Windows 10: RealTek Audio Drivers Stopping Computer from Sleeping

Discus and support RealTek Audio Drivers Stopping Computer from Sleeping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've checked out the other threads on this issue and have tried all of their solutions - no luck so far. As they are all locked, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tomographics, Feb 9, 2021.

1. RealTek Audio Drivers Stopping Computer from Sleeping

Hi everyone,

I've checked out the other threads on this issue and have tried all of their solutions - no luck so far.

As they are all locked, I thought I would post another thread.

I recently purchased a new desktop and have had troubles getting it to go to sleep or turn the screens off.

After some Googling or should we say bing here? I found that my RealTek Audio Drivers were preventing my PC from going to sleep.

This was done with powercfg -requests in command prompt. The MoUsoCoreWorker.exe is not normally there but was for this screenshot.

RealTek Audio Drivers Stopping Computer from Sleeping 7eb8874b-5e0f-4220-9090-d513af508553?upload=true.png

From reading the other threads, I've seen that people have requested an override for the driver, to tell the computer to ignore it >

I have tried this with a few different options as you can see here:

RealTek Audio Drivers Stopping Computer from Sleeping af2e0609-ab32-4293-9d77-8caeef0394d3?upload=true.png

None of them have seemed to do the trick unfortunately. The PC does not go to sleep or turn my screens off.

I assume it works if Realtek doesn't display when powercfg -requests is run?

Any ideas would be appreciated,

Thanks

:)

Tomographics, Feb 9, 2021
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Feb 9, 2021
  3. tiendat Win User

I install complete. But I open speakers properties has stop woking *Frown RealTek Audio Drivers Stopping Computer from Sleeping :(.

tiendat, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Jayce Win User

RealTek Audio Drivers Stopping Computer from Sleeping

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

RealTek Audio Drivers Stopping Computer from Sleeping

1. RealTek Audio Drivers Stopping Computer from Sleeping - Similar Threads - RealTek Audio Drivers

2. No sound from Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from Realtek Audio Drivers: Windows update has, for a FIFTH TIME, completely broken the Realtek Audio Driver.Attempts to reinstall from the manufacturer's driver website don't work.Registry editing ConsoleSecurity doesn't work.Reverting Windows updates and uninstalling the latest feature updates are not...
  3. No sound from Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound from Realtek Audio Drivers: Windows update has, for a FIFTH TIME, completely broken the Realtek Audio Driver.Attempts to reinstall from the manufacturer's driver website don't work.Registry editing ConsoleSecurity doesn't work.Reverting Windows updates and uninstalling the latest feature updates are not...
  4. realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    realtek audio driver: Hi I think my system got confused with what audio driver to use. Now it is using nvidia audio drivers which is not what I am meant to be using. The realtek audio driver is in view show hidden devices in device manager and the logo looks like this with the faded logo. Only...
  5. realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    realtek audio driver: Hi I think my system got confused with what audio driver to use. Now it is using nvidia audio drivers which is not what I am meant to be using. The realtek audio driver is in view show hidden devices in device manager and the logo looks like this with the faded logo. Only...
  6. Audio Driver preventing computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Driver preventing computer from sleep: My computer will not go into sleep mode on its own, although I can manually put it to sleep. powercfg -requests shows: [DRIVER] Creative Audigy Audio Processor WDM PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0008&SUBSYS_10241102&REV_00\7&280829bf&0&000018000A An audio stream is currently in use....
  7. Realtek Audio Drivers . . .

Realtek Audio Drivers . . .: My computer, is a Dell Laptop. Running Windows 10 pro 64 bit. I have, Realtek Audio Drivers, installed. They're, real nice. I have, external speakers, And, ear buds. It has a, built-in equalizer. But, earlier today. I wasn't, hearing anything. The, only thing, I was hearing....
  8. Realtek Audio Drivers :'(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio Drivers :'(: I recently bought a new XPS13 2020 model, but it came pre installed with Realtek Audio Drivers. I hate them. The audio enhancement tab is gone. Life is hard. Whenever I try to uninstall them through the device manager, I reboot, and they reappear just like magic. I just want...
  9. Low Audio from Realtek Drivers

Low Audio from Realtek Drivers: Hi everyone, I'm new to your community, though I have visited here often over the years to get technical help with Windows. There are so many helpful posts from members of this website, that yours was the first place (outside of my laptop's manufacture) I wanted to...
  10. Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping: Hi there, I have an audio driver that is preventing my pc from going to sleep. When I run powercfg /requests it gives the following: DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] VIA HD Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_0397&SUBSYS_1043836C&REV_1000\4&4ac9a6c&0&0001) An...