Windows 10: Realtek Audio multi-output tasking

Discus and support Realtek Audio multi-output tasking in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having trouble with getting different applications to play through different outputs. I have my speakers plugged into the back and my headset in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Atkinsn, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Atkinsn Win User

Realtek Audio multi-output tasking

I am having trouble with getting different applications to play through different outputs. I have my speakers plugged into the back and my headset in the front, but I can't figure out how to get my music and game sound to play out of the speakers while keeping the chat audio from skype or teamspeak in the headset. I'm using the Realtek ACL892 8-channel High Def Audio CODEC that comes built in to the ASUS Sabortooth 990FX R2.0.

:)

Atkinsn, Feb 10, 2016
  2. Bigjay832 Win User

I been having trouble with the volume in the mic settings. I tried all I know please help.

This is the three devices that are under the "Sounds, video, and game controllers" tab:

• AMD High Definition Audio Device
    • CyberLink Webcam Virtual Drivers
    • Realtek High Definition Audio
    Under the "Audio input and output" tab:

• Mic in at front panel (black) (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Realtek HD Output 2nd output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Speaker/HD (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    I use microphone headset to talk to people while playing an online game. The program I use is "Ventrilo". I tried the steps you posted and the mic volume is still muting automatically.

Bigjay832, Feb 10, 2016
  3. No audio from rear I/O audio connection in motherboard panel

I am not able to get any signal to the rear audio jacks of my Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 Mobo, I am running a licensed version of windows 10 pro x64bit. My speakers are the BOSE Companion 50 with the standard 3.5mm jack. I updated the drivers to the latest Realtek
    HD Audio drivers but to no avail.

There are 4 audio devices in device manager

2 in "Audio inputs and outputs"

- Realtek digital output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

- Realtek digital output (optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)

and 2 in "Sound, Video and Game Controllers"

- High Definition audio device

- Realtek High definition audio

AND...when I plug my speakers into the front chassis HD Audio output.... 3.5mm headphone jack...the sound works fine. (this is plugged into the Front Panel Audio connector (10-1 pin AAFP) on the motherboard.) When this is plugged in,

a 'speakers (realtek high definition audio)'

device appears in the "Audio inputs and outputs" in device manger.

When I plug the speakers into the rear mobo I/O Audio connection, there is recognition from the Asus Realtek HD Audio software that something has been connected, but no sound is output through them at all. I have changed the playback devices to both realtek
    audio and realtek audio (optical), from what I understand, the 'Optical' is the optical output from my motherboard that is labelled SPDIF out on the rear panel? Is that right?

I just don't know what else to try.

Its worth mentioning I only built this PC last weekend and so have never had any audio signal from the rear of this motherboard.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SteadtyEddy, Feb 10, 2016
Thema:

Realtek Audio multi-output tasking

1. Realtek Audio multi-output tasking - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio multi

2. Outputting stereo content on a 5.1 multi-channel audio system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outputting stereo content on a 5.1 multi-channel audio system: Hello! I already wrote in support of the motherboard manufacturer ASUS about this problem, I was advised to write to Microsoft support. I will duplicate here my question and answer from ASUS support."Hello! I'm having trouble setting up 5.1 multi-channel audio correctly on a...
  3. Outputting stereo content on a 5.1 multi-channel audio system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outputting stereo content on a 5.1 multi-channel audio system: Hello! I already wrote in support of the motherboard manufacturer ASUS about this problem, I was advised to write to Microsoft support. I will duplicate here my question and answer from ASUS support."Hello! I'm having trouble setting up 5.1 multi-channel audio correctly on a...
  4. Realtek Digital Audio output not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Digital Audio output not working: Realtek Digital Audio Output makes no sound, but in the sound playback settings when I play music, change volume, etc it shows its MAKING noise but just not playing it through to my headphones. I have the Razer Kraken X incase that matters....
  5. Realtek Digital Audio output not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Digital Audio output not working: Realtek Digital Audio Output makes no sound, but in the sound playback settings when I play music, change volume, etc it shows its MAKING noise but just not playing it through to my headphones. I have the Razer Kraken X incase that matters....
  6. Realtek Digital Audio output not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. No Audio [Output and Input] Realtek Missing

No Audio [Output and Input] Realtek Missing: Hi, I know this question has been posted a lot but I cannot fix this even after looking through several threads and websites and I am on the verge of crying honestly. I noticed today that my speaker icon has a red x on it and there's no sound output or input found and I have...
  8. Realtek Audio Manager Unable To Use Multi-Streaming Mode

Realtek Audio Manager Unable To Use Multi-Streaming Mode: I'm trying to activate multi-streaming mode so I can disable my headphone's microphone yet my realtek audio manager doesn't have an advanced settings option to activate it. I'm using realtek's 2.8.2 version. Here is an image:...
  9. Realtek Audio will not output any sound suddenly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio will not output any sound suddenly: Today when I turned on my PC, the Realtek audio will not produce any sound. In the volume mixer it shows that there is not even any sound being detected by Windows. When I switch devices to my monitor, it has sound, but not with my headphones plugged into my motherboard. I...
  10. Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones

Realtek audio mic outputting to speakers/headphones: well i had this problem fixed but for some reason it's back and it won't go away no matter what i do i can't figure out how to fix it I can hear my microphone through my headphones and speakers i have listen to device unchecked but the weird part is when i try to record my...