Windows 10: Realtek audio driver update via Windows Update failed to install

Discus and support Realtek audio driver update via Windows Update failed to install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So what began with my laptop's fan going berserk and then it being locked up by 100% Disk Usage finally resulted in me finding out WU was trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JMacleod26, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Realtek audio driver update via Windows Update failed to install

So what began with my laptop's fan going berserk and then it being locked up by 100% Disk Usage finally resulted in me finding out WU was trying to install the following:

Realtek Semiconductor Corp. -MEDIA- 10/16/2018 - 6.0.1.8555
    (Failed to install 0x800705b4)

Which it had failed to install. Does anyone know anything about this particular driver at all, since the link offered by Windows goes to a webpage that doesn't exist. And does it matter at all that not only installation failed, but after I hit retry it didn't try to download/install this driver?

:)

JMacleod26, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jan 2, 2019
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Jayce Win User

Realtek audio driver update via Windows Update failed to install

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Realtek audio driver update via Windows Update failed to install

1. Realtek audio driver update via Windows Update failed to install - Similar Threads - Realtek audio driver

2. failed realtek audio driver reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed realtek audio driver reinstall: hello, i have windows 11 homean hour ago, im reinstalling my audio driver by uninstalling the device and check the mark to delete the driver, and then i installed the driver from laptop manufacture acer. when i restarted i got no sound, and when i checked in device manager it...
  3. failed realtek audio driver reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    failed realtek audio driver reinstall: hello, i have windows 11 homean hour ago, im reinstalling my audio driver by uninstalling the device and check the mark to delete the driver, and then i installed the driver from laptop manufacture acer. when i restarted i got no sound, and when i checked in device manager it...
  4. Realtek Audio Driver not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Driver not installing: I am using a Lenovo system, I have tried using the installer from my manufacturer and from Realtek them self, They both install the software in Apps and Features but not the driver in device manager. In my system devices section in device manager has something called High...
  5. Realtek Audio Driver not installing

Realtek Audio Driver not installing: I am using a Lenovo system, I have tried using the installer from my manufacturer and from Realtek them self, They both install the software in Apps and Features but not the driver in device manager. In my system devices section in device manager has something called High...
  6. Realtek Audio Driver Installation Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Driver Installation Failed: I accidentally deleted my sound driver on my Lenovo laptop and when I try to install it from the realtek website, the installation fails. There is a red x on my speaker icon and no sound anywhere. I was originally trying to fix the sound that quit working and I think I made...
  7. Realtek Audio Driver Installation Failed

Realtek Audio Driver Installation Failed: I accidentally deleted my sound driver on my Lenovo laptop and when I try to install it from the realtek website, the installation fails. There is a red x on my speaker icon and no sound anywhere. I was originally trying to fix the sound that quit working and I think I made...
  8. Realtek Audio Driver Installation Failed

9. installation audio driver realtek failed error 0x000005B3

installation audio driver realtek failed error 0x000005B3: good morning,when i try to install realtek audio drivers it gets error 0x000005B3can you help me ?thank youAndrew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-audio-driver-realtek-failed-error/09314c15-22bc-48ac-a834-24367df39b24
  10. VIA Audio has updated their audio drivers!

VIA Audio has updated their audio drivers!: VIA Audio has updated their drivers as of 8/18/2015. They previously did not have any released for Windows 10 yet, these solved some problems I was having with VT 2021 codec! VIA Vinyl Audio - VIA Technologies, Inc. 17551

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 realtek audio driver update failed how do I get windows to retry

2. realtek fail to initalize

3. realtek hd audio driver error code 0001

4. realtek update failed,
  5. realtek semiconductor corp media there were problem installing some updates,
  6. reaktek hd audio manager software for win10,
  7. realtek audio update failed,
  8. lose realtek audio when installing windows update,
  9. driver Realtek semiconductor driver Failed to install on ‎2/‎2/‎2019 - 0x800705b4 realtek,
  10. realtek semicondutor driver failed,
  11. audio device not found after installing Windows Insider preview 18351.1 (19h1_release),
  12. audio driver failed to install