooter, add legacy in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JJRDH, May 17, 2020.

1. JJRDH Win User

Realtek audio does not show up after reinstalling

Today 17/05/2020 my audio stated that 'no audio output device is installed'. I tried various solutions such as audio troubleshooter, add legacy in device manager which keeps crashing my computer when i try to add Realtek Audio and lastly, uninstalling/installing Nahimic and Realtek Audio Driver I followed a guide from MSI website. However, nothing seems to work. Maybe I did not install the drivers correctly since I'm a novice in these areas. Can someone please assist me, because I have no audio and realtek is no where to be found in device manager. It worked perfectly a few hours ago.

The version of Windows 10 is 1909 and my laptop is a MSI Notebook GS63 Stealth 8RE.

Thanking everyone for their help in advance.

:)

JJRDH, May 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 Reinstall Flawed Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Automatically after Shut Down

Same issue , same type of audio crash possibly caused by a Windows update to 1607. Uninstalling the drivers in device manager doesn't help -it just reinstalls. The rollback option is greyed out and can't be selected. Reinstalling the audio driver from the
    manufacturer does not help either (ASUS T100HA). Reinstalling Realtek audio drivers (latest Win 10) was a no go.

The suggested hide/show troubleshooter does not show any audio drivers in the listing so was no help in my instance.

Stumped. Any other suggestions?

...Glenn

GlennSzlagowski, May 17, 2020
  3. Jonatino Win User
    Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

Realtek audio does not show up after reinstalling [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, May 17, 2020
  4. Realtek audio does not show up after reinstalling

Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

OK, so this happened to me on my laptop. It wanted to use the realtek drivers no matter what. Let me show you what to do.
    Step 1. Open the start menu and type 'Device Manager' in the search bar. Click on the result.

Step 2.
    You'll see this window appear.

Step 3.
    Expand the 'Sound , video and game controllers' category.

Step 4. Find 'Realtek High Definition Audio' in the list, then right click it and select Properties.

Step 5.
    Click on the 'Driver' tab near the top of the window.

Step 6.
    Now click on the button that says 'Roll back driver'.
    If the button is dimmed, make sure your Realtek drivers are currently installed.

Step 6. If you did it correctly, the system should ask you to restart to finish. If it does then you finished the tutorial correctly!
    Once restarted, Open device manager again using step 1. Expand the 'sound, video and game controllers' category again.

Step 7. If it says 'High Definition Audio Device' then you did it right. Here's a pic for example purposes:

ThatsNiceGuy, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Realtek audio does not show up after reinstalling

1. Realtek audio does not show up after reinstalling - Similar Threads - Realtek audio does

2. Realtek Audio Manager not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Manager not showing up: I've been banging my head at the Realtek Audio Manager for a while now so I thought id finally make a post about it.When installing the driver it installs in the program files x86 folder instead of the 64 one. It also doesn't install RtkNGUI64 its only installs the 64 upgrade...
  3. Realtek Audio Manager not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Manager not showing up: I've been banging my head at the Realtek Audio Manager for a while now so I thought id finally make a post about it.When installing the driver it installs in the program files x86 folder instead of the 64 one. It also doesn't install RtkNGUI64 its only installs the 64 upgrade...
  4. Realtek Audio Manager not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Realtek audio drivers not showing up after installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio drivers not showing up after installing: Earlier, I was playing games with a couple of my friends in a voice chat when my screen went black while I wasn't paying attention. Somehow this caused my audio driver's input and output to stop working. I uninstalled them and installed new ones on the realtek website but...
  6. Realtek audio drivers not showing up after installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek audio drivers not showing up after installing: Earlier, I was playing games with a couple of my friends in a voice chat when my screen went black while I wasn't paying attention. Somehow this caused my audio driver's input and output to stop working. I uninstalled them and installed new ones on the realtek website but...
  7. Realtek audio drivers not showing up after installing

8. Realtek Audio Driver is not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Driver is not showing up: My computer crashed while playing a game and when it booted back up, my audio was gone. I tried updating Windows, I've tried deleting and reinstalling the Realtek Audio Driver, I've even tried the good old unplugging the speakers/headphones and plugging them back in. Nothing...
  9. Realtek Audio Driver is not showing up

Realtek Audio Driver is not showing up: My computer crashed while playing a game and when it booted back up, my audio was gone. I tried updating Windows, I've tried deleting and reinstalling the Realtek Audio Driver, I've even tried the good old unplugging the speakers/headphones and plugging them back in. Nothing...
  10. Realtek Audio Drivers Not Showing Up?

Realtek Audio Drivers Not Showing Up?: My Realtek Audio Drivers have not been downloading lately. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek drivers but it won't show up in the Device Manager. I also tried using my motherboard audio drivers I have the TUF Gaming B360-M Plus Gaming Motherboard by ASUS to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek driver not showing in device manager