Windows 10: Realtek audio drivers disappeared and will not re-install

Discus and support Realtek audio drivers disappeared and will not re-install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically, this has happened before, and before it went away by just restarting or updating but it doesn't work this time. So I had some updates or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/breachtones, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Realtek audio drivers disappeared and will not re-install

Basically, this has happened before, and before it went away by just restarting or updating but it doesn't work this time.

So I had some updates or something last night. Apparently they "failed", could this have something to do with it?

Screenshot of the update history (from a few hours ago, i've started the updates since): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/641494914705915909/821518595267625031/unknown.png

I'm asking about this because I'm pretty sure it's linked to the fact that my Realtek audio drivers have straight up vanished off of the face of the planet. Re-installing them doesn't work and I've tried so many times now. This has happened before to me after updates in the past, and as described earlier, the problem goes away and my Realtek audio drivers re-appear after restarting or updating, or uninstalling updates.

How exactly should I fix this?

submitted by /u/breachtones
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/breachtones, Mar 16, 2021
  2. amaan07 Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Please provide step by step installation of Realtek APO driver and Realtek official driver..

amaan07, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Jayce Win User

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Jayce Win User

Realtek audio drivers disappeared and will not re-install

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Realtek audio drivers disappeared and will not re-install

1. Realtek audio drivers disappeared and will not re-install - Similar Threads - Realtek audio drivers

2. Realtek Audio Driver not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Driver not installing: I am using a Lenovo system, I have tried using the installer from my manufacturer and from Realtek them self, They both install the software in Apps and Features but not the driver in device manager. In my system devices section in device manager has something called High...
  3. Realtek Audio Driver not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Driver not installing: I am using a Lenovo system, I have tried using the installer from my manufacturer and from Realtek them self, They both install the software in Apps and Features but not the driver in device manager. In my system devices section in device manager has something called High...
  4. Realtek Audio Driver not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Realtek Audio Driver Installation Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Driver Installation Failed: I accidentally deleted my sound driver on my Lenovo laptop and when I try to install it from the realtek website, the installation fails. There is a red x on my speaker icon and no sound anywhere. I was originally trying to fix the sound that quit working and I think I made...
  6. Realtek Audio Driver Installation Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Driver Installation Failed: I accidentally deleted my sound driver on my Lenovo laptop and when I try to install it from the realtek website, the installation fails. There is a red x on my speaker icon and no sound anywhere. I was originally trying to fix the sound that quit working and I think I made...
  7. realtek audio drivers not installing

realtek audio drivers not installing: my audio randomly cut out then i did the steps on unistalling it and i did and now i restarted my pc an its not showing up i did the show hidden files thing and then i installed the audio drivers and still nothing...
  8. Realtek Audio Drivers Completely Disappeared

Realtek Audio Drivers Completely Disappeared: Last Night I had a sort of BSOD but there was no actual Blue Screen, just the noise and the screen died, following that my PC restarted and when it opened there was no audio. Realtek audio does not show in Device manager and when I try and redownload the drivers and/or the...
  9. Realtek Audio drivers repeatedly disappearing

Realtek Audio drivers repeatedly disappearing: I have an Acer Travelmate Spin 8118-RN which has the Realtek audio device appearing and disappearing every few seconds, almost every time the PC is started. There are rare occasions when the audio device behaves normally at startup, but on most occasions including during a...
  10. Realtek audio disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek audio disappeared: so my Realtek audio driver just disappeared overnight. It has happened before and only NVIDIA High definition audio remains. Tried reinstalling drivers and nothing has helped. Any idea? submitted by /u/kebsajo [link] [comments]...