Windows 10: Realtek Audio Manager not working, computer not shutting down properly

Discus and support Realtek Audio Manager not working, computer not shutting down properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was having issues with Realtek Audio Manager not starting and my speakers not being recognized a couple days ago, so I uninstalled it and tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/toastmaster223, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Realtek Audio Manager not working, computer not shutting down properly

I was having issues with Realtek Audio Manager not starting and my speakers not being recognized a couple days ago, so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall the latest version from the Realtek website. However, it seems like the Setup program doesn't install Realtek correctly, as the installation location is empty after the installation says complete.

I have tried adding Realtek as Legacy Hardware in Device Manager, which blue-screened my computer, so I'm not super eager to try it again.

My computer also will not shut off properly - when I shut down, windows appears to close and the monitor shuts off, but the fans and leds in my case are still on. The only way to shut off is to hold the power button. I wasn't having this issue before I tried messing around with Realtek Audio Manager, so I assume that it's a side effect of this.

I'm thinking I may just have to reinstall windows at this point, but anything I should try before I do that?

submitted by /u/toastmaster223
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/toastmaster223, Dec 14, 2020
  2. JoeBoyka Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everything is working *Smile Realtek Audio Manager not working, computer not shutting down properly :)

JoeBoyka, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Realtek Audio Manager not working, computer not shutting down properly

Realtek Audio NOT Working? [WINDOWS 10]

Hi,

In order for us to assist you with the Realtek Audio, that is not working on your computer. Kindly follow these troubleshooting steps:

1. Go to Device Manager>Sound,
    Video and Game Controllers.

2. Right-click Realtek High Definition Audio and
    Update Driver Software.

3. Browse My Computer for Driver Software.

4. Under Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select
    Install High Definition Audio Device.

5. Once it’s finished, repeat steps 1-4, and then install the
    latest RealTek High Definition Audio Version.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Realtek Audio Manager not working, computer not shutting down properly

1. Realtek Audio Manager not working, computer not shutting down properly - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio Manager

2. My computer isn't shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer isn't shutting down properly: Hello...I just installed Ubuntu on my PC alongside Windows 11. I was thinking it was Windows 10. and after the install. I booted Windows 11 and after a while, I tried to shut down the PC. It showed the shut down screen, then after a blank screen, It boots up my desktop and...
  3. My computer isn't shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer isn't shutting down properly: Hello...I just installed Ubuntu on my PC alongside Windows 11. I was thinking it was Windows 10. and after the install. I booted Windows 11 and after a while, I tried to shut down the PC. It showed the shut down screen, then after a blank screen, It boots up my desktop and...
  4. Computer Not Shutting Down Properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Not Shutting Down Properly: Going to have to look into this tomorrow, but I've noticed a few times recently that when I shut down it seems to shut the OS down and my monitor goes off and everything - but the computer stays on. The light on the front stays on and it still makes a noise and I have to then...
  5. Not shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not shutting down properly: Hi, My machine, running windows 10 pro, 64 bit, does not shut down properly. I only realised recently that if I press a key, it fires back up. I have shut down in windows using the normal power function as usual and it's not set up to go into hibernation. I think it's been...
  6. Realtek Audio manager not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio manager not working: So I recently updated my drivers and windows and now my audio is not working what so ever. I don't have the option to even see the audio manager and I don't have the High definition audio available to select in my device manager. I've tried reinstalling the drivers I've tried...
  7. Realtek Audio isn’t working/properly installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio isn’t working/properly installing: Sorry if I’m on the sub Reddit. I figured this is the place to ask since it’s on Window OS. I’m having a lot of trouble trying to install the Realtek Audio Drivers as I’ve tried deleting the drivers and reinstalling them (the issue here being even if I install the drivers...
  8. Proper Shut Down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Proper Shut Down?: Hello, I have recently reinstalled my windows 10 pro(not sure if that's important info) after several years. The way I had my win 10 set up previously before this, was that when I go to turn the PC off, it clears everything. closes all apps and when I start it, I know I...
  9. Not shutting down properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Not shutting down properly: Hi all *Smile Bit of a strange problem with Windows 10 on my desktop - it doesn't seem to shut down properly. I get the usual 'shutting down' screen, but (sometimes) when it turns back on it's resumes at a stage maybe 30 seconds before I switched it off. For example, if I...
  10. Windows was not shut down properly but I did shut it down properly!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows was not shut down properly but I did shut it down properly!: Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, I remain perplexed about this one issue that is plaguing my system: Almost every shut down is reported in the Windows 10 Reliability Monitor as the computer was not shut down properly. This happens on both shut downs and restarts using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek audio shutdown problems