Windows 10: Realtek Audio input not working

Discus and support Realtek Audio input not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I accidently uninstalled the Realtek Audio Driver and when I open up my settings for sound and check for updates for Realtek Audio it says everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Max Meoli, May 18, 2024.

1. Max Meoli Win User

Realtek Audio input not working

I accidently uninstalled the Realtek Audio Driver and when I open up my settings for sound and check for updates for Realtek Audio it says everything is completed besides an extension called Realtek - Extension - 9.21.3690.521 and the installation error is 0x80070103. I have tried to retry many times and it errors every time. The output for my headset shows and works however the input is not there.

:)

Max Meoli, May 18, 2024
  2. Durelzo Win User

I need a new audio driver that works with Windows 10 that is not Realtek.

My computer just underwent the recent Windows update and with it the updated Realtek audio driver. I don't know if I had been using a Realtek driver before that point, I never had a reason to pay attention to it. My audio input through any mic I connect
    since the update is horrible and I need a new driver that is not Realtek, as I have updated it again, un and reinstalled it and followed all the steps listed in other similar questions such as:

"I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab03

If the issue persists, then try to uninstall and re-install the audio driver.

1. Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Device Manager.
    2. In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then right-click on it to Uninstall.
    3. Follow onscreen instructions to uninstall it.
    4. To re-install, either you can restart the system or install the driver from the manufacturer’s website (recommended as they will have updated drivers).
    For reference:

Try all the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

Fix sound or audio problems in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Audio. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you."

This has not worked for me; I need an option that is either a guaranteed fix which I don't think is available, or a new compatible driver.

Durelzo, May 18, 2024
  3. Realtek Audio Console not opening

Amigo, those are steps to get Realtek Audio Console to work.

Please go back to the top of the list and try each step, reporting back results as you go so I know what else to suggest.

You have one of the most experienced experts on the web helping you now. Most issues like this one I've handled thousands of times before and know exactly what needs to be tried and in which order. If you work with me it will be solved shortly. It would likely already have been solved had you started on the steps already.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, May 18, 2024
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, May 18, 2024
Thema:

1. Realtek Audio input not working - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio input

2. Realtek Audio input not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio input not working: I accidently uninstalled the Realtek Audio Driver and when I open up my settings for sound and check for updates for Realtek Audio it says everything is completed besides an extension called Realtek - Extension - 9.21.3690.521 and the installation error is 0x80070103. I have...
  3. Realtek Audio input not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio input not working: I accidently uninstalled the Realtek Audio Driver and when I open up my settings for sound and check for updates for Realtek Audio it says everything is completed besides an extension called Realtek - Extension - 9.21.3690.521 and the installation error is 0x80070103. I have...
  4. No input audio working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No input audio working: Yesterday my headphones were working fine, but when I got back on my computer today, they no longer showed any input audio and my friend couldn't hear me. I tried a different pair of headphones and my airpods but neither worked. I could still hear things but I couldn't talk....
  5. No Audio [Output and Input] Realtek Missing

No Audio [Output and Input] Realtek Missing: Hi, I know this question has been posted a lot but I cannot fix this even after looking through several threads and websites and I am on the verge of crying honestly. I noticed today that my speaker icon has a red x on it and there's no sound output or input found and I have...
  6. Realtek audio not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek audio not working?: Hey guys, I've posted about this before. I can't get audio to play strictly through a headset. It always plays through both the Pc and the headset, which is really irritating. I can't find any settings in realtek to fix this and I have a feeling the version I'm using doesn't...
  7. Audio input not working

Audio input not working: I have a Dell G3 15 3590 and audio input is not working at all. The integrated microphone isn't picking up audio. My headphones which have been tested to work on a different device aren't picking up audio. I HAVE THE LATEST DRIVERS. This is a repost since my last question...
  8. Realtek audio not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek audio not working: i am not having any audio come out of my headphones titled: Headphones (Realtek (R) Audio). i have tried almost everything the internet has told me, updating drivers, restarting, unplugging/re-plugging, and a ton more. Sorry i dont know how to describe all ive done because it...
  9. Realtek Audio Not Working

Realtek Audio Not Working: I don't know why but I have this problem with my audio drivers that I can't open the application to it and every now and then the drivers fail resulting in a quiet to no input mic, and my sound mixer turning everything down for no reason. I have tried reinstalling the drivers...
  10. Realtek Audio Not Working

Realtek Audio Not Working: Needing some advice. All of a sudden the audio on our PC is not working. We have windows 10 and our audio has been working fine until today. When I hover over the sound icon on the taskbar a message pops up to say 'No audio output device in installed even though we have...