Windows 10: RealTek Audio HD Issues

Discus and support RealTek Audio HD Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Google searches show I apparently have a fairly common problem, but I haven't managed to find any solutions (a lot of people seem not to) for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Khar, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Khar Win User

RealTek Audio HD Issues

Google searches show I apparently have a fairly common problem, but I haven't managed to find any solutions (a lot of people seem not to) for my particular issue.

I just updated to Windows 10 and got the Realtek Audio manager in the exchange. My PC connected with HDMI cables have built in speakers that I have been using. For some reason, periodically, Realtek decides that my default device (even if I have all other outputs disabled) is not longer an acceptable choice, switches all audio over to "Realtek Digital Output," and refuses to send it back regardless of what I do. At the end of the day the only solution is to use headphones for a few days until, suddenly, miraculously, Realtek allows audio back through my HDMI speakers.

The screen works on every other computer in this house for sound. It's never had a problem before the Windows 10 upgrade. I'm kind of regretting that at the moment. Many suggestions have been that it's a driver issue, so I'm putting it on here in that section, even though I'm not sure if that's the issue.

I have already done the song and dance with removing and reinstalling Realtek, it's drivers, and everything else. I've done it multiple times in multiple ways, so I feel like that's not it, but who knows, maybe I've missed something.

:)

2. astangl Win User

Headphone sound is too loud, even on low settings.

I have not changed the audio drivers present on the computer from when I had first purchased it, save for reinstalling them when the issue first arose.

In the device manager, it has listed that I have Realtek HD Audio drivers for Realtek digital out and for speakers, listed under the Audio Inputs / Outputs section, and NVIDIA HD Audio and Realtek HD Audio drivers listed under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    Other than these, I do not have any audio-related software installed currently.

astangl, Apr 13, 2016
  3. ROYROMAR Win User
    Realtek HD Audio powercfg -request keeps Win 10 from sleep

After many months of trying everything it seems that the problem is solved.

Use control panel, devices, right click audio and video games - disable Realtek HD Audio.

Check the online search for new software and it will auto install.

Go back to devices, audio and video games and observe that the Realtek HD Audio has been replace by Realtek Audio.

You will find that the Realtek HD audio problem no longer appears when you do a request.

It appears that the was a conflict with the HD Audio and Win. 10 and its been updated.

ROYROMAR, Apr 13, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

RealTek Audio HD Issues

No system Spec's entered so we can only guess.

However, when an HDMI cable is connected, Windows automatically switches the default audio playback device to HDMI. When using HDMI, you are NOT using Realtek, but the sound chip in your Video Card. If Windows is automatically switching to another device, other than HDMI, either the Video card has a problem or the HDMI cable connection is an issue. In any case it is not a RealTek (PC audio) problem.

fireberd, Apr 13, 2016
  5. Thanks for the question. I know this is not related to the specific HDMI issue you are having BUT for all of you like me that have tried every single article/solution out there and still don’t have sound I want to share a temp fix that I came across by ‘mistake’. If you leave your headphones on while playing music (i.e. a youtube video or an MP3 sound) and while is playing (of course you won’t hear anything) you go to ‘sleep mode’ or similar (in my case FN+F3 with my Satellite L775), when you log back in from the sleep mode and the OS 'wakes up', suddenly the sound starts on the headphones and Windows 10 will recognize it as (Speakers ‘2’). I have NO IDEA about why this works, like I said, it was a total mistake on my part as I was trying random keys, etc. For me, it’s the only temp solution I’ve found after trying almost every article out there. It's a pain because I have to do it often in order to have sound, hopefully there'll be a fix soon. Hope this helps, cheers.

Adrian2016, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

RealTek Audio HD Issues

1. RealTek Audio HD Issues - Similar Threads - RealTek Audio Issues

2. Realtek HD Audio Manager Issue.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek HD Audio Manager Issue.: There are no noise cancellation and echo cancellation options in the microphone effects of Realtek HD Audio Manager. Is there something wrong or are those options specific to certain types of mics or systems? What am I missing here? P.S. - Currently I am using Nvidia RTX...
  3. Realtek HD Audio Driver Installation Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek HD Audio Driver Installation Issue: Hello, Recently I wanted to switch my Realtek Audio drivers to Realtek High Definition Audio to get the enhancement tab. I downloaded the installer from realtek's website. When i first the file, it uninstalls my current drivers to replace them with the HD ones, then it...
  4. Realtek HD Audio Driver issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek HD Audio Driver issue: Hi, I've had a problem for years now with music lowering the volume briefly when in calls / windows notification popups. I've identified that the issue lies with the Realtek audio driver as when I uninstalled it the problem went away. However, without the driver my sound...
  5. Realtek HD audio

Realtek HD audio: I just bought a new pc this christmas and plugged my hyper x cloud alphas with the splitter into the pc, after working past all the buggy issues and such and I tried playing the game Modern Warfare warzone, as of playing it I realized that I was only getting sound that was in...
  6. Realtek HD Audio Manager issues.

Realtek HD Audio Manager issues.: So, whenever I plug in 2 of the jacks on my computer, the Realtek HD Audio Manager menu appears, and asks you to confirm which one you have plugged in, for example, if I plugged in the microphone jack, it would ask me if I plugged in Line In, or Headphone, or Mic in, etc. But...
  7. Realtek HD Audio Driver Issue

Realtek HD Audio Driver Issue: Hello, I have tried looking online for answers but nothing has worked thus far for my problem. As of last night, the audio on my speakers has been having problems. When I first opened up my computer, no sound would come out of the speakers, however, my headphones still...
  8. Realtek HD Audio

Realtek HD Audio: My computer was working great until the Windows 10 update last week. Now the Realtek HD Audio and Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 drivers are not working. I have tried all of the manual updates and troubleshooting to no avail. I have done a lot of research and this seems to be a...
  9. Realtek HD Audio Manager

Realtek HD Audio Manager: When I plug my mic in to the correct pink audio jack, the realtek manager shows up and asks me what type of device im using so i click mic in and when i try to talk to someone or record something, they cant hear me. i hear them just fine. I do have a splitter. It was working...
  10. Realtek HD Audio issues (Realtek Audio Manager not showing up)

Realtek HD Audio issues (Realtek Audio Manager not showing up): I never thought I would be typing out a post to solve a issue but here I am. So I recently restored my computer due to a Windows error that kept missing up my session (I wouldn't be able to load files / upload files [it was missing with my school work] and when I right...