Windows 10: Realtek Audio Driver - Add Legacy Hardware causes BSOD

Discus and support Realtek Audio Driver - Add Legacy Hardware causes BSOD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I am having issues with my Realtek Software, it is not showing up in my Device Manager I have installed it from the Realtek Website and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RileyBK, Jul 5, 2019.

1. RileyBK Win User

Realtek Audio Driver - Add Legacy Hardware causes BSOD

Hey Guys,
    I am having issues with my Realtek Software, it is not showing up in my Device Manager I have installed it from the Realtek Website and tried it from there, but it is still not showing. I can't open up the Main Realtek HD Audio Manager as its not showing there either. I have a custom built computer; and Realtek was working for 6 months until just recently. I am not sure if there was an update because on the System Restore Point it said that Realtek uninstalled itself...

So I gave up after bit, and found "Add Legacy Hardware" on Device Manager so I did that put in Realtek for the main and when I clicked on High Definition Audio it came up with BSOD on the loading screen.

I have also figured out that I have two High Definition Audio Controllers one has a Exclamation I clicked on it and it said Code 10, after I clicked on Events it came up with these

6/30/2019 12:53:01 AM | Device Configured {hdaudbus.inf}

6/30/2019 12:53:04 AM | Device not started {HDAudBus}

I would like some help with these it is frustrating me after nearly doing everything

Thanks,

Riley

P.S OS is Windows 10

:)

RileyBK, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jul 5, 2019
  3. amaan07 Win User

i didn't understand this step- 4. Install Realtek APO Driver through device manager, then using device manager update from Realtek APO Driver to the lastest offical realtek HD Audio
    which inf file i should choose when installing Realtel APO driver folder and there are many inf files in the Realtek official HD Audio. which file to choose?

amaan07, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Jayce Win User

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Realtek Audio Driver - Add Legacy Hardware causes BSOD - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio Driver

2. Installing Realtek audio drivers using 'Add legacy hardware' is bluescreening my computer,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Realtek audio drivers using 'Add legacy hardware' is bluescreening my computer,...: From Aboit Fewdays I booted up my computer to find I can't hear any audio coming from my headset plugged into my PC's audio jack Font and Back. Aslo Microphone does not working. The Realtek audio drivers seemed to have disappeared for some reason this isn't letting upload any...
  3. Installing Realtek audio drivers using 'Add legacy hardware' is bluescreening my computer,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Realtek audio drivers using 'Add legacy hardware' is bluescreening my computer,...: From Aboit Fewdays I booted up my computer to find I can't hear any audio coming from my headset plugged into my PC's audio jack Font and Back. Aslo Microphone does not working. The Realtek audio drivers seemed to have disappeared for some reason this isn't letting upload any...
  4. Realtek Audio Driver - Add legacy hardware cause BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Driver - Add legacy hardware cause BSOD: Hi, my laptop is Lenovo, for somehow that my lap suddenly lost Realtek Audio, i try to bring it to the shop to fix but not working. Try add legacy hardware but it causes BSOD, it said that RTKvhd64.sys was the reason :...
  5. Realtek Audio Driver - Add legacy hardware cause BSOD

Realtek Audio Driver - Add legacy hardware cause BSOD: Hi, my laptop is Lenovo, for somehow that my lap suddenly lost Realtek Audio, i try to bring it to the shop to fix but not working. Try add legacy hardware but it causes BSOD, it said that RTKvhd64.sys was the reason :...
  6. Installing Realtek audio drivers using 'Add legacy hardware' is bluescreening my computer,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Realtek audio drivers using 'Add legacy hardware' is bluescreening my computer,...: Yesterday I booted up my computer to find I can't hear any audio coming from my headset plugged into my PC's audio jack. The Realtek audio drivers seemed to have disappeared for some reason this isn't letting upload any screenshots. None of the output devices say Realtek...
  7. Installing Realtek audio drivers using 'Add legacy hardware' is bluescreening my computer,...

Installing Realtek audio drivers using 'Add legacy hardware' is bluescreening my computer,...: Yesterday I booted up my computer to find I can't hear any audio coming from my headset plugged into my PC's audio jack. The Realtek audio drivers seemed to have disappeared for some reason this isn't letting upload any screenshots. None of the output devices say Realtek...
  8. Realtek Audio Driver - Add Legacy Hardware causes crash help please.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Driver - Add Legacy Hardware causes crash help please.: My Realtek suddenly vanished after restart. I couldn't find a fix so I uninstalled it then reinstalled it but when it restarted my pc it didn't do anything. I have no audio without Realtek hd audio manager. I can't find it anywhere not in my C/programfiles/realtek not in...
  9. Realtek Audio Driver - Add Legacy Hardware causes crash help please.

Realtek Audio Driver - Add Legacy Hardware causes crash help please.: My Realtek suddenly vanished after restart. I couldn't find a fix so I uninstalled it then reinstalled it but when it restarted my pc it didn't do anything. I have no audio without Realtek hd audio manager. I can't find it anywhere not in my C/programfiles/realtek not in...
  10. Realtek Audio Driver - Add Legacy Hardware causes crash help please.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware