Windows 10: Realtek Audio driver causing static/scratchy/popping audio from all sources (headphones and...

Discus and support Realtek Audio driver causing static/scratchy/popping audio from all sources (headphones and... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having an issue with my laptop speakers making static sounds constantly (at all volumes) and first assumed it to be a hardware issue,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CsSingleton, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Realtek Audio driver causing static/scratchy/popping audio from all sources (headphones and...

Hi,

I have been having an issue with my laptop speakers making static sounds constantly (at all volumes) and first assumed it to be a hardware issue, but once i realised that it was also occurring through my headphones i tried rolling back by realtek driver to the standard windows audio driver (much quieter though). This was successful in fixing my problem so i know the error is with the realtek driver. However my laptop automatically updated my driver without me realising and now i cannot rollback the driver. So I was wondering if anybody else had this issue or even better a fix.

All responses welcome,

Thanks

:)

CsSingleton, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Rich H567 Win User

Realtek HD audio headphone jack

Realtek HD audio headphone jack not listed separately in device manager, headphones don't

Rich H567, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Realtek Audio Headphone Jack Issue

Up until recently, Realtek always popped up with a message when I plugged headphones into my Lenovo laptop. However, a few days ago something happened that caused the laptop to not be able to distinguish whether or not headphones are plugged in, so now my
    laptop treats audio as if headphones are plugged in all the time. I've tried everything I could find, but I haven't been able to find a way to either manually choose whether or not headphones are plugged or to reset the driver so that it works.

I've uninstalled Realtek many times, I've downloaded the version available on their website, I've tried to use the Microsoft audio driver, but yet nothing seems to work.

Any tips on what I could do?

SarahMcDaniel, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Realtek Audio driver causing static/scratchy/popping audio from all sources (headphones and...

Audio driver issue (realtek)

I have hp 15-bc008tx, windows 10 creators update.

As you all know it comes with b&o play which is the main culprit in my issue. I found an solution online( link at the bottom) which suggested me to remove realtek HD audio driver (default) and go with high definition audio driver from Microsoft and to uninstall
    realtek from control panel. I did as said and audio worked fine for one reboot no issue whatsoever but from the next reeboot onwards though the driver is still high definition (Ms) issue came back. I repeated the steps ,again fine audio for one reboot and
    messed up for next reboot. I guess even though realtek is uninstalled it's somehow loading in the subsequent reboot. Please help me changing driver everytime for a movie is not enjoyable.

link :-http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2593100/crackling-popping-sound-laptop-speakers-headphones.html

Ashish30697, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Realtek Audio driver causing static/scratchy/popping audio from all sources (headphones and...

1. Realtek Audio driver causing static/scratchy/popping audio from all sources (headphones and... - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio driver

2. Help with installing Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with installing Realtek Audio Drivers: Normally this would be a Realtek problem but my main problem is Windows. I was getting bad mic quality so I installed the latest Realtek drivers from their website, I installed it, restarted my computer, and got no sound. I went into Devices, and saw this: Realtek is the...
  3. Audio not working with Realtek Drivers

Audio not working with Realtek Drivers: About a week ago, I discovered that the audio on my PC wasn't working. My speakers have a volume knob and I keep them turned off 90% of the time so I don't know how long this has actually been a problem, but I actually discovered it last week when I tried to turn my speakers...
  4. Realtek audio driver causing distortion/speaker

Realtek audio driver causing distortion/speaker: In my right speaker, I have a slight distortion when i hear high-pitched sounds. I checked on my headphones and I dont hear it. I updated my Realtek audio drivers a few times. It improved the first time. I still have a subtle issue and I'm not sure what to do. I switched...
  5. Realtek Driver Audio

Realtek Driver Audio: Look in vídeo, My microphone audio is cut from nothing. Look my computer setings and please, help me. (Windows 10) (Driver : Realtek Hight Audio Definition) P15hcFXsJ3U 62328
  6. Realtek HD Audio not switching to Headphone settings

Realtek HD Audio not switching to Headphone settings: I'm running Windows 10 Pro v.1607 build 14393.447 on an Asus Z170-A motherboard with Realtek HD Audio ALC892. I have speakers connected to the rear of the motherboard, and headphones via the front panel port. A few weeks ago, the Realtek HD Audio Manager started behaving...
  7. Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones

Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones: well i had this problem fixed but for some reason it's back and it won't go away no matter what i do i can't figure out how to fix it I can hear my microphone through my headphones and speakers i have listen to device unchecked but the weird part is when i try to record my...
  8. Low Audio from Realtek Drivers

Low Audio from Realtek Drivers: Hi everyone, I'm new to your community, though I have visited here often over the years to get technical help with Windows. There are so many helpful posts from members of this website, that yours was the first place (outside of my laptop's manufacture) I wanted to...
  9. Realtek HD Audio onboard audio not displaying at all

Realtek HD Audio onboard audio not displaying at all: Hello! After upgrading to windows 10 I was going through my Audio settings, I had noticed that the HD Audio from my motherboard both front and rear jacks are not displayed at all in the device manager nor the audio tab in control panel - it's as if they dont exist. I...
  10. Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers.

in Windows 10 Support
    Realtek HD audio indentifies headphones as speakers.: Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments ( FIX ) - Windows 7 Help Forums I found this old thread but I couldn't get any help from it because my regedit index doesn't look the same as theirs. I don't have a "DevType_0888_SS147b1083" or "DevType_0885_SS18490890"...