Windows 10: Realtek audio manager only lets me use mic or headphones and not both

Discus and support Realtek audio manager only lets me use mic or headphones and not both in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I was recently playing a game with my friend and I wanted to talk to him with my mic. I have a turtle beach headset with a built in mic. My pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ryan Keehn, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Realtek audio manager only lets me use mic or headphones and not both

Hello, I was recently playing a game with my friend and I wanted to talk to him with my mic. I have a turtle beach headset with a built in mic. My pc has 2 headphone ports on the front, one for just headphones, and one for both headphones and a mic. When I plugged my headset into the headset and mic port, it brought me to the realtek hd audio manager and it asked me if i plugged in a mic or a headset. If I click mic, than only my mic works and if I click headphones, only my headphones work and my mic doesn’t. How do I get both to work? Please Help!

My pc is an hp 8300 elite small form factor. I tested my headset and mic on my xbox and it worked fine.

:)

Ryan Keehn, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Rich H567 Win User

Realtek HD audio headphone jack

Realtek HD audio headphone jack not listed separately in device manager, headphones don't

Rich H567, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones

well i had this problem fixed but for some reason it's back and it won't go away no matter what i do i can't figure out how to fix it
    I can hear my microphone through my headphones and speakers i have listen to device unchecked
    but the weird part is when i try to record my voice my mic doesn't work at all i can't hear anything i've tried muting "microphone" in speaker propetiies and that stops it but i still can't use my mic at all
    it's making me really angry*Mad
    i should probably mention that it's an internal mic
    this i what i have the settings at

Realtek audio manager only lets me use mic or headphones and not both [​IMG]

constantcanada, Sep 17, 2019
  4. vindows Win User

Realtek audio manager only lets me use mic or headphones and not both

Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Realtek audio manager only lets me use mic or headphones and not both

1. Realtek audio manager only lets me use mic or headphones and not both - Similar Threads - Realtek audio manager

2. Audio only functioning within Realtek Audio Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio only functioning within Realtek Audio Manager: I've never had any issues with my headphones before this morning, when I updated my computer. I noticed that my headphones were not playing any audio at all. At first, I wasn't too worried, assumed I probably just had to update my audio drivers so I went ahead and did that,...
  3. Audio only functioning within Realtek Audio Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio only functioning within Realtek Audio Manager: I've never had any issues with my headphones before this morning, when I updated my computer. I noticed that my headphones were not playing any audio at all. At first, I wasn't too worried, assumed I probably just had to update my audio drivers so I went ahead and did that,...
  4. Headphones With Mic Unable To Be Used As Both

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones With Mic Unable To Be Used As Both: I've recently built a new rig and when I went to call one of my friends, they couldn't hear me. I soon figured out that was because my headphones with a built in mic were only being detected as an audio output, not input. In the other port my headphones only get detected as...
  5. Headphones With Mic Unable To Be Used As Both

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones With Mic Unable To Be Used As Both: I've recently built a new rig and when I went to call one of my friends, they couldn't hear me. I soon figured out that was because my headphones with a built in mic were only being detected as an audio output, not input. In the other port my headphones only get detected as...
  6. realtek audio manager wont let mechoose mic and headphones

realtek audio manager wont let mechoose mic and headphones: i am trying to play games with my friends but when i plug in my headphones the reltek audio manager comes up and say which device did a plug in i click on headphones and i can hear stuff but my mic wont work then i click on mic and my friends can me but i cant hear them plese...
  7. Headset can only be set to a mic or headphones not both

Headset can only be set to a mic or headphones not both: When I connect my headset to my pc realtek audio manager comes up and asks me if I have plugged in a mic,line in or headphones If I click mic it will utilise the mic but no audio will play out into the headset If I click headphones I can hear sound but cant use the mic...
  8. Headphone mic not detected by realtek HD audio

Headphone mic not detected by realtek HD audio: Okay, so I've been working on this for roughly two hours, searching google as well as looking through the various settings, and I can't seem to find the problem. A few weeks ago, everything worked perfectly, clean and crisp sounds, the works. But today I decided to login and...
  9. Realtek audio manager won’t only lets me use mic or headphones and not both

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek audio manager won’t only lets me use mic or headphones and not both: Hello, I was recently playing a game with my friend and I wanted to talk to him with my mic. I have a turtle beach headset with a built in mic. My pc has 2 headphone ports on the front, one for just headphones, and one for both headphones and a mic. When I plugged my headset...
  10. Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones

Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones: well i had this problem fixed but for some reason it's back and it won't go away no matter what i do i can't figure out how to fix it I can hear my microphone through my headphones and speakers i have listen to device unchecked but the weird part is when i try to record my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek hd adio manager only lets be have mic or heaqdphone at one time not boith