Windows 10: Realtek Audio Driver quits working

Discus and support Realtek Audio Driver quits working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Realtek Driver Stops Working It used to be a rare thing, but now it happens about every two hours that I am on the computer. I will hear the hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by glmoore0001, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Realtek Audio Driver quits working

Realtek Driver Stops Working

It used to be a rare thing, but now it happens about every two hours that I am on the computer.

I will hear the hard drive spool up or hear a loud buzz when watching YouTube and my Realtek audio driver stops working.

When that happens the music stops coming out of my add on speaker system and starts coming from my monitors.

I get a Windows box asking ' Which device did you plug in?" Even though nothing was plugged in.

I have tried disabling all the other audio drivers and that changed nothing.

I believe this started when I added the Realtek? Software that allowed me to plug headphones into my Dell Tower.

Before doing that the headphone jack on the front of my Dell Tower did nothing.

My computer specs:
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1909 build 18363.1256

Dell Inc. XPS 8920 1.0.22

4.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7-7700K

IntelR HD Graphics 630 [Display adapter]

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 [Display adapter]

NVIDIA High Definition Audio

NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM

Realtek Audio

Thanks.. Gary Moore

:)

glmoore0001, Dec 24, 2020
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Dec 24, 2020
  3. JoeBoyka Win User

Everything is working *Smile Realtek Audio Driver quits working :)

JoeBoyka, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

Realtek Audio Driver quits working

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Realtek Audio Driver quits working

1. Realtek Audio Driver quits working - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio Driver

2. Realtek audio driver won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio driver won't work: I just installed windows 11 this morning clean install everything works fine except realtek audio driver won't work i tried to downloaded it from realtek website motherboard manufacturer website but still it won't work control panel shows its already installed but can't find...
  3. Realtek audio driver won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek audio driver won't work: I just installed windows 11 this morning clean install everything works fine except realtek audio driver won't work i tried to downloaded it from realtek website motherboard manufacturer website but still it won't work control panel shows its already installed but can't find...
  4. Realtek Audio Drivers Not working as expected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Drivers Not working as expected: so for info about my issue please visit this linkhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/realteck-audio-driver-issues/de16f2d4-9313-4313-a0f1-b5414d87ad57so now i marked my issue as solved and the console was able to open.. when i tried setting...
  5. Realtek Audio Drivers Not working as expected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Drivers Not working as expected: so for info about my issue please visit this linkhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/realteck-audio-driver-issues/de16f2d4-9313-4313-a0f1-b5414d87ad57so now i marked my issue as solved and the console was able to open.. when i tried setting...
  6. Realtek audio drivers not working

Realtek audio drivers not working: Around a week ago my computer was acting weird so i decided to restart it, when it booted back up i realized that there was no audio and that the Realtek audio drivers have deleted themselves, i tried to reinstall them without success.I have tried literally everything from...
  7. Audio not working, Realtek driver missing

Audio not working, Realtek driver missing: After having an issue with my laptop and restarting it my laptop's speakers and anything plugged into the audio jack has no audio bluetooth still works.In an attempt to fix it I checked the device manager and could only find the Realtek audio driver under "hidden devices",...
  8. Realtek Audio mic drivers not working

Realtek Audio mic drivers not working: I Have the drivers of realtek my speakers are working but my mic is not working plzz help i am not finding any solution from 1 year I tried to search it on youtube but today i found that i can ask questions from you and as I try to download the drivers the downloading speed...
  9. Audio not working with Realtek Drivers

Audio not working with Realtek Drivers: About a week ago, I discovered that the audio on my PC wasn't working. My speakers have a volume knob and I keep them turned off 90% of the time so I don't know how long this has actually been a problem, but I actually discovered it last week when I tried to turn my speakers...
  10. Audio not working with Realtek Drivers

Audio not working with Realtek Drivers: About a week ago, I discovered that the audio on my PC wasn't working. My speakers have a volume knob and I keep them turned off 90% of the time so I don't know how long this has actually been a problem, but I actually discovered it last week when I tried to turn my speakers...